Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Conversational practice...

Amlir
Russia

Conversational practice...

Post by Amlir »

After mastering the theoretical aspects of the language, many people have problems with the practical, namely the conversational part. Both on the last forum and in my life, I met a lot of people, who were looking for a place, where they could get such a practice, they were given advice, recommended various sites for communicating, with those, for whom the language being studied is their native language, someone offered communication in discord, etc.

And it seems to me that the spoken language is best learned when there are common tasks. Let's say we take two people, both speak different languages, but learn each other's language. These two people need to go some way, solve some tasks that require joint work. That is, they Need to understand each other in order to move on. I was thinking about which online games are suitable for this, so that they cannot be passed intuitively, and communication would be a necessity. Here are some ideas:

1. You can come up with a task yourself, say, to build something in Minecraft, let's say a coffin for a drowned forum), in the process of work, you will need to agree on: who will undertake what and actually, what and how best to build.
2. You can go through some kind of story game, like Divinity Sin, but, as a rule, few of them are incomprehensible on an intuitive level. There are only a few projects that really require communication.
3. There are many games that do not require communication, but you can still try them, for example, Borderlands, PayDay or Worms.
4. Or you can start with some mmorpg.... or....start playing tanks. You can go through the branch together...I already feel guilty for this particular advice (who understands, he will understand)).

People, learning a language, are often overcome by shyness, the stump is clear, you want to be original, show a sense of humor, but until you speak fluently, you, will most likely, say some unfinished joke, stopping at a forgotten word. For those who know the language, such an interlocutor, as a child, it is difficult to talk to them about something really interesting. It seems to me that a common task would gradually solve such a problem). What do you think?.

Lee Austin
Germany

Re: Conversational practice...

Post by Lee Austin »

Thats hella smart, holy moly!

Image[/img][/img][/img][/img]

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

Lee Austin wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:24 am

I'm waiting for when it will be possible to create groups). There are still many aspects that require ordering: time zones, interests of participants, and so on.

Lee Austin
Germany

Post by Lee Austin »

Amlir wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:41 am
Lee Austin wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:24 am

I'm waiting for when it will be possible to create groups). There are still many aspects that require ordering: time zones, interests of participants, and so on.

Yeah but it is a great idea

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

By now you got joined here!

I agree that practicing is necessary and groups would be cool, even if I'm not far enough in my language learning yet.

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

IceVajal wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:51 pm

By now you got joined here!

I agree that practicing is necessary and groups would be cool, even if I'm not far enough in my language learning yet.

Are you playing something cooperative yourself?).

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

I can talk to a friend, so I can practice. We love the same music and started as pen pals in the '80s.
But I will join in practicing here, if I'm a bit further with my language learning. At least I can try to read and get an idea what you are talking about. ;)

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

IceVajal wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:39 pm

I can talk to a friend, so I can practice. We love the same music and started as pen pals in the '80s.
But I will join in practicing here, if I'm a bit further with my language learning. At least I can try to read and get an idea what you are talking about. ;)

That would be great. And let's not forget about those who could learn your language from you).

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

Sure, I can help with German, but I'm still a beginner try to reach A1 in Russian and Dutch. That's just the first step.

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

IceVajal wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:54 pm

Sure, I can help with German, but I'm still a beginner try to reach A1 in Russian and Dutch. That's just the first step.

Have you already had the experience of talking to someone who is just learning German?.

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

Nope. Not really at Busuu a bit, but that's it.

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

Lee Austin wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:49 am

IceVajal wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:41 pm

I think, we can start with something very simple. Let's say, we gather three people and launch a Minecraft server. let's build a coffin, for the deceased forum, with a ceremony, all the cases, everyone will speak out, tell a story and all that. And at the end, we will send the coffin sailing. And maybe we'll record it on video and post it here via YouTube.

Another option, is to try to play Among Us. But this game, is generally one continuous communication, it seems to me, that it will be difficult there, they communicate in quite detail.

No pressure, no requirements for special knowledge, but it's still worth starting with something).

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

I'm not into games at all. Sorry.

Lee Austin
Germany

Post by Lee Austin »

Amlir wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:10 am
Lee Austin wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:49 am

IceVajal wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:41 pm

I think, we can start with something very simple. Let's say, we gather three people and launch a Minecraft server. let's build a coffin, for the deceased forum, with a ceremony, all the cases, everyone will speak out, tell a story and all that. And at the end, we will send the coffin sailing. And maybe we'll record it on video and post it here via YouTube.

Another option, is to try to play Among Us. But this game, is generally one continuous communication, it seems to me, that it will be difficult there, they communicate in quite detail.

No pressure, no requirements for special knowledge, but it's still worth starting with something).

yes, that is a good idea

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

IceVajal wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:59 am

I'm not into games at all. Sorry.

Lee Austin wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:11 am

yes, that is a good idea

And how do you feel about TTRPG?.
Here's an example, if you don't know what it is. Scroll down to the videos. This part of the forum is in Russian, but the videos is not.
viewtopic.php?t=2817

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

In deed I never heard of it. I have just took a quick look, as it seems I going to the vet clinic now....

Return to “Russian”