Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Options for improving the learning process

Amlir
Russia

Options for improving the learning process

Post by Amlir »

Actually, the essence of the topic lies in the title. Here is an option from me, feel free to suggest your own -

https://babadum.com/

In addition, I regularly use these videos during lessons). Maybe this will also help someone, on a quiet sound. If you add music at the same volume, you can get a pretty cozy radio effect).

Last edited by Amlir on Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
EranBarLev
Israel

Re: Options for improving the learning process)

Post by EranBarLev »

I hate the rain and thunders spook me, so that doesn't work for me. I did find another very useful resource on Youtube: There's a Youtube channel of old Russian songs translated to Hebrew. <3 They are still way to difficult for my current level though.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

EranBarLev wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:04 am

I hate the rain and thunders spook me, so that doesn't work for me. I did find another very useful resource on Youtube: There's a Youtube channel of old Russian songs translated to Hebrew. <3 They are still way to difficult for my current level though.

Oh, and I have the opposite ;) . I am always glad to hear thunder and rain, and surf waves).
This song you posted, is sung here with a pretty strong accent, I'm just noticing, if you don't know). And some letters were not pronounced there.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Amlir wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:24 am

This song you posted, is sung here with a pretty strong accent, I'm just noticing, if you don't know). And some letters were not pronounced there.

What accent does he have? I can't distinguish between different accents in Russian.

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

EranBarLev wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:32 am

What accent does he have? I can't distinguish between different accents in Russian.

That's what the song was in the cartoon originally).

Accent...perhaps, since the video has subtitles in hebrew, the song could have been sung by the owner of this language?. Or maybe odessan.

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

EranBarLev wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:32 am

I can't distinguish between different accents in Russian.

It doesn't come out very well. Your version is sung with an accent, and the original is muffled and not clearly audible...)

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Amlir wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:48 am

Accent...perhaps, since the video has subtitles in hebrew, the song could have been sung by the owner of this language?. Or maybe odessan.

The singer doesn't have a Hebrew accent. He did immigrate to Israel from the Soviet Union, but I don't know from which part of it.

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

EranBarLev wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:07 am

but I don't know from which part of it.

In any case, it seems problematic to me, to learn a language, if the song is with an accent). Although it is worth noting, that it is clearly audible.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Amlir wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:18 am

In any case, it seems problematic to me, to learn a language, if the song is with an accent). Although it is worth noting, that it is clearly audible.

But that channel has more songs with other singers too. That is the only song by that singer. For example I suppose that I can count on Liudmila Zykina's accent since she was born in Moscow.

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

EranBarLev wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:50 pm

But that channel has more songs with other singers too. That is the only song by that singer. For example I suppose that I can count on Liudmila Zykina's accent since she was born in Moscow.

This will do, yes. Although both songs are quite old. The language of those times and today has a difference, approximately like british and american english. But this is not critical).

Return to “Russian”