Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duolingo in maintenance mode Topic is solved

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

gmads
Mexico

Duolingo in maintenance mode

Post by gmads »

maintenance.png
maintenance.png (41 KiB) Viewed 3209 times

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Corinnebelle

Re: Duolingo in maintenance mode

Post by Corinnebelle »

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

uralicnomad
Hungary

Post by uralicnomad »

Hope you weren't mid way through a lesson. I hate when that happens.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

uralicnomad wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:08 am

I was :D

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

gmads wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:53 pm
uralicnomad wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:08 am

I was :D

Ouch! :(

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

There we go again...

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

uralicnomad
Hungary

Post by uralicnomad »

SweNedGuy wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:09 pm

There we go again...

it's back up :)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Still wonky!

Michailo
Ukraine

Post by Michailo »

I still can't see my profile in the app. I have to log in to the website to see my profile. It started on Thursday or Friday last week.

Michailo
Ukraine

Post by Michailo »

Profiles back now.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

I'm glad the profile thing was a general issue and it's working again on the old Android V5.52.5 app (old tree).

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Dovili22
United States of America

Post by Dovili22 »

Hello everyone!
I was almost finishing another lesson. When it happened. But I still motivated to continue studying.

D o r a

uralicnomad
Hungary

Post by uralicnomad »

They've added another 20 units to the Hungarian course since I last logged in, so I'm guessing there's a few languages that got a rebirth during the last maintenance break.

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hello everyone! 🙂

My profile in the application on the phone, like yours, did not work and I had to go to the computer to check anything.

So on June 12, I sent a report to Duolingo about the problem and asked for it to be fixed. Immediately from DL I received a thank you for sending the report.
I was very happy when I was able to reopen my profile in my app. ☺️

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

There is a new issue with the old Android app from last year (tree design).

Sent a new bug report: High priority: Server code is broken since 06/15/2023 - Android old app "Pick a goal" popup screen is corrupted and doesn't go away

Reference code: 6329709

Could be related to the two quick fixes from 13. and 14. June 2023 from status.duolingo.com.
Hopefully they can fix the server side so the Android API call is not broken as it is right now.
Can't use the app anymore for the tree - I'm in an endless loop to set a daily goal and can't get to the Home/Learn page.
I wrote a quite long text about the symptom in the submitted ticket for the old Android app and asked for further debug help.

If no hotfix is possible I will probably write a summary about the technical issue next week.

Guess I will have to use the www.duolingo.com/practice Web portal to save my streak.

It is probably related to the user profile issue on Android the days before.
Anyway, things got changed which were working before just fine.
Reason: New comic avatars for the user profile, if I shall guess.
New Android app version might have changed something with the daily goal??

Q: Does it work for you on the newer app versions?

Really hope staff can hotfix the server side and are willing to get the old Android app running again.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Very good news, staff managed to fix the server side on Friday 16. June about 23:40 o'clock (Gmt+1) so now the old Android app can correctly set the daily goal via Api call and isn't stuck in an endless loop showing the "Pick a daily goal" dialogue.
It's working again.

Honestly, I'm very positively surprised how quickly they've been working on that issue which I reported only about 23 hours ago.

Ein kleiner Lichtblick...

Wow, such a relief that my very long bug report detail subscription was helpful to them and not written last night for the bin.

Thank you Duolingo Inc. for letting me continue with the two above mentioned volunteer courses on the old great tree design.

Hmm, now I'm a bit in a dilemma as I asked for a PayPal donation address and said I would make some payment (below Super price) this summer for offering their help :-)

Q: Who is on board with that? What do you think?

Almost thought they had killed the old Android app version by intent :-)

Puh, bin echt erleichtert dass sich das so schnell aufgeklärt hat und der Server Code wieder kompatibel ist.

Danke nochmal dem heldenhaften Entwickler in Pittsburgh!

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:44 pm

Hmm, now I'm a bit in a dilemma as I asked for a PayPal donation address and said I would make some payment (below Super price) this summer for offering their help :-)

That's quite a nice idea. I am in a sort of similar dilemma too. Over the last year Duolingo courses helped me significanlty improve speaking skills in my target languages, I had a chance to verify that in real life. Yet all the courses I do are on the old path, they already existed when I joined. I learn on an old App; I use hardly any features that have been developed during the last 12 months or so and I can't stand the path. So paying a subscription would mean giving money for the development of features I neither need nor want and for the gradual destruction of the old system. A donation (for the purpose of maintaining the old system) might be a viable alternative to express gratitude.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Duolingo is down!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Up again!

Return to “Duolingo”