Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Gems in Profile

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

Germanater09
United States of America

Gems in Profile

Post by Germanater09 »

You should also be able to see the amount of gems on profiles along with lingots.

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Re: Gems in Profile

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, @Germanater09!

I think it's a good idea, but it would be nice to see the amount of crowns as well. 🙂

Last edited by Corinnebelle on Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Minor grammatical error

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

The profile on DuoMe shows it all:

• Weeks in Diamond

• XP

• Crowns

• current streak

• Lingots (no gems, I am using the website)

It also tells that I currently have 'Plus' or 'Super' subscription.
DL reverted to offering 3 days 'super' once every 50 days to members with long streaks.
They interrupted that incentive as 'super' came to replace 'plus' and the 'path/snake' substituted the 'tree'.

My crown count is constant ever since the tree has been disabled. The website is quite stingy with XP. Hence a high number of crowns gathered while the tree was still there with relatively few XP to show for.

In light gray above the crown number and streak length, the position in the Hall of Fame (HOF) is indicated. I don't meet the threshold for inclusion on the XP HOF, nor for the Lingot HOF.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

GrahamW
Canada

Post by GrahamW »

I just came to the Forum to request that the number of gems be added to the Duome page, since that's more useful information than lingots to those of us who primarily/exclusively use the app. However, I found that this is already a request from three of months ago. I'm really surprised that this hasn't been implemented by the Duome team, since there is a "gems" field in the Extended User Profile that should make it really easy to pick up the data from there.
How do we get this request bumped up to the Duome team's attention again?

🇨🇦 > :it: :fr: :es: Image :de: Image 🇬🇷 :brazil: 🇨🇳

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@GrahamW Just by posting this, you've bumped it. Every time someone posts on an existing topic, it bumps it to the top of its forum.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

duome

Post by duome »

GrahamW wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:04 pm

there is a "gems" field in the Extended User Profile that should make it really easy to pick up the data from there.

Some fields are only visible to the profile owner and "gems" is one of those fields; duome can only see "rupees" which stands for lingots.

Return to “Requests new Duome features”