Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

You are valued here

Corinnebelle

You are valued here

Post by Corinnebelle »

On Duolingo there were upvotes and downvotes. On Duolingo you didn't know who voted for you or against you. But here you are valued. Your posts can't be downvoted. You will even know who upvoted you. It makes more of a community and makes us feel appreciated by each other! :)

And I don't know if anyone likes cats, but here's a link to a meowy one! Being a random place hopefully I can post this here! :)

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Kelikaku
Israel

Re: You are valued here

Post by Kelikaku »

Great topic.
Thanks for posting this.
We need you.

Thanks so very much.
Keep up the good work.

bs'd

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Kelikaku wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:00 am

Great topic.
Thanks for posting this.
We need you.

Wow! You value me too! :)

תודה מאוד מאוד

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

HeyMarlana
Canada

Post by HeyMarlana »

Sort of the way it should have been all along: If you don't like something, downvote in your mind and just keep scrolling. If you do like something, feel free to upvote/thank. It's interesting to see the users here who I remember from Duo who have the same goal -- to be here for the love of languages. Which is also something that should have been this way all along. :)

Remember...do something nice for yourself today.

η γατα
Great Britain

Post by η γατα »

Corinnebelle wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:40 am

And I don't know if anyone likes cats, but here's a link to a meowy one! Being a random place hopefully I can post this here! :)

Cats are the very best thing. I was excited the other day when my Duo lesson taught me how to ask people how many cats they have in Greek :lol:

Native English speaker, learning Spanish & Greek

Hallumir
Canada

Post by Hallumir »

While I don't necessarily want to bring downvotes back - they and upvotes are features I find rather useless - I think the aversion shown towards them here is strange. The only explained cons of downvotes I've seen yet involve the abuse of downvotes or that they just aren't useful - neither are upvotes, though.

TL 🇵🇱 🇺🇦

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Hallumir wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:10 pm

While I don't necessarily want to bring downvotes back - they and upvotes are features I find rather useless - I think the aversion shown towards them here is strange. The only explained cons of downvotes I've seen yet involve the abuse of downvotes or that they just aren't useful - neither are upvotes, though.

True in a way! Topics would be active with or without thanks.

They do however serve a purpose here. It kind of gives you an idea of how much a persons posts resonate with other people by how many thanks they have received. See posts toplist. It also gives another dimension to people's online presence. Did you know there is a thanks list in the quick links? This shows the Dakanga as the number 1 person for posts, thanks received and thanks given. She deserves it too! Duome is second and Basler Biker third.

Return to “Random Thoughts”