Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Ta–daaah in different languages

pawndemic
Germany

Ta–daaah in different languages

Post by pawndemic »

I think it is time for a really deep and meanigful topic which gets less attention as it deserved. And I found nothing about it in the internet in my one minute research.

What is tadaaah (as in "tadaaah, surprise!" or when you are proudly presenting something for the first time ) in different languages?

In German is also tadaaa (sometimes also seen with an h)
And I guess in Spanish of Spain it is "tachán!" I f I remember it correctly.

Last edited by pawndemic on Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

native: 🇩🇪, B2 - C1: 🇬🇧 🇪🇸, A1: 🇫🇷 🇮🇹

AelienFelis
Poland

Re: Tadaaah in different languages

Post by AelienFelis »

In Polish it'll be like this: 🎉 TA-DAM! Niespodzianka! 🎉
Multiple 'a' might be added to one or both 'words', hyphen is not mandatory (ta-daaam, taaa daaam)

| :poland: N | :gb: C1 | :de: (B1) | :fr: A2+ | :norway: (A1) | :ukraine: A0 | :hungary: (A0) |

Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

I'd be interested to know what the Klingon version would be, for when a blood-spattered Klingon warrior cheerfully raises aloft the severed head of an enemy in the mess hall.

"Tadaah!" wouldn't sound quite right.... :)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

pawndemic
Germany

Post by pawndemic »

Davey944676 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:22 pm

I'd be interested to know what the Klingon version would be,

I guess, it would be something harsh like BAR- GAAAH. Maybe you should rewatch TNG. There should be at least a hint. There was a klingon child in it, wasn't it? :D

AelienFelis
Poland

Post by AelienFelis »

Funny thing about surprise – currently used niespodzianka (literally: thing you didn't expect to happen) only appeared in Polish in the 19th century, before it was siurpryza taken directly from French surprise, which is now a word almost forgotten 💁🏻‍♀️

| :poland: N | :gb: C1 | :de: (B1) | :fr: A2+ | :norway: (A1) | :ukraine: A0 | :hungary: (A0) |

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Re: Ta–daaah in different languages

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, in Poland TADAAM is an emotional, positive and slightly perverse message about beauty, life, relationships
and appreciating what we often miss.

However, TADAAM TATUUM is a platform for communicating delight over everyday life.

Because the big things happening every day are the real TADAAM ~ they just need to be noticed and emphasized! :)

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

AelienFelis
Poland

Post by AelienFelis »

Dana_Dany Danuta wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:28 pm

Hi, in Poland TADAAM is an emotional, positive and slightly perverse message about beauty, life, relationships

However, TADAAM TATUUM is a platform for communicating delight over everyday life.

Because the big things happening every day are the real TADAAM ~ they just need to be noticed and emphasized! :)

Wait WHAAA- I'm Polish and didn't know this 🤯

pawndemic
Germany

Post by pawndemic »

AelienFelis wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:50 pm

Wait WHAAA- I'm Polish and didn't know this 🤯

That's why we here. To learn something about our own language :D.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Dana_Dany Danuta wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:28 pm

Like the dandelions on the lawn! :)

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:00 am

Like the dandelions on the lawn! :)

....a pszczoły na mleczach ~ TADAAM ~ radość maam! :)

.... and the bees on dandelions ~ TADAAM ~ I have joy! :D

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

Return to “Random Thoughts”