Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

はじめまして duome forum!

blue
Japan

はじめまして duome forum!

Post by blue »

ここは何?勝手に使っていいのかしら?もし間違った使い方ならごめんなさい。

duolingoの例題別のフォーラムが閉鎖と聞いて、これから漠然とした疑問があった時は、どこでどう聞いたらいいんだろうと不安に思っていました。
でも、もし、ここがその役割を担ってくれるのなら、私だけでなくwelcomeと感じるユーザーがたくさんいると思います。

MsFixer
Japan

Re: はじめまして duome forum!

Post by MsFixer »

blue さん、初めまして。
私も正直、Duomeのフォーラム全体の構造がまだよくつかめていませんが、たぶんこのサブフォーラムは「日本語話者向け」なんだと思います。一瞬、「日本語学習者向け (= 外国人向け)」とごっちゃになってしまいました。

(この箇所に投稿した内容はblueさん個別メッセージで用済みのため、後日削除致しました。)

Last edited by MsFixer on Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

MsFixer with Pulau Bahasa | Native: 🇯🇵 | Learning: 🇮🇩 (B1)

blue (karen005005)
Japan

Post by blue (karen005005) »

うわ~、お返事があったっ!
MsFixerさん、ありがとうございます。
MsFixerさんのお姿とご意見はduolingoのフォーラム内でよく拝見していました。すれ違ったこともあるような気もいたします。改めましてよろしくお願いします。
ここがいままでのDuolingoフォーラム同様の使い方をしていいのであれば大変ありがたいのですが、使い方も構造もリスクもよくわからなくて、本家に紹介していいのかどうか迷っていました…。

”例題別のフォーラムが閉鎖と聞いて” は、”例題別のフォーラム以外が閉鎖と聞いて”の脱字でした;; 詳しくご説明いただいてありがたく、恥ずかしく・・・、申し訳ありません。

Native 🇯🇵,  Learning; 🇺🇸 intermediate, I hope / 🇪🇸 & 🇨🇳 beginner

MsFixer
Japan

Post by MsFixer »

blueさん、本家で軽く触れたことがありましたか(焦)。ではDuome(分家)上で初めまして(あらためて)。

私もまだ、皆さんにオススメですよーって言えるほど使いこなせてないので、何だかためらってしまって。

1. 日本語話者向け総合フォーラム: LANGUAGES >> I speak... >> Japanese (今ココ)
  2. 日本語話者向けDuolingoコースの言語別フォーラムトップ: I AM LEARNING... >> 日本語 : 向け / for Japanese speakers

と、ツリー構造が分かれていて、分かりづらいんですよね。
たとえば2の方には、dakangaさんが「単語リスト」https://forum.duome.eu/viewtopic.php?t=470 を投稿しているけど、これって、1と2、どうやって使い分けるべきなのかよく分からないです。

あとDuome以外にも掲示板がいくつかあって、Duomeだけを推すべきなのかも迷います。Duomeは元々、掲示板ではなく、Duolingo各ユーザの進捗管理情報やランキングなどをメインで長年提供してきた実績があるので、Duolingoユーザのフォーラム乗り換え先としては有力な選択肢の一つなんだとは思うんですけどね。Duomeのサブフォーラムにも、(今のところ一部だけですが)モデレーターがちゃんといる点も、比較的安全なのかなぁ。

他の有力乗り換え先でDiscordはちょっとだけ覗いてみたけど、User Interfaceがぐちゃぐちゃしすぎて使い勝手が悪く、私には合わないかなぁ。もともとDiscordはゲームやってる人用に発展してきたサービスなので、SkypeやZoomみたいなコミュニケーションができる+掲示板がついていて、ネイティブと音声で会話レッスンしたい人なんかは使い勝手がいいみたいですけど。

いずれにしても、これからDuolingoを始める多くの人にとっては、外部サイトのフォーラム(掲示板)の存在を知る機会が乏しいので、既存ユーザだけの内輪コミュニティっぽくなりそうな気もします。。。

blue (karen005005)
Japan

MsFixerさん、こちらこそ!です。

私が本家紹介をためらっていた理由は、

1. duome内にあるのにDuolingoのIDと紐づいていずに、改めてIDを取る必要があること
  2. IDは簡単に取れてしまうこと。そのため【なりすましが発生する可能性も高い】 こと
  3. ID作成後、『登録メールアドレスとかオンライン中表示などのデフォルト設定』が ”公開” になっていたこと(この時代にありえないでしょう!?)
  4. duolingoが「(本家)フォーラム終了の告知」の中で、redditのr/duolingo や fandom wikiにまで言及していながらここには触れていないこと....などです。

でも、それらリスクを踏まえても本家フォーラムがなくなるマイナスよりは大きなプラスがあると思うので、10日位までには本家に紹介したいと思っていたのですが、MsFixerさんはどうお考えですか?

不可解なツリー構造についてww、私の認識は、

1. LANGUAGES >> I speak... >> Japanese (今ココ) は、本家の「Duolingo 日本語表記」 と「問題解決 日本語表記」
  2. I AM LEARNING... の中に >> 日本語 : 向け / for Japanese speakers で現在 Duolingoで日本語から学べる4つのコースのトピックを建てたのは、本家の「日→英」、「→中」、「→韓」、「→仏」のフォーラムをそれぞれに担わせるつもりなんじゃないかと思いました。(本来なら「I'm leaning」の下の階層に 日本語向けとあるのはおかしいので苦肉の策?)
    index.php ←ここで表示される I’m learning の下の階層のほとんどをdakangaさんが作っていて、User情報をみるとGlobal moderatorsとなっていたのでなんとなくそんな気がしました。

何が起こるかテストしてみたいので、MsFixerさんをフレンド登録して見ました。勝手にすみません。パーソナルメッセージも送ってみようと思ったら「おまえさんにはその権限はない。もちっと活動しろ!」と出てきました。
ご相談できる方が見つかって嬉しい思いが長文に! すみません…。

Last edited by blue (karen005005) on Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

MsFixer
Japan

Post by MsFixer »

blueさん、
リスクについて
blueさんが本家に紹介をためらう理由の1、2点目(なりすまし)については、あまり気にせずとも良いのではないでしょうか? Duolingoと同じIDやアバター画像を使って、赤の他人がTwitter、Instagram、Discordなどのアカウントもサクっと作れてしまうわけで、Duome Forum固有のリスクではありませんし。
3点目のデフォルトで個人情報表示は、私もビックリしました。意外とデフォルトのまま使い続ける人は多そうですよね。最低でもメールアドレスだけは、Duomeのバグ報告に上げた方が良い事案でしょうね。
4点目の告知ですが、Duolingo側の閉鎖決定を受け、急遽こちらのDuomeの内部にForum(掲示板)機能を「追加で」立ち上げた経緯があります。ですから、Duolingo公式の閉鎖告知から、Duome Forumが意図的に排除されたわけではなく、存在しなかっただけです。もともとDuomeの進捗管理やランキング機能は、多くのDuolingo英語話者が昔から活発に利用していたので、信頼性やブランド力はそれなりにあると思います。ただし、日本語話者間でのDuomeの認知度は相当低いでしょうけど。。。

(後日追記)
メルアド公開の件ですが、Duomeの表示設定を「日本語」から「英語」に変更したところ、ユーザCP(コントロールパネル)の日英誤訳だと判明しました。。。(笑)
修正リクエストを「こちら」に出しておきました。

告知について
10日位までには本家に紹介したいと思っていたのですが、MsFixerさんはどうお考えですか?

いいと思いますよ。blueさんに全面的にお任せします!私は日本語話者向けDuolingoコースを全く使ってこらず(焦)、私が告知で出張るのもヘンな気がしますし。(ちなみに、インドネシア語話者向けの本家フォーラム上では、私の方からDuome Forumへの乗り換え紹介済です)

Duomeのツリー構造について(私案)

LANGUAGES >> I speak... >> ●Japanese (今ココ) >> ▲I am learning... >> ★英語、韓国語、中国語、フランス語の各サブフォーラム

のように、2つのツリーを1つに統合してもらった方がぶっちゃけ分かりやすい気がします。本家でも、●と★のどっちに投稿すべきか迷っている人が多くて混乱していたので、Duomeでもツリーを分けるとなおさらカオスになりそう。

●が本家の「Duolingo 日本語表記」「問題解決 日本語表記」2つに該当。▲は要らないので投稿禁止(ロックをかける)か、思い切って削除。★がDuolingoの言語別フォーラムトップなので、スッキリすると思います。
あと、●Japanese (今ココ)を「日本語話者総合」、▲I am learning...を「受講コース別」と日本語で書いた方が良いと思います。そもそも英語があまり得意でないからDuolingoを使っている人が多そうなので。

いかがでしょうか? ご意見お聞かせ下さい。
もしご異論なければ、daKangaさん(Duolingoの旧公式モデレーターとしても有名人)に私から後でご相談してみようと思います。過去に本家フォーラム上でも英語でやりとりがあったので、たぶん私のことを覚えてくれている気がします。

blue (karen005005)
Japan

MsFixerさん、
昨夜から突然の体調不調で起き上がれず、ついでに脳ミソの働きまでダウンしており、まともなお返事が返せそうにありません。

リスクについてのコメントありがとうございます。
1,2について、ご指摘の通りだと思い、3の誤訳!に驚き、4の事実も教えていただいてかなり安心いたしました。(このような情報はどこから得ていらっしゃるのだろうと驚きでいっぱいです)

Duomeのツリー構造について
じっくり検討しておりませんが、ご提案は現状よりわかりやすいなと思いました。ただ、ツリー構造について自分から提案しよう...なんて私自身は考えたことすらなかったことと(+脳みそダウン中のため)今はこれ以上のお返事はできません。すみません、今はお返事できません。

教えていただくことばかりで自分の意見をいうこともできず申し訳ない限りです。
では、ベッドに撤退しますww

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

すべてへようこそ.

Duolingoフォーラムと同じように使用してください。

ここでお会いできて光栄です。
はい、これはモデレートされたフォーラムです。
問題があれば報告してください。

私はこのコミュニティの1つであり、私の扉は常にあなたに開かれています。

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

私はあなたがより良いことを願っています @blue (karen005005).

And yes, I do remember you MsFixer, and am encouraged to see you here. Thank you for all you do for also us as a community.
I am in your debt.

MsFixer
Japan

Post by MsFixer »

(日本語訳は英文の後に書きます)
Thank you [mention]dakanga[/mention] for your reply. The message boards were fully restructured soon after I pointed out the inconvenience. They are much better now!

This isn’t probably relevant, but I just want to inform you that I am no longer with Duolingo although I occasionally check new posts on Duome forums for English speakers. I don’t think we’ll have more Japanese speakers here due to the shut-off of the user influx from sentence discussions.

SDs are the heart of my learning journey. I keep contributing to SDs and forums on Clozemaster instead. CM lets only subscribers post new messages there while non-subscribers can read them. They are spam-free and I see more dedicated language learners there. I wish Duolingo would also follow the same path to manage the community.

dakangaさん、フォローメッセージありがとうございます。フォーラムのツリー構造について言及しましたが、その後 (私の知らぬ間に) 全面刷新されたようで。とても使い易くなったと思います!
さて、以下は半ば私信となり、不適切かもしれませんがご容赦下さい。私は、こちらのDuomeフォーラムは英語話者向け投稿のみたまに覗きに来ていますが、Duolingoでのレッスンは完全に撤退しました。センテンス・ディスカッション (SD) が閲覧のみに突如切り替わってしまったからです。たぶんSD経由でこのDuomeを知る人もいないでしょうから、残念ながらDuomeフォーラム上で日本語話者が今後増えるとは考えづらいかなぁと思っています。
フォーラムやSDは私の語学勉強には欠かせない要素なので、今はDuolingoを離れてClozemasterに主軸を置いています。Clozemasterは有料ユーザのみフォーラムとSD投稿可、無料ユーザは閲覧のみと切り分けているので、スパム対策バッチリですし、真剣な語学学習者が多いように感じます。DuolingoもフォーラムやSDを完全に機能不全とせず、Clozemasterみたいな中庸策を取ってくれたらなぁと思います。

Deleted User 1414

Post by Deleted User 1414 »

デュオフォーラム終了と同時に”卒業する”というような事を言っていた人はかなりいた気がします。そうなると、自然な流れだと思います。私も他のアプリをやっています。私はメインは読者でお忍びユーザーで行くのであまり出ませんが(そう言って書き込んだ事もあります😊)とりあえずここかRedditにいます。

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

It is a great joy to me to hear people are finding communities to help support their language learning.
And also to be given a heads up as to some of the places people have gone to after the very sad and for me sudden closing of forums on Duolingo.
Including the problems that Duolingo is having with Sentence Discussion Forums.

Thank you to all of you for all you do for the world, and for learning. And I continue to hope to see you around. Perhaps even at times in this forum, where you are all very welcome.

MsFixer
Japan

Post by MsFixer »

[mention]Nineko[/mention] さん、
Duolingoフォーラムの常連さんの中には、連続日数のために最低限のレッスンをやって、あとはフォーラムで井戸端会議を楽しんでるだけって人も結構いたので、(冷たい言い方ですが)そういう方は「卒業」でいいと思います。ただ、現在進行形でレッスンしていて、SD上で質問しても回答が得られない人が言語コース別フォーラム上で質問再投稿していたケースは、本当に気の毒に思います。
英語が苦手でDuolingoやってる日本人にとっては、DuomeもRedditも縁遠い世界で代替手段になりえず。例文の質問があった時、今後はどこを使うのだろうか? [mention]blue (karen005005)[/mention] さんがおっしゃっていたように、Yahoo知恵袋とかに流れるんですかね?
ちなみに私は、RedditのDuolingoスレは全く興味ないトピックがフィードに大量に流れてくるので、読む気が失せてしまいました。

[mention]dakanga[/mention]
I heard from someone that you used to be one of the Duolingo moderators. I wish Duolingo would reward current and former moderators for their hardworking as it did so financially for course contributors last year when the volunteer-based contribution program was terminated as a pre-IPO preparation.
After the Duo's official announcement on the forum closure, the only then-active moderator for the Japanese speakers' forum said that "we will still have SDs, let's keep in touch there!". I cannot generalize this single case to the entire moderators, but this suggests that even current Duolingo moderators weren't informed in February that Duolingo also would change all sentence discussion to read-only. The current/former moderators including you daKanga shouldn't be treated like a disposable tool.
I'm so grateful to see you assuming the moderator role with Duome Forum. I'm sure your experience as well as thoughtful manner are always appreciated by all Duome Forum users!

(以下、daKangaさんへのメッセージ和訳)
daKangaさんが以前、Duolingo側でもモデレーターを務めておられたとお伺いしたことがあります。そういえば昨年、Duolingoが新規上場する少し前、コース開発に携わっていた無償のコントリビューターの皆さんに金銭的な手当てが支給されたとアナウンスがありましたが、それと比べるとdaKangaさんはじめとするモデレーター陣は冷遇されていて気の毒に思います。
日本語話者向けフォーラム上で今年2月、フォーラム閉鎖が公式発表された際、現役モデレーターの方が「SDは今まで通り残るので、皆さんそちらで引き続きよろしく」とご発言されていたのを記憶しています。これがモデレーター全員に当てはまるか分かりませんが、おそらくは現役モデレーターさえもSDの投稿全面禁止措置は知らされていなかったのではないでしょうか。現役・元モデレーターの皆さんが搾取だけされた挙句、ポイっと捨てられてしまったような印象を受け、残念に思います。
経験豊富で気配り上手なdaKangaさんが、当Duomeフォーラムでモデレーターを務めて頂き、とても心強いです。たぶん他の一般ユーザーも同じ思いだと思います。いつも本当にありがとうございます。

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

ありがとうございました
Thank you for your trust in me. I will and I have tried to always live up to peoples trust. I though sometimes find myself niggly, and that I do not live up to my expectations. Thank you for your forgiveness when you see that. When I recognize I have done that - I take time away. And I do what I can to make amends. I also make mistakes, though I try not to. And again, when I pick things up and things are pointed out, I correct things.

We are greater when we are community, than when we are an isolated individual.
It is spectacular what we can do when we collaborate, and encourage what it takes to be a community.

I am so relieved to see this community forming. To see people such as you and others around.

Deleted User 1414

Post by Deleted User 1414 »

明けましておめでとうございます。
本家と、ここでも色々動きがあったみたいですけど、とりあえず私はduoとduome読者続けます。たまにここに来ていますし、来れる間は他フォーラムなどを翻訳して読んだりしているので、フォーラムの確認やチェックなどをしていけたらと思っています。

Mofuneko
Japan

Post by Mofuneko »

↑の書き込みと同じ者です。ユーザー名を突然変えて申し訳ありません。しばらく変えないと思います。
引き続きよろしくお願いします。

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

Also, to mention, I consider I have been treated fairly by Duolingo.

It was an awkward time for them, and for those that were contibutors and moderators.
I have received acknowledgements by Duolingo. Acknowledgements I also did not expect. And I am honored by.

They have been able to continue to make access to the resources they develop - free to access.
And their resources, also have value to assist learning.

They also allow this community to ... access and use some of their course structure to provide additional support for learners, and also educators - to enhance learning. I am also thankful - since they are now private company answerable to stock holders for profit. And I hope it will continue to make available resources and engaging resources for language learners for no cost. While also I wish it to be profitable and continue to be able to do this.

So, if you are able financially, do consider subscribing to Duolingo. Yet - it is not an issue at all if this is not your situation. Please. Keep learning. Here - you are ALWAYS welcome. And your input - it is also of immense value to us as a community. Thank you for being a part of this community. Even if it is just to read the resources. Though I hope I can encourage you to engage.
To ask questions.
To assist others in this community.
You, and your participation - it makes a difference.
A positive difference I hope to you.
And a positive difference to others - to this community.
Including sharing grumbles and especially asking questions.

The Japanese course for English speakers - is one I particularly consider very good in its design. I have not checked out the reverse course.
I see Duolingo is continueing to improve all its courses and bring them all up to a similar standard, including to CEFR standards. This is also impressive.

Yet my biggest thanks and appreciation is to this community, and what it does and creates to support learning.

Mofuneko
Japan

Post by Mofuneko »

私は、Duolingoとduomeフォーラムあっていいと思いますよ。色々意見があったDuolingo フォーラムですが私は読んでましたし、楽しかったですよ。(誰か利用者同士で、トラブルがあったことはありましたが、おおごとにはなってないと思います。)それだけ色々な人がduoを利用していたということでしょう。私は全然気にしてませんよ。むしろDuolingoフォーラムは、懐かしい思い出になってます。
今はduome フォーラム読者として楽しんだり(翻訳アプリなど使ってます)、英語の勉強にもなってますし、このままの状態でいいのでは?と思います。これからもduome フォーラム楽しんでいきましょう。

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

dakanga wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:23 am

The Japanese course for English speakers - is one I particularly consider very good in its design...
I see Duolingo is continuing to improve all its courses and bring them all up to a similar standard, including to CEFR standards. This is also impressive.

I've read multiple times that the new cartoon character Azure AI TTS voices are not good and that multiple learners had to stop learning JP.

For Brazilian Portuguese the mild versions of cartoon voices are not that bad honestly (French and Spanish was worse before I heard but many users complained and some voices got removed or adjusted) but the rules engine doesn't get it always right and pronounces PT words wrong. They even cut end consonants for Pt-Br like it's normal for French. Looks like someone copied a lot from French rules or their 3rd party engine is partly broken. Actually I have to report multiple audio issues in the Portuguese course incl. simple things like menino vs minninno!!
For JP I heard that the sounds are either wrong or cartoon voices very annoying or both?!??

That's IMHO the worst case as a new JP beginner: To learn the wrong sounds.

So cartoons in the JP course are not that mild too and make use of at least 2+ character which sound just horrible??

For the Duolingo PT stories (real voice actors, maybe they send recordings through some scrambler afterwards and change a perfect normal voice to nonsense and high pitched acting or depressed sounds) I can say at least as someone with 6+ years of learning experience in Portuguese, almost 1.5 years of French and a bit of Spanish that this "over acting" drives me nuts, really.
For multiples stories, 2+ characters. Not all stories are bad thankfully.
Doubt it that the actors speak that bad in the studio.

If the Japanese Duolingo course uses similar worst cartoon characters soundings like FR or ES did before AND gets the pronunciation wrong because of fu...d up rules engine for Azure AI then I'm not surprised to hear that Japanese learners have been quitting their Duolingo course.

I don't learn Japanese.
Wouldn't want to start with Duolingo, rather not.

But have taken a quick look on the Busuu content for the first two quite long courses with 100+ lessons.
Also there are three separate Hiragana, Katagana and Kanji courses available - with video lessons so you can follow stroke order how to wrote all the signs.

Busuu doesn't use TTS, has no animations and no cartoons.
Native speakers have a definite advantage when you get used to high quality recordings.
But there often is a drawback with a missing good slow audio button, no separate slow recording, missing text, missing EN translations, at least this applies to the Busuu French A1 course (not always but always; something is often missing or I don't fully understand the French audio because of missing FR text).

I only mention Busuu as some lessons are free (1 without ad per day, others on the Web with a short 15+ seconds wait).
According to the blog they removed the hard 4-6 lessons limit.
On another Google Play store review I read that the Android app has different restrictions like only A1 course access, one lesson is ad free.
Sometimes I can't access some lessons on the old Android app (I was PremiumPlus before in 2022). But often can review multiple A1 or first 38 A2 lessons for FREE, even on Android.
Some review grammar lessons I could only unlock for the Web (app debug options).
Normally formal grammar lessons and quizzes require to have a Premium account.

..(...)..

I can't write this in Japanese.
Somehow saw this thread and forum link, above quote and wanted to step by and say こんにちは to you all :-)

Hopefully Duolingo staff can fix their Azure AI voices/pronunciation rules and remove those cartoon voices which are too bad and only use the mild versions like they do for Pt-Br lessons (for DL story voices it is a two sided sword).

ドイツからたくさんのご挨拶

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss on Fri May 12, 2023 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Mofuneko
Japan

Post by Mofuneko »

英語から日本語コースの、リリーというキャラクターの声が暗い声すぎて違和感という問題があったのを知っています。あと、子供のようなキャラクターの声が元気すぎて違和感みたいな意見もあったと思います。今さっきDuolingo 英語から日本語コースやってみたんですけど、リリーというキャラクターの声と元気すぎる子供のような声があまり出てこなくなった気がします。批判や意見があったので調整中ということでしょうか。ごくたまにですが、旧字体みたいなのがあったのも少なくなった気がします。前よりはかなりマシになってるとは思います。もし、どうしても気になる時は、やはり別の語学サイトを使うことをおすすめします。

Return to “討論会”