Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

word Count won't increase

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

nami
Indonesia

word Count won't increase

Post by nami »

my word count on duome won't increase (stuck at 407), how to fix this?

duome

Re: word Count won't increase

Post by duome »

Is it ok now?

nami
Indonesia

Post by nami »

it is fixed thanks

Last edited by nami on Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Runner bean
Great Britain

Post by Runner bean »

My scholar word count has been stuck on 536/750 for ages. Can you help or is there anything I can do?

Thanks for help😊

duome

Post by duome »

Runner bean wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:44 pm

Can you help or is there anything I can do?

Username?)

Sue
Canada

Post by Sue »

I have the same issue. My scholar word count has been stuck at 656/750 for ages. Can admins help me please?

duome

Post by duome »

[mention]Runner bean[/mention], [mention]Sue[/mention], I can't remember it well now, but there was something going on back then - there were more people reporting similar issues. Anyway, your stats seem to be ok now. Thanks for reporting...

TGj3o2
Great Britain

Post by TGj3o2 »

Same problem here with my Indonesian course

duome

Post by duome »

@TGj3o2, what do you see and what do you expect to see?

aiai222

Post by aiai222 »

Sorry to revive this thread, but my word count has been stuck on 1679 for a couple months now. How can this be fixed?

TimN
United States of America

Post by TimN »

I’ve had same problem been stuck on 1738 words since November despite doing >1000 XP (mostly new lesson but some practice ~ I.e. reviewing mistakes) I’ve posted/sent messages to Duolingo via site but no response. Not the end of the world but have completed all the other challenges so would be nice if this updated …

LeGeekQc

Post by LeGeekQc »

I'm also stuck at 656 words in Hindi course. Can it be fixed?

Blau
Hungary

Post by Blau »

My word count and progress is stuck on duome, could you fix it please? Username: Sev735, doing spanish course currently

duome

Post by duome »

What do you see and what do you expect it to be? So that I could tell why...

shtoosi

Post by shtoosi »

Same problem. Stuck at 1474 for months!
By the way, I am pleased to see how members have had their problem fixed just by posting here. I hope I'm next. :-)

duome

Post by duome »

I just checked: 1474 comes from Duolingo, this is the word count they have for you at the moment. It may well be that they don't update these numbers anymore.

shtoosi

Post by shtoosi »

How do I find out if they have stopped updating or not? There is no way to reach them. They still have the 1500 new word achievement badge available in my account, but there is no way I will be able to achieve it since my word count has not been updating for months. (Should I really care about that little achievement emblem? )

Do you know of any way to get through to someone at Duolingo?
Thanks.

Gentianopsis
Czech Republic

Post by Gentianopsis »

@shtoosi Maybe this problem is somehow related to the Snake (the Path). Although I had my English from Czech language course made all up to Legendary in the new Duolingo Snake design, my word count was almost 800 words below the total word count for this language and did not go up regardless how many times I practiced already legendary lessons. When I used @kyleyu 's method with Fiddler viewtopic.php?t=19626-how-to-restore-du ... till-works and restored back the Duolingo Tree for myself, going through the skills made my word count go up and reach the total word count for this course. (Might be different now, because it was before Duolingo cut off skill practice and checkpoint links recently.)
The other possible reason of this problem might be splitting Duolingo students into various test groups (different course versions etc.) and keeping user's data up-to-date only for members of one of the groups (and re-calculating the data for the other users after the test is finished, which usually takes at least months).

rubies_n_musik_15

Post by rubies_n_musik_15 »

Hi I have the same problem, I don't know if it should be like that or not, but it has been stuck on 502 for a while.

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

At a wild guess here, I think it may be due to the updates that Duolingo is working towards to standardize all the courses to conform to CEFR standards.

And to do this also by classifying all the units into a series of standardized Sections. And has meant recently they have removed the word counting, as well as the word lists that have been previously available to Educators through Duolingo schools.

Yet in my research so far in the learning French for English course they have not largly removed content, but how the interface is presented. I have not yet picked up removal of any content from that course, but I am still researching this. Perhaps there is a heritage design challenge they have faced and at this stage has led them to remove features such as the word count, and for Educators has meant as well the word lists there.

In my case, at the moment all I can see I can do is hope they will return features like this in future developments.
If anyone notices any statements made by Duolingo on this issue, I would appreciate it if you also share it here.

Sometimes statements like this are picked up in the past on https://www.reddit.com/r/duolingo/ , or through the https://blog.duolingo.com/ , or an interview with C.E.O. or significant team leader, and shared on public media.

This though is just speculation on my behalf.

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

As for updates, this morning I have just had a new section added to the end of my French from knowing English course.

being :
Section 9: Daily Refresh

I just thought people following this thread may have been interested in knowing this.

For those interested in the current structure of that course you can check out :

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bfd ... sp=sharing
this is a document that I have just recently created and is in early development, to help track what is happening with the course.

Thank you for your patience as that document is stabalized.

NORBS
Hungary

Post by NORBS »

Hi,
My word count on duolingo won't increase (stuck at 1353), how to fix this?
HUN ENG 3585
VIE ENG 110
ESP ENG 14
HUN GER 73
ENG KOR 0
ENG GER 0
ENG JAP 27
ENG HUN 2360
ENG VIET 408
ENG RUS 492
ENG GRE 82

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

@NORBS From the "skuttle bug" heard from Duolingo, they have currently removed both word lists (that where available to the Educators community)
Yet drawing assumptions - that are not confirmed (as yet ? if it ever will ... ?) this is highly likely that this has also affected, been a cause for the removal of the learners word count as well.

You could try pushing Duolingo for a direct response - or perhaps some sort of "announcement" if we are lucky enough to have it delivered, and if we as a community are lucky enough to pick it up - by :

1. writing directly to Duolingo by email at :
    https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/s ... ing-Issues
    and to pay attention to the page :
    https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/a ... ort-a-bug-

2. Keep complaining about it - especially on more "public / watched / perhaps perceived more important global forums than this one".
    i.e.
    https://www.facebook.com/duolingo/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/duolingo/
    https://www.instagram.com/duolingo/

In doing this, also feel free to point back to an appropriate discussion on duome.eu - as this will also help this community to .... lets say to be relevant.
    As a heads up - if you could do that about any issue, advice, passing comment. If you could help make people aware of this site.
    This community would welcome it.

3. Do all of the above, and encourage others to as well. Also try to explain why this is important for you. Such as for your motivation, engagement, quality of learning, a meaningful piece of information that encourages your real learning, encourages you to review and learn about how words are used in different ways, ....
    can people brainstorm some other reasons ? And then also share them here - as suggestions, thought points for others.

4. Do others have other ideas ?

Insieme - together

a globally diverse, inclusive and motivated community passionate about learning

Fluffy-bean
Germany

Post by Fluffy-bean »

Hey, my word count is also stuck at 833. How can it be fixed?

CafeaulaitDrinker
Japan

Post by CafeaulaitDrinker »

I'm in the same situation. My Scholar achievement seems to be stucked at 1133/1500 on Level 9, though learning it won't count up somehow.
Duo's username is YunNMA. I need help.

Rick
Netherlands

Post by Rick »

My scholar word count is stuck at 760/1000 for weeks at end, while I learned lots and lots of new words. How can I fix this?

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”