Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[Duolingo] Comparison between trees 4.0 & 5.0

Moderator: Explorer

Explorer
Portugal

[Duolingo] Comparison between trees 4.0 & 5.0

Post by Explorer »

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

chloekearn5

new japanese tree?

Post by chloekearn5 »

i recently (a few weeks ago) reset my progress in the japanese tree since i was very out of practice and confused with the lessons; i got a completely different tree to the old one and instead of the lessons called hiragana 1,2,3 etc i now have basics 1, 2, numbers 1 etc...

i was happy with the change and just assumed there had been an update until i have now just completed the first unit at all 5 crowns and moved on to unit 2 and it has such a huge jump of difficulty! the other unit was not too challenging once you practice it a bit and this new unit introduces kanji without a word of explaination and katakana in the same lesson...

is there a way to revert to the old tree? i dont really know how to make progress when each skill is so much more challenging than the previous now...

NATIVE: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇫🇷 Image 🇯🇵

Explorer
Portugal

Re: new japanese tree?

Post by Explorer »

chloekearn5 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:51 pm

is there a way to revert to the old tree? i dont really know how to make progress when each skill is so much more challenging than the previous now...

Hi, I'm afraid once your tree has been upgraded you cannot revert to the previous version. I restarted the course a few weeks ago but I'm still stuck on version 4.0.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Madame Sensei
Japan

Re: new japanese tree?

Post by Madame Sensei »

chloekearn5 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:51 pm

i recently (a few weeks ago) reset my progress in the japanese tree since i was very out of practice and confused with the lessons; i got a completely different tree to the old one and instead of the lessons called hiragana 1,2,3 etc i now have basics 1, 2, numbers 1 etc...

i was happy with the change and just assumed there had been an update until i have now just completed the first unit at all 5 crowns and moved on to unit 2 and it has such a huge jump of difficulty! the other unit was not too challenging once you practice it a bit and this new unit introduces kanji without a word of explaination and katakana in the same lesson...

Post your questions here when you have them. I am also working on aligning the tree to my classes, because you are right, there are a lot of gaps.
Hope these videos will help you. I'll put more up during Spring Break.

jzsuzsi

Re: [Duolingo] Comparison between trees 4.0 & 5.0

Post by jzsuzsi »

Tree 5: 10+10+11+19+20+20+28+25+26 = 169 skills

Return to “Resources”