Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Він не любить яйця, а ти не любиш вареники. (en → uk) Topic is solved

Moderator: HeyMarlana

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Re: Він не любить яйця, а ти не любиш вареники. (en → uk)

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

@Davey944676, dziękuję! Myślę sobie, że jesteś znawcą i smakoszem różnych wędlin.

Ciekawa jestem, czy lubisz kaszankę?
U nas robi się kaszankę z kaszą; jęczmienną, jaglaną i gryczaną.

Ja lubię kaszankę z kaszą gryczaną, bo jest zdrowa i naprawdę smaczna, po prostu "palce lizać"! 😋
Latem, często jem tę kaszankę z ogniska (nie dosłownie), bo jest smażona na specjalnym metalowym sicie, a pod spodem pali się ogień. hehe 🙂

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

Cześć @Dana_Dany Danuta !

Nie wiem, czy lubię smak kaszanki, bo nigdy jej nie próbowałem - ale myślę, że musi być bardzo pożywna. Właśnie sobie przypomniałem, że mamy też walijską kiełbasę serową o nazwie "Glamorgan sausage". Przyrządza się go z serem, porem i bułką tartą. 😋

English...
I don't know if I like the taste of black pudding, because I've never tried ir - but I think it must be very nutritious. I just remembered that we also have a Welsh cheese sausage called "Glamorgan sausage". It is made with cheese, leeks and breadcrumbs. 😋

(Glamorgan is a county of Wales) :)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

Enzfj2
Ukraine

Post by Enzfj2 »

@Dana_Dany Danuta , @Davey944676
Z myślą o tych, kto nie czyta po polsku, piszę po angielsku, chociaż po polsku było by mi łatwiej.

In Ukraine, we have two basic kinds of sausage still made at home (countryside, of course), usually after slaughtering a pig.
Кров'янка, or, colloquially, кишка is very similar to Polish kaszanka; I've never tried British black pudding or German Blutwurst, so cannot say about them. The kinds of кров'янка I ate were with buckwheat (гречка) or without any grain. Perhaps in Western regions they can make it Polish style, with barley or millet, — again, never tried such in Ukraine (but did in Poland). It can have, especially when without grain, small cubes of pork fat (сало), cheese (harder kind, generic Polish ser żółty; for older people, who remember communist era, голандський сир — as a generic name), tongue or, very rarely, other meat. Many varieties are available at supermarkets or farmers' markets. Normally it is fried before eating.
Wikipedia says that Glamorgan sausage is a vegetarian food, which is definitely not the case with кров'янка/kaszanka, perhaps it's closer to some kinds of Jewish kishka.
Домашня ковбаса — homemade sausage — doesn't have any special name, just this one. Thinner pork intestines are tightly filled with cubes of meat and fat, then baked. Previously, for keeping it without a fridge, it was placed in jars and the fat melted during the baking (смалець) was poured over to fully cover it. Now it's also available industrial or farmers' made. For eating, it is cut into 2-3 cm chunks and fried.

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Hello everyone,

In Poland, we have kiełbaski swojskie homely sausages, the kind from the farmer. They are very tasty - you can smell a lot of garlic and pepper in them. They are smoked with a natural fruit tree and therefore have a very nice smell and color!

Black pudding - kaszanka from the farmer is also much tastier than the one from the store.
In the past, just like in Ukraine, when there were no refrigerators, the sausage was poured with hot lard in stone pots or jars, and after the fat had solidified, it was taken to a cold cellar.
I know this from my parents stories and I have to admit that it was a good way, because such a sausage kept very well for a long time!

I like too Silesian krupnioki. ~ Krupnioki śląskie.

One of the staples of traditional Polish cuisine, krupnioki śląskie is a blood sausage made with smoked pork, pig's blood, and buckwheat, combined with salt, pepper, allspice, onions, garlic, and marjoram. The origins of this prized Silesian delicacy can be traced back to the late 18th century.

Once enjoyed only on special occasions, the krupnioki blood sausages are nowadays available throughout the year. They are traditionally served hot, accompanied by bread, mustard, pickled vegetables, and a glass of strong Polish beer.

.... a little curiosity... 😏 ;)

What is the difference between krupniok and black pudding?

Krupnioki śląskie differ from Kaszanki and other similar products in the content of ingredients of animal origin, which is as much as 85% (in other products in this category, the share is 75-80%).

.... learn Polish 🙂

Kaszanka z Grilla po Staropolsku -KuchniaKwasiora

Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

Looks delicious, but a bit unnecessarily wasteful wrapping each little portion up in paper and foil while it cooks! ;)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Davey, bo to jest naprawdę pyszne i zdrowe! 🙂😋

I'll tell you that for her own health, she wouldn't regret this parchment, because it protects us from absorbing aluminum into our body!

So now remember not to wrap any food items directly in aluminum foil!

Recent research by scientists has confirmed that the use of aluminum foil for food preparation and its heating contributes to many diseases. As it turns out, aluminum accumulates in the bones and brain, resulting in an increased risk of Alzheimer's disease and osteoporosis.

This substance, after penetrating our brain, causes memory and cognitive functions disorders and accelerates the appearance of dementia, which is irreversible!

Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

Danuta, but you see my point? It would be better to not use so much aluminium foil in the first place by cooking each little portion separately - why not cook the food all together (using less surface area of foil/parchment) and then separate it onto plates, or leaves, or whatever? :)

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Cześć, @Davey944676!

.... to, że on zużywał duże kawałki folii aluminiowej, też mi się rzuciło w oczy, ale większość mężczyzn tak właśnie robi ( po prostu nie potrafią oszczędzać i są bardziej rozrzutni, niż my kobiety, albo brakuje im wyobraźni) he he he! :)

U nas zazwyczaj robi się takie porcje dla każdej osoby. Powiem Ci, że takie mniejsze porcje szybciej się smażą i lepiej je obracać, aby się dobrze upiekły!

Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

@Dana_Dany Danuta , to bardzo seksistowski komentarz! ;)

Jestem mężczyzną i nienawidzę marnować czegokolwiek. W rzeczywistości wyrzucanie czegokolwiek jest dla mnie bolesne! :shock: Cóż, poza czasem i pieniędzmi...Czasami nie mam nic przeciwko marnowaniu czasu i pieniędzy! hehe 8-)

Return to “Ukrainian”