Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Welcome to duome forums

The Duome Team uses this forum to announce new features, new forums or forum structure changes, developments going on, and other matters you should be aware of.

Jacko079
United States of America

Re: Welcome to duome forums

Post by Jacko079 »

Welcome Juan Carlos!!

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

Pearlie174
Spain

Post by Pearlie174 »

Brilliant, thank you for doing this, I was a lurker on the Duo forum, I will try to be more active here :-)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Pearlie174 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:30 am

Brilliant, thank you for doing this, I was a lurker on the Duo forum, I will try to be more active here :-)

That's your first post already!
Some newcomers seem to be scared off by the many "archiving" posts already here.
But don't ... feel free to create your own topic to be discussed at any time.

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Ro8
Argentina

Post by Ro8 »

Hi, Juan Carlos!!! Welcome!

Nada
Egypt

good

Post by Nada »

:D We only live once

ابتسم دااااائما :D
Always smile ;) :D
🥀🥀

Deleted User 335

Post by Deleted User 335 »

Thank you so much. It's great

trackerwannabe
United States of America

Re: Welcome to duome forums / additional resources

Post by trackerwannabe »

I am grateful that you have created this forum, and that so much work is being done to save valuable posts from the forums. The more I use this site, the more I like it.

For those that care to look at them, I posted a reply here&here with pointers to additional resources. Specifically (with subsequent additions),

And you might be able to find some of the old forum posts on one of the archive sites (e.g. archive.today web capture or the Wayback Machine)

Other resources:

LanguageResourceAccompanying Forum PostArchived Version
FrançaisLe Français Par La Méthode Naturehttps://forum.duolingo.com/comment/52388756https://archive.ph/wip/97oSq
French in Actionhttps://forum.duolingo.com/comment/6973720https://archive.ph/wip/dXynK
French in Action on YouTube

Edits:

22 March 2022
Added Duolingo Forum Archive, A big thank you to justheaven for making us aware of this resource, and a million more thank yous rebane2001/hobune for creating it!!

23 March 2022
Added Silkthreads Library. Thanks to Corinnebelle for this information.

24 March 2022
Added Duo Planet. Thanks to rtqs-sandra for the reference.

3 April 2022
Added Duolingo (All Languages) facebook group.
Added link to dakanga's post, Resources - in other languages.
Altered title.

Last edited by trackerwannabe on Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: Graphic : Registered users on Duome

Post by Basler Biker »

Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

ljredux
Great Britain

Post by ljredux »

Hi everyone and thanks to the admin for creating this forum. I'm not sure how much I'll use it because my use of the Duolingo forums dropped off as my fluency progressed and I began to find the site less and less useful. I will certainly drop in from time to time though.

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

[mention]ljredux[/mention], perhaps this forum is better suited for you, coz you can chat and practice in any language. Or just read / post about language related things. Or travel and culture.

Enjoy the forum!

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

Sue588388
United States of America

Post by Sue588388 »

So grateful to duome for this beautiful new space to be with others who are interested in language learning! I’m new and very slow at all the thingies and whatsits, but really glad to be here with all of you.

Somehow I couldn’t get myself to begin here until the DL forums vanished. When I was able to log in today, my sadness noticeably lessened. Thank you duome.

Native 🇺🇸 Learning 🇪🇸 🇫🇷 🇺🇦
“When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.” —Buddha

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

[mention]Sue588388[/mention], welcome to our new home!

You will soon find out how to handle things here, and if not, there is always someone who will help you!

This place is about language learning and practice, we all want to enjoy our time here and if you just want to chit-chat, it's fine.

Take a look around, make yourself comfortable and have fun!

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

Theron126
Russia

Post by Theron126 »

Well hello there :) Just found about this forum yesterday, not been very active on Duo for a while but I guess I'll hang around. It's good to see some familiar names.

Native 🇺🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Fluent 🇷🇺 Studying 🇷🇴

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: Graphic - Registered users on Duome

Post by Basler Biker »

During the week before the closing, i.e. when DL had the red system message displayed, we had doubled the no. of new registrations per day, from 25 on average since the start of duome, to about 50/day during that week. After the closing, the new registrations here have dropped to 10/day...

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Theron126 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:34 am

Well hello there :) Just found about this forum yesterday, not been very active on Duo for a while but I guess I'll hang around. It's good to see some familiar names.

Welcome! :D I hope you will enjoy your time here and the changes Duome has made to include only positivity and a fresh new arrangement with great search capabilities and a more structured forum.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

I hope a lot of people that haven't moved yet will move over cause this place is great

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

BrianEngst1 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:48 pm

I hope a lot of people that haven't moved yet will move over cause this place is great

Me too!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Sue588388
United States of America

Re: Graphic - Registered users on Duome

Post by Sue588388 »

Basler Biker wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:44 pm

After the closing, the new registrations here have dropped to 10/day...

Not sure if this was true for anyone else, but I spent about 2 days trying to get onto duome forums after the DL forums closed. Something may have been going on with my iPhone set up and/or the registration emails. I never did get an email.

Possibly a very kind administrator helped (I attempted 2 messages through the contact an administrator here), and/or it just took a bit of time for me to be able to log in. Then again maybe a lot of people decided earlier than me, or just didn’t log into the DL forums during the pink post-it time period.

g-heike
Germany

Post by g-heike »

Since the forum can be viewed from the outside in unregistered state, it would be good if somewhere on the page there is a fixed text that if the registration email is not received, you should just log in like that. Often the account has already been activated.

duome

Post by duome »

I added a "global" announcement visible to all guests, just in case someone visits but they still don't know:

Dear anyone, if you tried to register but you didn't get your activation email: please, try to log in anyway - we activated all accounts so you can just log in and be welcome :)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

duome wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:33 am

I added a "global" announcement visible to all guests, just in case someone visits but they still don't know:

Dear anyone, if you tried to register but you didn't get your activation email: please, try to log in anyway - we activated all accounts so you can just log in and be welcome :)

@duome ... can this made a front-page top-of-anything else SYSTEM ANNOUNCEMENT (banner) on the (all) duome.eu page(s).
As well as on the very top of forums.duome.eu ... saying that users should just try, despite the missing activation email...

duome

Post by duome »

It's being displayed on every forum page for guests (but not registered members since they already went through and they probably don't need to see this announcement any longer).

I will make it available on duome progress pages as well (that's a good point).

Sue588388
United States of America

Post by Sue588388 »

Possible edit might be “To anyone who wants to participate in(?) (or) join(?) our new(?) (or) duome(?) forums” ?

Possibly include the 2 steps:
1-link to registration page
2-then the info re “if you don’t receive your registration email…” possibly mentioning a time frame - within 2(?) days?

duome

Post by duome »

I edited it to "join duome forums" (with the link)..
You can see the entire text in incognito mode if you're using Chrome, or a similar mode in other browsers, they just call it differently.

Naty_Cc
Columbia

Post by Naty_Cc »

Thanks to all for making this possible, it's very helpful

Naty C
🇹🇷 🇦🇪 🇮🇳 🇨🇴

Heike333145
Germany

Post by Heike333145 »

Hi :)

Thanks so much for creating these forums!

I'm Heike from Germany. I already was a member in the Duolingo forums, and I'm happy to be here now as well.

Happy learning to everyone!

My native language is German 🇩🇪. Proficient in English 🇺🇸. I'm always happy to help and learn. (🇪🇸, 🇹🇷, 🇷🇺, 🇳🇴, Image , 🇫🇷, Image)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Heike333145 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:17 pm

Hi :)

Thanks so much for creating these forums!

I'm Heike from Germany. I already was a member in the Duolingo forums, and I'm happy to be here now as well.

Happy learning to everyone!

Welcome Heike. Do you read/understand "some" English as well?
Wir sind noch auf der Suche nach eine Moderator:in für EN/DE ;-)

David680268
Germany

Post by David680268 »

duome wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:30 pm

You can see the entire text in incognito mode if you're using Chrome, or a similar mode in other browsers, they just call it differently.

Maybe you could make the forum more visible on the main site of duome? Maybe add some kind of banner "Check out our new and totally awesome forums!".

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

David680268 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:22 pm
duome wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:30 pm

Maybe you could make the forum more visible on the main site of duome? Maybe add some kind of banner "Check out our new and totally awesome forums!".

Use the "mention" feature to "ping"/"notify"/"paging" the admin [mention]duome[/mention]
Or make posts like this, suggestions, under "Duome Requests" ;-)

More visible, indeed, especially because, so I understood, on a smartphone the right part of the top row is not visible (where the FORUM link is)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: Duome User Account Flags by Geographic Location

Post by Basler Biker »

Return to “Announcements by Duome”