Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Şarkici

Denise Doos
Netherlands

Şarkici

Post by Denise Doos »

Hello,

First time posting here and I do not know if this is the right place to post

But I get a constant error when typing Şarkici in Duolingo

Where can I report these kind of errors?

Google translates it correctly and in courses of duolingo it is also spelled correctly when duolingo uses the word as an example, but when I type the word I get and error message and I can't complete the course

I hope someone can help me with this and if this is not the right place to report this, point me in the direction so it can be resolved

Btw, my native language is Dutch and sorry for any mistakes in english ;)

DmGabin

Re: Şarkici

Post by DmGabin »

Şarkici is an obvious spelling error. Şarkıcı is correct. There is nothing to report. Just keep on learning. İyi şanslar!

Danika_Dakika
United States of America

Post by Danika_Dakika »

First, the sub-forum you were looking for was probably the one for English speakers who are learning Turkish. [As you can see, your current forum is labelled "Ben Türkçe konuşuyorum."]

I agree with the previous response that your answer is obviously mis-spelled in Turkish -- however that mis-spelling would generally be accepted by the course as a typo/accent warning. If your answer is being rejected, it is much more likely that you are making another different error. Without your complete answer (and without the specific exercise, because unfortunately you cannot comment there!), it is impossible to tell you what your other error could be.

The best way to report an alternative translation that is not accepted is still the "Report" flag during the exercise. But if this is a "constant error" that you see -- you should definitely consider if the rest of your sentence is correct before "Report" flagging it.

--Danika_Dakika

Duolingo Mod, TR Image <> EN Image

DmGabin

Post by DmGabin »

… however that mis-spelling would generally be accepted by the course as a typo/accent warning.

My impression is that this kind of tolerance does not extend to the i / ı choice (although s instead of ş etc. are accepted with a warning).

Danika_Dakika
United States of America

Post by Danika_Dakika »

It should cover all six of the non-English letters -- ı ğ ü ş ö ç (accepting i g u s o c instead). The course (and all of computing, really) has a deeper problem with upper-dotted-i, because it is simultaneously correct and incorrect. But even that should be accepted with a warning.

Duolingo Mod, TR Image <> EN Image

Denise Doos
Netherlands

Post by Denise Doos »

Thank you all for the replies and I next time I will post in the correct subforum ;)

I now see that it is my mistake and not an error from/in Duolingo. I had to look very hard to see the difference in this message

DmGabin wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:11 am

Şarkici is an obvious spelling error. Şarkıcı is correct. There is nothing to report. Just keep on learning. İyi şanslar!

I didn't spot the difference between Şarkici and Şarkıcı until I read this

DmGabin wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:41 am

My impression is that this kind of tolerance does not extend to the i / ı choice (although s instead of ş etc. are accepted with a warning).

I didn't realise(noticed) there was a difference between an i and a ı :D

Thanks for explaining and I will keep this mind and will pay attention next time :!:

DmGabin

Post by DmGabin »

Denise Doos wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:31 pm

I now see that it is my mistake and not an error from/in Duolingo.

Well, yes, it is your spelling mistake. However, I played around a little bit and found that Duolingo (normally) tolerates i for ı. Thus, I second Danika_Dakika: provide a full sentence. But first, try the correct spelling. Do you still get an error message?

Denise Doos
Netherlands

Post by Denise Doos »

No, not anymore

I think I have to pay more attention to the accents, especially when I have to translate a single word because I got the error when a pictogram was shown and the word was not in a sentence

Return to “— türkçeden (tr)”