Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Different quests on desktop and mobile?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Yan534892

Different quests on desktop and mobile?

Post by Yan534892 »

Are these expected to be different?

Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-13 202950.png
Screenshot 2024-03-13 202950.png (23.3 KiB) Viewed 547 times
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-13 at 20.22.10.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-13 at 20.22.10.jpeg (79.63 KiB) Viewed 547 times
Deleted User 4833

Re: Different quests on desktop and mobile?

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

I've often gotten different sets of quests on desktop vs. mobile.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Do you get double gems then?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

The sync between platforms has been an issue for duolingo for a long time. Sadly it doesn't seem like they're willing to make the eperience more uniform either.

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:06 pm

Sometimes, it depends on how well the quests sync up with each other when you change platforms.

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but not sure how to complete it all since I'm out of gems due to refusing to pay for the Snake :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image

back4morelater
Great Britain

Post by back4morelater »

You can get different quests using different web browsers on the same device, though you don't seem to get more than three counted towards the monthly total per day. I've never quite worked out how the quests are counted between mobile and desktop but I've certainly managed to to get credited with more than 3 per day.

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

SansEspoir wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:58 pm

The sync between platforms has been an issue for duolingo for a long time. Sadly it doesn't seem like they're willing to make the eperience more uniform either.

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:06 pm

Sometimes, it depends on how well the quests sync up with each other when you change platforms.

Same.

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Can someone please explain what quests actually are and how to obtain them ?

•I have only 8 so far, for this month. ( out of 50)

Is that the usual amount for everyone ? It is for me.

I’ve completed them for each month since they’ve been started , but I have no idea how I’m doing it !

I gather, finishing a whole circle of lessons may get you one , but just curious what else gets you to your goal.

Merci beaucoup. 🙂

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@Meli578588 At the top of this topic there's some examples of daily quests, each of those daily quests contribute to the quests you need to earn to get one of those quest badges. Last month it was a Christmas tree of frogs singing!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

@Meli578588 On the web you can find them here https://www.duolingo.com/quests
And the daily ones tend to be things like "finish your next 3 lessons, do seven listening exercises, get 10 correct answers in a row" and you get gems or xp boosts for completing them.

Working on repairing the 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but not sure how to complete it all since I'm out of gems due to refusing to pay for the Snake :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

@Corinnebelle Thank you much for the help! Sometimes , it’s a long way up to scroll ! Appreciate you pointing that out …..I saw that one, ahhh cute. —- 🙂
@SansEspoir - Thanks for the examples and help . I really appreciate it. 🙂( Plus, the link .)

I’ll be looking out for those now.
•Also, thank you both for answering so promptly.

Edit: Speaking of getting 10 correct in a row , I’ve never gotten so many wrong since they switched the tree to the snake !
I use to be 95/98 to 💯 % now , I’m lucky to get 80 or 90% and forget about my Japanese course….. I am sort of lost now.

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

I've found that if I do my first three Daily Quests on the web version (I use Duck Duck Go), then go to the App - and if there are any quests there that weren't completed by my work on the app - I can get more than three quests a day counted toward my Monthly Quests. For instance, today I got credit for five quests by banging out three on the web and two more on the app.

I've also found some strange accounting if you start a lesson before midnight and complete it after midnight. It often works in my favor.

The Quest idea was a really good one and it was met with Great Success. All the Quests ideas are good: Daily Quests, Monthly Quests, and Friends Quests.

Another thing to note about the Fifty Quests a month thing is, if you win a Friend's Quest, that counts as five completed Quests toward your Monthly Quests.

People generally hit their monthly target of fifty around the thirteenth or fourteenth day of the month. I get flooded with popups on my News Feed and I'm only following thirty-two people. I wonder how those people who follow several hundred deal with it....

c'qui compte c'est pas l'arrivée, c'est la quête -- La quête

Last edited by Saperlipopette! on Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Great advice and help . Merci @Saperlipopette! 🙂Much appreciated.

I will try all the suggestions. ⭐️

Thanks everyone for your time and thorough •quests directions of “how-tos” •/ how-to’s

Yan534892

Post by Yan534892 »

Saperlipopette! wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:34 am

People generally hit their monthly target of fifty around the thirteenth or fourteenth day of the month.

Do they all use the web + mobile trick?

Saperlipopette!

You don't need any tricks to finish in 14 days:

• 14 days * 3 quests per day = 42 quests.
  • 2 Friends Quests in 14 days = 10 quests.

You can miss 2 quests in that fortnight and still hit 50 Monthly Quests.

cah2o

Post by cah2o »

If you use the web first to complete the three quests and decide not to use the app for the day, make sure you check the app. Sometimes the app shows that you completed the two of the three quests for the day, but the day count is greyed out on the app. I've lost a few streak freezes this way. But most of the times it does register on the app.

Yan534892

Post by Yan534892 »

How are streak freezes related to quests?

cah2o

Post by cah2o »

Yan534892 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:02 pm

Streak freezes are not related to quests. I was using the quest as an example since quests online and quests in the app differ at times.

I completed 3 quests online. Then I used the app and saw that the day streak was greyed out with an exclamation point. So I checked the quest and it showed that I had completed 2 and the third was a quest that had to be done in the app.

In the past I doubted myself because I can be forgetful. I had actually completed lessons everyday online, but they did not register with the app (I wasn't using the app everyday). That is why streak freezes were applied even though I had done lessons for those days.

I use the app on my tablet while walking, so I wasn't thinking about doing a screenshot at that time. If it happens again, I'll try to take a screenshot.

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

cah2o wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:51 pm

If you use the web first to complete the three quests and decide not to use the app for the day, make sure you check the app. Sometimes the app shows that you completed the two of the three quests for the day, but the day count is greyed out on the app. I've lost a few streak freezes this way. But most of the times it does register on the app.

I generally do my first lesson of the day on the app, because it has longer streak bets, so you get more gems once it's reached. The website only lets you bet for a week at a time, and gives you like 100 gems if you bet 50 and fulfill it. The app can give you 300 as it goes for the whole month and gives you 50 more for each completed week.

Saperlipopette!

I just finished FQ this week so my count today, on 4/4 for the month of April, is 22. The daily counts they were 3+5+4+10. I think I'll try to see how early I can get the Monthly Quest for Avril.

Saperlipopette!

We achieved our weekly quest just before midnight on April 10. I didn't visit the quest notice until after midnight, and it looks like visiting the notice is what triggers the award of five quests to the monthly total. So the feed shows me as completing the 50 quests for April around 12:15 pm EDST on 4-11.

I'd say it's a bug that's giving me more than 3 for a day, aside from the 5 for FQ. Most days this month I'd complete enough work on the web to reach two daily quests, and I'd get a double XP timer. Then I'd switch over to the app and try to do as many hearts lessons as I can in 15 minute timer. It's usually 3-4-or-5. Sometimes I'd start a new legendary as my last lesson under the timer to get a duome like this:

Time • XPLesson
22:54:26 · 90XPHealth 2
21:48:55 · 26XPpractice / story
21:44:15 · 30XPpractice / story
21:39:56 · 30XPpractice / story

If anyone's looking, it would probably never occur to them that I spent 1:05:31 on my legendary lesson, and the double XP reward for Health 2 was actually from the timer started at 21:35.

I'd visit my app quests after and it would tick off 2 or 3 completed app daily quests after getting credit for 2-3 web quests that day. If I did it in reverse I'd get nothing for daily quests on the web work.

I don't expect to get any other notices in my feed for friends completing the monthly quest for a few days. A bunch will come April 14-15.

cah2o

Post by cah2o »

cah2o wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:05 pm
Yan534892 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:02 pm

I completed 3 quests online. Then I used the app and saw that the day streak was greyed out with an exclamation point. So I checked the quest and it showed that I had completed 2 and the third was a quest that had to be done in the app.

If it happens again, I'll try to take a screenshot.

Attachments
Screenshot_20240410_205141_Duolingo.jpg
Screenshot_20240410_205141_Duolingo.jpg (31.16 KiB) Viewed 44 times
Screenshot_20240410_205203_Duolingo.jpg
Screenshot_20240410_205203_Duolingo.jpg (42.65 KiB) Viewed 44 times

Return to “Duolingo”