Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[ARCHIVE] [o0sisi] Some YouTube Learning Sources

Moderators: The_lost, Jacko079

Jacko079
United States of America

[ARCHIVE] [o0sisi] Some YouTube Learning Sources

Post by Jacko079 »

Originally posted by o0sisi

https://archive.ph/6hRxt

YouTube has a lot of Arabic-language cartoons. Here are some I collected on a list, but it is a huge rabbit hole - once you find one, you will get others on the recommendations list. These can be great immersion tools for people who learn MSA! حكايات عالمية has especially stories from all around the world, and knowing the outline of the story already might make it easier to follow.

نساء صغيرات (Little women)

شما في البراري الخضراء Anne of Green Gables

حكايات ما أحلاها

سندباد

عدنان ولينا

بوليانا

الحديقة السرية

حكايات عالمية

In addition to cartoons, I would suggest YouTube channel Arabic bloom for everyone - includes short stories with text, audio, harakaat, explanation and some grammatical concepts as well. I always drop it in every discussion on here.

In general, finding videos about topics you already know something about might be useful. Find a concept or a historical event you are interested in, translate it into Arabic and search on YouTube. There will be many videos, most of which in MSA. Many channels intersect between philosophy, history and religious subjects. My favourites are History يمان and تاريخ تون by السبيل. The first one uses quite clear language and explains in a way that someone with weak Arabic skills can still understand. Droos Online is also a great channel, not so clear MSA but still quite good if you are interested in self-development.

If you have any other recommendations for channels, cartoons etc. please share with everyone!

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

Return to “Resources”