Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Questions about word lists

These Duome Forum guides have step-by-step instructions and screenshots on how to achieve the desired results. So read the relevant ones before you ask again.

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Questions about word lists

Post by PtolemysXX »

How are the duome word lists under https://duome.eu/vocabulary/xx/yy/skills generated?
Are they regularly synchronized with the existing courses or are they some snapshots done at a particular point of time?
Where do the English translations come from (available in some course but not all)?

KATHLEEN325107
United States of America

Re: Questions about word lists

Post by KATHLEEN325107 »

Can I see the vocabulary that I've learned so far on Duolingo (French)?

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

KATHLEEN325107 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:23 pm

This URL will produce a word list for your currently active language:

Word List

However it is a raw format, hard to read.

If you use / are familiar with Anki flashcards, there is an extension to Anki called "Pull from duolingo" that retrieves the list with the link provided above and transforms it into Anki flashcards.

The lists have a big drawback though -> they come with no translations

duome

Post by duome »

Duome gets word lists from the vocabulary overview link matched against more data from another link which sadly isn't available anymore (the dictionary). The still existing vocabulary overviews get updated now and then, but it's a manual task - it doesn't happen every single day.

KATHLEEN325107 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:23 pm

The words tab on your progress page should show known words in bold/blue, otherwise they would be regular/black. This may not be 100% accurate because of numerous tree updates that resulted in at least some duplicates.

Return to “Duome's How-to Guides”