Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Ideas to Organize the Irish Subforums

CaitNicRun
United States of America

Ideas to Organize the Irish Subforums

Post by CaitNicRun »

I'm making a quick post now and will try to follow it up later.

As we know everything is in flux. Currently there are three potential subforums for Irish learners and speakers, but it's not very clear how they should function. I definitely see a potential for a Gaeilge only subforum, either in the Irish general discussion or the Irish to English subforum with wasn't a thing at Duo. In fact, it doesn't make sense IMHO even though a space has been reserved. That might be the perfect place to have an Irish only sub.

Unfortunately, tá a fhios agam nach bhfuil mé in ann faoi sin, moderating as Gaeilge, that is. We really need a mod who is fluent.

In the meantime other organization can happen. Post any ideas. I'll check back go luath.

Image L5

ddmckenna
United States of America

Re: Ideas to Organize the Irish Subforums

Post by ddmckenna »

This all sounds good to me.

I’m not personally fluent enough in Irish yet to do much but practice my reading in an Irish only forum yet, but once I learn some more tenses besides the present, I think I’ll be looking forward to it as a way to expand my vocabulary.

Caitlin
Australia

Post by Caitlin »

I am not native speaker, and I don't know much, but if there is information to be brought here from another forum that is closing down in Duolingo. I could assist with that! Unless it has already been closed down and I have missed the boat.

🇮🇪 Beginner Irish/Gaeilgeoir Duolingo levels 🇮🇪

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Caitlin wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:28 am

I am not native speaker, and I don't know much, but if there is information to be brought here from another forum that is closing down in Duolingo. I could assist with that! Unless it has already been closed down and I have missed the boat.

It closed a long time ago. RIP Duolingo forum. A lot of stuff was archived, see this post, there may be some stuff archived for Gaelic, it's not easy to find, but you can post the archived pages on this forum.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Caitlin
Australia

Post by Caitlin »

Thanks for letting me know! D’fhéadfadh sé sin a bheith spreagúil! (That could be exciting!)

Go raibh maith agat!

Can I start a new page do you think to put some information? I found one Gaelic Duolingo page.

🇮🇪 Beginner Irish/Gaeilgeoir Duolingo levels 🇮🇪

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Caitlin[/mention] Yes, people make a new topic for each archive. Or they just post a bunch of links. However you'd like to do it.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@CaitNicRun

Currently there are three potential subforums for Irish learners and speakers, but it's not very clear how they should function.

This forum is growing. Which are the other two subforums where Irish speakers and learners may post?

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Creating subforums is something that some monitors are not keen on doing… best wishes.

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Here the link to the old discussions of the Duolingo Irish Forum: https://duolingo.hobune.stream/topic/901/1

They were all provided by @dakanga in the following post: viewtopic.php?t=14630-see-the-posts-in- ... ngo-forums

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

We can create subforums.

What ideas have you got ?

Return to “Labhraím Gaeilge”