Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duome Progress page not updating

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

GrahamW
Canada

Duome Progress page not updating

Post by GrahamW »

Every now and then, my duome progress page doesn't update for a few hours, and shows cached data instead.. However, it's now been over 36 hours since it updated. I thought it might be a caching problem at my end, but I've tried different browsers and different devices. I've also tried the usernames of others, and yet every time, the data shown on the progress page is out of date. When I look at my Extended User Profile, the data there is up-to-date. Are others seeing this? Is there some technical problem?

🇨🇦 > :it: :fr: :es: Image :de: Image 🇬🇷 :brazil: 🇨🇳

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Re: Duome Progress page not updating

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

I have also noticed this and would like to know what the problem is

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Are you guys by any chance private on Duolingo? Sometimes becoming public for a little while gives Duome the information it needs to update. I'm sure it will update soon!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

MagyarJános
Hungary

Post by MagyarJános »

Nope, I am public. The issue started on March 16.
According to my Duome profile, I had 55171 XP. We are now in the fourth day after that and I am now at 55815 XP.
Hungarian is not an easy language, but I have been at it long enough to get through more lessons than I used to, so I guess that is good! ;)

eI000yo

Post by eI000yo »

21.02.2022 · Cached data (yet again)

It keeps happening every now and then: I get a "too many requests" error from duolingo servers so I have to force the cached mode until everything gets back to normal. It can be a few minutes or a few hours but it's getting more and more obvious that with ever increasing number of usernames I will have to re-think the update strategy to exclude SEO bots (I never tried to please them anyway) and update only those usernames for those users who do use duome "actively" for their studies. There may be a one-time request, maybe a button that you will have to click once to confirm that you need your username to be updated on a regular basis and/or (maybe) you may have to login with Facebook once to click that button. It doesn't have to be your own Facebook account and you may ask your friend to click that button for you, or you can do it yourself for all of your friends who use duome, if you're not alone. I just need to make sure that these particular usernames need to be on a "priority" update cycle.

If you're fine with logging in with Facebook (or Yandex - for duome fans from Russia), your data would be updated on every click as long as you're logged in.

Source: https://duome.eu/blog

duome

Post by duome »

This time it has been longer than usual. The last successful update I've seen was on March 19, early morning.

There may be some hourly/daily/weekly limits and if we hit those limits it's becoming a problem.
Sadly I don't know the numbers, otherwise I could make adjustments accordingly.

Daniel589120

Post by Daniel589120 »

My progress page hasn't even loaded for several days!

--> https://duome.eu/Daniel589120/progress

I use the stats there to navigate the French tree, I don't need the most recent update, just access to the stats of the French tree as I navigate the course when I practice.

Is this what you mean by "not updating"?

Daniel589120

Post by Daniel589120 »

My progress page is back up again!

If you were able to fix this Duome, thank you!

Maybe in the future you could add a reset button to the page in case this happens again.

As more people move over here from Duo they would be gang posting that their progress page is blank all at the same time if this happens to a large group of people at once!

MagyarJános
Hungary

Post by MagyarJános »

Mine is also updating.
The time change really messed things up, but it wasn't the cause of this. It happened three days later.

GrahamW
Canada

Post by GrahamW »

I'm back up and running again too now, thanks to whoever made this happen.

🇨🇦 > :it: :fr: :es: Image :de: Image 🇬🇷 :brazil: 🇨🇳

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

eI000yo wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:55 am

21.02.2022 · Cached data (yet again)

It keeps happening every now and then: I get a "too many requests" error from duolingo servers so I have to force the cached mode until everything gets back to normal. It can be a few minutes or a few hours but it's getting more and more obvious that with ever increasing number of usernames I will have to re-think the update strategy to exclude SEO bots (I never tried to please them anyway) and update only those usernames for those users who do use duome "actively" for their studies. There may be a one-time request, maybe a button that you will have to click once to confirm that you need your username to be updated on a regular basis and/or (maybe) you may have to login with Facebook once to click that button. It doesn't have to be your own Facebook account and you may ask your friend to click that button for you, or you can do it yourself for all of your friends who use duome, if you're not alone. I just need to make sure that these particular usernames need to be on a "priority" update cycle.

If you're fine with logging in with Facebook (or Yandex - for duome fans from Russia), your data would be updated on every click as long as you're logged in.

Source: https://duome.eu/blog

Don't use Facebook. What's Yandex? Is it as snoopy as Facebook? I guess this friend workaround thing might work for me, don't know. The slower batch gets updated too, right, just not as quickly?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Daniel589120

Post by Daniel589120 »

What's Yandex?

Yandex is multi-platform browser that is associated with the Yandex (Yet Another iNDEX ) search engine. It is sort of the Chrome to the Google search engine.

It originates in Russia and the search engine will prioritize Russian sites.

The browser itself can operate completely in Russian and could be useful for those learning the language, I have it loaded on my system and will occasionally use it to see what is happening (or what the Russians are allowed to see) on the other side of the world.

What's funny is that Russians universally believe that Americans only watch news and information sources that distort the news and present "fake" news, when they universally are subjected to the same types of "disinformation"!

Are the Russian authorities monitoring this, probably.

Does it matter to a non-Russian user, probably not, especially if you are not trafficking in classified or defense related information on the search engine.

If you are interested in using a secure browser/search engine setup I understand that there exists something called the Brave browser with an associated search engine, but I have never tried it, and have only heard about it.

There are some engines that don't track your search queries like Qwant or Duck Duck Go.

But if I want to have a truly secure search experience, I simply boot one of my computers from the TAILS operating system off of a USB drive and use the associated TOR browser that is packaged with the OS.

bookrabbit
Great Britain

Post by bookrabbit »

My page only updates every day or so it is very annoying and has been like this for years Before that it would update everytime I refreshed the page. Languages don't show progress unless they happen to have been the one I was logged into when the cache was made.
I would really like this to go back to being the useful resource it once was but as it doesn't update I use it than less than I did.
I am not on Facebook or Yandex so those instructions don't help. I am rather a recluse so I have no friends to ask to do it either.
How about asking here? Here I am asking...

Language Hopper
maybe if I learn enough languages I will be able to understand people

MatOzone
Catalonia

Post by MatOzone »

bookrabbit wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:18 pm

My page only updates every day or so it is very annoying and has been like this for years

Hello, bookrabbit, very nice to meet you here, a warm welcome!!!

We need your posts!

Don't worry too much about duome not updating... it happens, as fas as I know, to everyone, and it seems to be a "Duolingo fault" (there are many requests coming from duome, and they block them, or something similar, but I can be wrong!). Also it can happen that time to time your profile appair "ghost", like the "machine-users" TopCrownStandard / Polymorphism / etc.

I fully support 🇺🇦!

NATIVE: ImageㅤAlso: Image Image Image ... and some others... Duolingo Course Data.

bookrabbit
Great Britain

Post by bookrabbit »

Hello:)

I have never seen myself blanked out like the machine like accounts. I don't often score enough points to be suspicious although I had a much higher run for a month or so after downloading the app as I was enjoying the new features. But I have slowed down again now because Greek doesn't stand for rushing. That new tree is quite heavy going. But interesting.

I wouldn't mind it occasionally not updating but now it never updates to what I am currently working on, it always lags by days or at best hours.

Language Hopper

bookrabbit
Great Britain

Post by bookrabbit »

Was I heard? My page updated when I refreshed it! Yay! Thanks:)

My Portuguese tree now has its proper red circle to match all the others at the top of the list. This is ridiculously satisfying. We humans are such bizarre creatures n'est-ce pas?

Language Hopper

duome

Post by duome »

bookrabbit wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:23 pm

This is ridiculously satisfying. We humans are such bizarre creatures n'est-ce pas?

Finn
Philippines

Post by Finn »

For me, all my stats seem to be updating except for the Lessons stat. It's stuck at 195/284, even though my crowns get updated and the Skills tab is up-to-date. It's a pretty big inconvenience for me because I'm only looking at my Duome stat page to find out how many lessons I have left until my golden owl and then divide that number up to try and do a regular number of lessons a day.

duome

Post by duome »

You level up your skills all the way to legendary level while you only need L1 for all of your skills to get a golden owl - there are 89 lessons in 26 skills that you never did - is this so? Can you please do a lesson in "Travel 2" for instance and see if your lesson count increases?

Finn
Philippines

Post by Finn »

duome wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:04 pm

You level up your skills all the way to legendary level while you only need L1 for all of your skills to get a golden owl - there are 89 lessons in 26 skills that you never did - is this so? Can you please do a lesson in "Travel 2" for instance and see if your lesson count increases?

Oh wow, thanks for the super quick reply! I just saw this now...

Yeah, I came back here to say that I found out that you only need to earn one crown in each skill for the golden owl. I thought you needed to achieve all golden skills to get it. Sorry about that. I'm doing Duolingo's hovering approach rather than going straight for all the level one crowns.

Sherry
United States of America

Post by Sherry »

I cannot access my progress page at all. My account has always been public, so what's wrong?

duome

Post by duome »

Sherry, I just checked and I do see your progress page. What exactly do you see when you try it?

Sherry
United States of America

Post by Sherry »

I see a notice that says I don't have any XP points. But that's false. I've changed my username, so I've tried all three of my usernames. Once, I get someone else's progress report (a man's), and the other two times I just get a notice of no XP points.

Sherry
United States of America

Post by Sherry »

Can you give me the link for my own page? And my privacy settings are set to public, so that's not it.

Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (31.09 KiB) Viewed 7052 times
FurbyZeKat
Switzerland

Post by FurbyZeKat »

My progress page now has an error. The original profile (which is not anymore visible nor editable from Duolingo) contains quotes that break the SQL statement because they are probably not escaped.

Code: Select all

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ai la cinquantaine

https://duome.eu/furbyzekat

N French C1 English B2 German B1 Esperanto L Turkish

duome

Post by duome »

FurbyZeKat wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 pm

My progress page now has an error.

Désolée :oops:
Should be ok now, but please tell me if something goes wrong again...

Sherry
United States of America

Post by Sherry »

Desolee, can you fix mine?

duome

Post by duome »

Sherry wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:40 am

can you fix mine?

This one is associated with your email address at the moment: https://duome.eu/Dr.Sherry2
If there's another one - I need to know the username in question to be able to help (hopefully).

eifossofieBE
Belgium

Post by eifossofieBE »

Corinnebelle wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:30 am

Are you guys by any chance private on Duolingo? Sometimes becoming public for a little while gives Duome the information it needs to update. I'm sure it will update soon!

This saved my cached data issue. Had been cached since 18-01-2022, so really couldn't be a "caching again" issue. Making myself public for 5 seconds solved the issue. Now I can see my Russian level ;-). Turned it private after updating my page on duome. Happy to have discovered how I can solve this! A Million Thanks @Corinnebelle ! :)

duome

Post by duome »

[mention]eifossofieBE[/mention] , is your page private right now?

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”