Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Hiragana and Katakana

Moderator: Explorer

dakanga

Hiragana and Katakana

Post by dakanga »

Some notes on Hiragana.

Writing in "banana" orange, like: [ɯ] , is where the IPA symbol differs from "standard" Romaji.

. a i u e o
あ (a) い (i) う (u)ɯ え (e) お (o)
k か (ka) き (ki) く (ku) け (ke) こ (ko)
s さ (sa) し (shi)ɕi す (su) せ (se) そ (so)
t た (ta) ち (chi)tɕi つ (tsu)tsɯ て (te) と (to)
n な (na) に (ni) ぬ (nu) ね (ne) の (no)
h は (ha) ひ (hi)çi ふ (fu)ɸɯ へ (he) ほ (ho)
m ま (ma) み (mi) む (mu) め (me) も (mo)
y や (ya)ja ゆ (yu) よ (yo)jo
r ら (ra) り (ri) る (ru) れ (re) ろ (ro)
w わ (wa)ɰa を (o)
ん (n)

The letters highlighted in yellow are the ones you learn in the very first Hiragana skill on Duolingo.

Also if you click on them - they will play audio.

It is also highly recommended to check out Tips and Notes which can be accessed by the "light bulb" icon when you enter a skill. Also check out the excellent resource of https://duome.eu/tips/en/ja. It has the advantage of letting you read tips and notes, even if you have not unlocked that skill.

Citation: Audio is from: Abe, Namiko. "How to pronounce hiragana - Japanese Hiragana With Audio Files." ThoughtCo, Apr. 24, 2017, thoughtco.com/how-to-pronounce-hiragana-japanese-hiragana-with-audio-files-4077351.

Another reference I am creating is [guide]Japanese Resources.

Talking about Kanji

dakanga

Re: Hiragana

Post by dakanga »

dakanga

Re: Hiragana

Post by dakanga »

By DestinyCall : https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/3046 ... d=30467647
If you are interested in physical learning material, I highly recommend this book, available on Amazon and elsewhere:

It is designed for use by self-learners and has a huge bank of practice sentences to test your knowledge and gain skill reading hiragana. It also provides in-depth grammar explanations that you will not find easily on DuoLingo. Definitely worth the price.

4theAEsir
Great Britain

Re: Hiragana and Katakana

Post by 4theAEsir »

dakanga seriously I can't thank you enough, I think everyone who has joined the new forum owe you a massive thank you. You must be working really hard to make sure we all have the resources and help available to us. Well here is a big THANKS from me for all the Japanese, German and Klingon resources you have brought to this forum.

Learning :de::jp: Re-Learning Image

Today's mood is :?:

Return to “Language”