Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[ARCHIVE] Lana's stories and others

Moderator: Corinnebelle

Corinnebelle

[ARCHIVE] Lana's stories and others

Post by Corinnebelle »

So I wanted to put links for all the stories in one post so we can have a directory. I hope Lana doesn't mind.

These stories have so helped me build my confidence in Hebrew and feel like I can write and read a little Hebrew. Although the writing is kind of poor!

Story directory

Story 1: Gal's surprise party

Story 2: Good morning

Story 3: A date

Story 4: A coffee, please!

Story 5: I'm late for school!

Story 6: the passport

Story 7: A new apartment

Story 8: I don't work today

Story 9: The last stop

Story 10: The lunch break

Story 11: Trip to Spain

Story 12: Is it you?

Story 13: The ex-boyfriend

Story 14: Send me an Email

Story 15: The song

Story 16: A new job

Story 17: Free pizza

Story 18: Old friends

For more stories see:

Unofficial Duolingo stories

MatteoFrank's translated Duo stories

Lana if you don't want your stories published to duome, please notify me immediately.

Last edited by Corinnebelle on Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:03 am, edited 9 times in total.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Jenga218
Australia

Re: Lana's stories

Post by Jenga218 »

Just wanted to pop in here Corrinnebelle and say I see you and I'm here for it! I'm going to focus mainly on French for this weekend but given French generally has a much larger user base, I hope once that picks up steam I'll be able to help out with archiving in the Hebrew forum too!

I'm only a beginner in Hebrew - my working understanding of the language is very poor so it's much harder for me to tell even what's important than it is in French - I certainly can't take the lead with it as I have over there. But give me a list to work through and I can CTRL+C as well as the next person!

תודה רבה

🇨🇦 🇦🇺 Native
:fr: - Upper Intermediate | 🇮🇱 Beginner | 🇪🇸 Beginner (inactive)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Thanks Jenga!

I'm not an expert in Hebrew so I am also figuring out what needs to be saved, and feel like I will miss out on some things because I have yet to appreciate their relevance.

Any advice from anyone about what to copy will be good. I will give you a list as I get through things. I'm hoping we might get some more senior Hebrew speakers here, that would lead the way.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:02 pm

I'm hoping we might get some more senior Hebrew speakers here

I'm not sure how that can help. You should archive whatever you think is helpful for you. None of them is helpful for me. :mrgreen: I'm focusing first on the languages I'm learning myself. I think I can be more useful with questions about what's right or wrong in Hebrew. I do think that without archiving the stories themselves this list will become worthless when the forum is deleted. So maybe you should start with that.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Sounds good! Yes, I plan to archive those stories. Are you native Hebrew speaker? Your name sounds like you would be.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Corinnebelle wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:08 am

Are you native Hebrew speaker? Your name sounds like you would be.

Yep. I also added it in my signature. :)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

EranBarLev wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:12 am

Ah, I just noticed! Great! I wonder what level I am in Hebrew? I've got the first checkpoint to legendary and almost to checkpoint three overall. https://duome.eu/Corinnebelle/progress Obviously I'm only fairly good in those skills I have gotten to legendary so far, although I have learnt some further down as well. I have also done some books and flashcards as well. Would you say I'm a still a beginner?

Last edited by Corinnebelle on Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jenga218
Australia

Post by Jenga218 »

Corinnebelle wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:21 am
EranBarLev wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:12 am

Ah, I just noticed! Great! I wonder what level I am in Hebrew? I've got the first checkpoint to legendary and almost to checkpoint three overall. https://duome.eu/Corinnebelle/progress Obviously I'm only fairly good in those skills I have gotten to legendary so far, although I have learnt some furth down as well. I have also done some books and flashcards as well. Would you say I'm a still a beginner?

Liberated from the arbitrary Duolingo levels, I would recommend having a look at the CEFR levels and see which description feels like it best matches your language abilities: https://www.fluentin3months.com/cefr-levels/

🇨🇦 🇦🇺 Native
:fr: - Upper Intermediate | 🇮🇱 Beginner | 🇪🇸 Beginner (inactive)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Hmm, I'm sure I'm still a beginner! :D

Last edited by Corinnebelle on Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Corinnebelle wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:21 am

I wonder what level I am in Hebrew? I've got the first checkpoint to legendary and almost to checkpoint three overall. https://duome.eu/Corinnebelle/progress Obviously I'm only fairly good in those skills I have gotten to legendary so far, although I have learnt some further down as well. I have also done some books and flashcards as well. Would you say I'm a still a beginner?

I would guess about A2. I don't think the DL course takes you any further than A2 anyway.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

EranBarLev wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:01 am

I would guess about A2. I don't think the DL course takes you any further than A2 anyway.

Hmm, I think I'll just call myself an advanced beginner, looking at levels on Ulpan. Verbs are just dawning on me. Thanks for your input!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

EranBarLev wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:21 pm
Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:02 pm

I'm hoping we might get some more senior Hebrew speakers here

I'm not sure how that can help. You should archive whatever you think is helpful for you. None of them is helpful for me. :mrgreen: I'm focusing first on the languages I'm learning myself. I think I can be more useful with questions about what's right or wrong in Hebrew. I do think that without archiving the stories themselves this list will become worthless when the forum is deleted. So maybe you should start with that.

Maybe teachers who know what might be tricky might be good. Otherwise I'm glad you're here because when we have questions about grammar a native speaker knows a lot more than us.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Jenga218 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:52 am

Just wanted to pop in here Corrinnebelle and say I see you and I'm here for it! I'm going to focus mainly on French for this weekend but given French generally has a much larger user base, I hope once that picks up steam I'll be able to help out with archiving in the Hebrew forum too!

I'm only a beginner in Hebrew - my working understanding of the language is very poor so it's much harder for me to tell even what's important than it is in French - I certainly can't take the lead with it as I have over there. But give me a list to work through and I can CTRL+C as well as the next person!

תודה רבה

אין בעד מה

What I'm going to do is make a list like with stories and go through them with archive.ph machine. I aim to request a sticky to a list of all Duolingo archives so they will be easily accessible as the forum grows. If you see links that are still Duolingo's feel free to archive them and post the link below to be added to the list. That would be a great help as the archive.ph seems quite slow. If you have time. There may also be some things you want to archive that I haven't thought of. Any suggestions?

Anyone else reading this is welcome to help also.

Return to “Resources”