Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

i cant verify my duolingo account

Tips and tricks ...

mimivg
Ecuador

i cant verify my duolingo account

Post by mimivg »

when i click the button to send the email to verify my account i just cant
i cant get the email to verify my account
btw i refresh a bunch of times
i sent this to the duo support team and said i couldnt verify my account, but the did nothing at all
help me forums :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Im an autistic individual (Asperger) who wants to learn portuguese and go to Sao Paulo, I speak spanish as mi native language and english as my heritage language, Im an ally of the lgtb+.

fremanolas

Re: i cant verify my duolingo account

Post by fremanolas »

Did you look into your spam folder?

EN :de: :netherlands: :sweden: :es: :fr: :norway: :taiwan:

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

Try tweeting at them. They seem to respond to tweets.

mimivg
Ecuador

Post by mimivg »

fremanolas wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:47 pm

Did you look into your spam folder?

of course

Im an autistic individual (Asperger) who wants to learn portuguese and go to Sao Paulo, I speak spanish as mi native language and english as my heritage language, Im an ally of the lgtb+.

mimivg
Ecuador

Post by mimivg »

edited by a moderator.

JudieLC wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:44 am

Try tweeting at them. They seem to respond to tweets.

I’ll try being sneaky

Last edited by mimivg on Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

Please, in situations like this - do not try to be sneaky.

For so many reasons.

It is not worth it.

There are, in the WWW - people that are seaking actively to scam and abuse you.
And also your family and others in your broader community.

Don't do it.

Do not trust random people on the internet.

Please share and have trust in real people - people that really care for you, such as people in your physical closer community.
Yet know, there are also others in your wider community that wish you to be safe.
And yes - it is complicated.

If in doubt - don't do it. Don't try to be sneaky.

While there are others in your community - more so in my knowledge/experience base - that do not know you directly - they wish to abuse you in ways that are inappropriate - whatever age you are.

Also - don't reveal you age on the internet - whatever age you are. Be you 20, or 40, or 70. Or whatever age. They wish to abuse you.
People seeking to abuse you - they use this information to do their abuse.

And can also - in ways - often cross reference information - and use that to abuse others you know.
Including to abuse others you know - that can be either older or younger than you.

Please - be wise. Please, keep yourself safe - and don't be foolish and seek to be sneaky.

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

Just curious. What does "being sneaky" mean in this context? How can you "tweet sneakily"?

John661162

mimivg
Ecuador

Post by mimivg »

John Little wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:07 am

Just curious. What does "being sneaky" mean in this context? How can you "tweet sneakily"?

making a twitter account, get duo to activate my Duolingo account and delete the Twitter account

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@mimivg
Are these two links any help to you?

https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/a ... l-address-

https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/a ... -or-login-

Tweeting probably more reliable, but here's their help form.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

mimivg wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:40 pm
John Little wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:07 am

making a twitter account, get duo to activate my Duolingo account and delete the Twitter account

If that's what it takes, by all means!

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

mimivg
Ecuador

Post by mimivg »

Corinnebelle wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:46 pm

@mimivg
Are these two links any help to you?

https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/a ... l-address-

https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/a ... -or-login-

Tweeting probably more reliable, but here's their help form.

i tried making another duolingo account and adding it to my friend list but it didnt let me verify my account :cry: :cry: :cry:
thank you for your effort :)

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

mimivg wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:02 pm

i sent this to the duo support team and said i couldnt verify my account, but the did nothing at all

Those image links are not working.

Anyway:

1. did you received the confirmation email, or not?

2. if you received it, where are you checking your email: phone or computer
    • if you are not using your phone, then try it there, that seemed to work for many persons

3. consider also the browser vs. app situation
    • whatever you have been using, try the other

4. if you didn't receive the email, then maybe it has to do with the email address
    • some systems detect when one is using a disposable address and they either explicitly reject them (notify the user) or they simply ignore them: Duolingo takes the second approach

I have just created a new account. I started with a disposable address… not a single word after clicking on the verify link several times and waiting for a reasonable amount of time. I then changed it to a hotmail address and I immediately received the email and was able to verify the account.

Using a laptop, Windows 10, Chrome browser. No phone, no app.

Antinomy - Imagination

mimivg
Ecuador

Post by mimivg »

gmads wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:08 pm

Image i did not in my main account

Those image links are not working.

Anyway:

• if you are not using your phone, then try it there, that seemed to work for many persons

• whatever you have been using, try the other

4. if you didn't receive the email, then maybe it has to do with the email address
    • some systems detect when one is using a disposable address and they either explicitly reject them (notify the user) or they simply ignore them: Duolingo takes the second approach

I have just created a new account. I started with a disposable address… not a single word after clicking on the verify link several times and waiting for a reasonable amount of time. I then changed it to a hotmail address and I immediately received the email and was able to verify the account.

Using a laptop, Windows 10, Chrome browser. No phone, no app.

no i did not get the email for verification
i dont have a phone :cry:
after a while i got an email for the account i created to try to get verified so it isnt the email, also i tried hot mail and it also didnt work and i have the same set up windows 10 lenovo laptop chrome google, no phone but shity windows app from microsoft store

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

mimivg wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:23 am

Ok.

after a while i got an email for the account i created to try to get verified so it isnt the email […]

So, the email initially took a long time to arrive, but you finally got it. Then you clicked the confirmation button on the email but nothing happened.

This seems to be the case I first mentioned, about people clicking on the button from the computer without success, but then trying from a phone, in which case they finally managed to get their account verified.

Could you ask a friend to let you use the browser to get to your email account and click on the confirmation button of the email? I really think this should solve it. What email provider you used in this first attempt? Yahoo? Gmail?

[…] also i tried hot mail and it also didnt work and i have the same set up windows 10 lenovo laptop chrome google, no phone but shity windows app from microsoft store

Ok. In this second attempt you used Hotmail and you also received the email, but nothing is happening after clicking on the confirmation button. This is what I have understood.

So you are having the same situation as before. You receive the email, you click the button, but nothing happens.

Assuming I have understood correctly, then you should definitely ask for a friend's phone, open the browser, login to hotmail, open duo's message, and click the button. I am sure this will do.

Antinomy - Imagination

mimivg
Ecuador

Post by mimivg »

gmads wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:53 am

Ok.

after a while i got an email for the account i created to try to get verified so it isnt the email […]

So, the email initially took a long time to arrive, but you finally got it. Then you clicked the confirmation button on the email but nothing happened.

This seems to be the case I first mentioned, about people clicking on the button from the computer without success, but then trying from a phone, in which case they finally managed to get their account verified.

Could you ask a friend to let you use the browser to get to your email account and click on the confirmation button of the email? I really think this should solve it. What email provider you used in this first attempt? Yahoo? Gmail?

[…] also i tried hot mail and it also didnt work and i have the same set up windows 10 lenovo laptop chrome google, no phone but shity windows app from microsoft store

Ok. In this second attempt you used Hotmail and you also received the email, but nothing is happening after clicking on the confirmation button. This is what I have understood.

So you are having the same situation as before. You receive the email, you click the button, but nothing happens.

Assuming I have understood correctly, then you should definitely ask for a friend's phone, open the browser, login to hotmail, open duo's message, and click the button. I am sure this will do.

ok i think ill see a friend on the weekend so ill try to write back on saturday :)

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

mimivg wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:40 pm

ok i think ill see a friend on the weekend so ill try to write back on saturday :)

Great! We'll be waiting here for some good news ;)

Antinomy - Imagination

mimivg
Ecuador

Post by mimivg »

gmads wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:26 am

omg gmads you wont believe the duo twitter account verified me
tysm so much for your time gmads :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

mimivg wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:23 pm
gmads wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:26 am

omg gmads you wont believe the duo twitter account verified me
tysm so much for your time gmads :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Excellent!! Congratulations! 🥳

Antinomy - Imagination

Return to “How to ...”