Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Enormous List of (Mostly Free) Language-Learning Resources

Subforums: Achievements · Random Thoughts · Discussions
I'm learning... select your target language from this list

Moderator: Basler Biker

01tmJ8kb

Enormous List of (Mostly Free) Language-Learning Resources

Post by 01tmJ8kb »

A list of useful links provided on the Duolingo forum by user noneofyour769259.
Archived at https://archive.ph/RCOAL

=========================

Here are some (mostly free) language-learning resources that I've compiled, from the forums and elsewhere. Since the forums are closing soon, I figured I'd share them here while I still could. Copy and paste these somewhere safe.

Flashcards:

Personally, I use Quizlet for vocab (because of the voice-to-text engines) and Brainscape (because of the spaced repetition) for grammar.

Digital Dictionaries:

Speaking:

Ear-Eye Training:

• Songs/lyrics in other languages: International Lyrics Playground - Song Lyrics From Around The World. Foreign Language Lyrics, Christmas and Holiday Lyrics!

• You can also try listening to audiobooks, podcasts, etc. while reading their texts/transcripts at the same time. (See 'Listening.')

• Easy Languages: YouTube channel where people go out onto the streets and interview native speakers in their languages. Fantastic for immersion, ear-eye training (there are captions in both English and the target language), and learning about culture. I highly recommend this resource for learners of all levels, even absolute beginners—it's important to start immersing yourself as often and early as possible. It can be a little overwhelming at first, but it's fun and you learn so fast!

Reading:

Listening:

Games:

Misc.:

Hope this helps. :)

===============================

:gb: N :de: A1 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 A1 :fr: A1

eI000yo

Re: Enormous List of (Mostly Free) Language-Learning Resources

Post by eI000yo »

01tmJ8kb wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:36 pm

…such as voice-to-text engines that let users hear words in their target language when they click on an icon. That way, they can memorize how the word sounds, not just how it looks in text—a huge plus for listening and ear-eye training (learning to associate letters in a target language with sounds) practice.

Voice to text or speech to text or speech recognition is another tool. It is used to dictate, for example.
It is a very useful tool to practice your pronunciation. I use a Google account. I create a new document and I use the microphone. Very simple.

You mean text to voice. I use the Read Aloud extension in Firefox and Chrome/Chromium. You can set the speed and other settings.
LingQ has a very large library in many languages and also uses a reader .

Return to “I speak English”