Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Big changes coming to a Duolingo home screen near you! Topic is solved

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Re: Big changes coming to a Duolingo home screen near you!

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

What a mess.
Duolingo Home (Web) UI changed again this morning/noon so I tried to test out my last PT checkpoint
(owl was taken away on the old tree design).
The tree checkpoints can still be accessed on my older Android app version but they only allow tapping of word banks, no full (free) typing.

After only some restricted hours (3-4 retests of the last PT CP) of runtime the Web UI switched back to the new path layout later in the afternoon after the Firefox Nightly on mobile somehow refreshed the duolingo com website.

Now I'm trying it again for the German CEFR course with the other www-internal website for CPs #3 and upwards: https://www-internal.duolingo.com/check ... /4/bigtest

The checkpoints at least still work there and won't simply redirect to the /learn home page.
The question is how long.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Psynatural wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:00 am

Part of me wants to start a petition against this

I came across this link somewhere, I believe it was posted on their Twitter channel by someone.

https://chng.it/TfWYqMtqn5

Change Petition Duolingo Revert Path update
Reverse newest update

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

LICA98 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:30 pm

btw I just updated the app on my tablet to the latest version (5.85.4) and it apparently still has the old tree 😱 even tho I have the exact same version on the phone and it's the snake there

now it changed to the snake on the tablet as well

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

I can confirm that I got Camilo's userscript working on www-internal.duolingo.com by simply adding the domain to the @match header.

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:56 pm

Line 7 is this:

Code: Select all

// @match        https://www.duolingo.com/*   

Add (try) this as a new line:

Code: Select all

// @match        https://www-internal.duolingo.com/*

As long as the html div tags within learning/practice sessions are the same on this website like with the original tree design on the old Duolingo (pre path/snake), Camilo's Tree Enhancer userscript code will probably (should) be working.

misterjaytee
Great Britain

Post by misterjaytee »

DaliborNovy wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:44 pm

If you want to practice one specific skill, you can use the graph "XP per Skill (4 weeks)" - https://duome.eu/dalibornovy/progress/ . It is even better than the skill tree and its broken skills. They never worked well.

Thankyou so much for this. The new snake journey is so bad it has stunted my learning. With the skill tree I would often go over what I've learned and re-do some of the earlier modules. So getting the skill tree back, albeit via Duome, will help me pick up the pace again.

Toucan
United States of America

Post by Toucan »

I can't get to my progress page anymore.

Is it just me?

Deleted User 114

Post by Deleted User 114 »

Toucan wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:26 am

I can't get to my progress page anymore.

Is it just me?

It seems other users are having the same problem also.

Toucan
United States of America

Post by Toucan »

Thanks!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Cap wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:44 pm

When working with the new path homescreen I recommend to use the web version in your Firefox browser and to clean all nuisances by using the Add-On uBlock Origin. This Add-On works fine in Firefox, you can also try it with Chrome or Opera Browsers.

Does this work for those pictures they now have at the end? I only want to block the cartoons. The statistics are fine.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

Sadly, it seems that the old/tree versions of Duolingo are reaching the end of their life.

Logging in today, I was surprised to see that Duolingo ate a lot of my recent progress on the French tree.

Yesterday I was more or less in the middle of the 8th unit (with gold all the way to the end of unit 7, and 11 open skills in unit 8 at different levels of completion), today all of the Unit 8 was grey, and unit 7 was half gold and half grey, with a single skill open. On Duome it shows my proper progress, but the app set me back at least 15 skills. (The path/website has had me stuck on unit 112 out of 209 since the first day I saw the path on the website, it never recorded any of my progress on the tree/app).

I did not see another option but to test out of Checkpoint 8 in order to access the skills that I had already completed. Now they are all at level 1, including the 15 skills that used to be golden. I'm not going to re-gold the stuff that is already gold in my mind (and on Duome), but I plan to redo most of the lost progress in Unit 8. Duome shows that one is gold, two are at level 3, another two at level 2, and the rest at level 1, so not a huge amount of work lost there.

If this major hiccup has happened, more hiccups are probably on the way.

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

Gunslinger
United States of America

Post by Gunslinger »

I'm a little upset with this latest change. Scrolling with the new snake system was ridiculous. So I don't mind that they sectionalized it.

What upsets me is that they weren't able to keep me where I was in my progression. Somehow it dropped me in the middle of the another section. I have no idea how or why it did that.

As I've stated in other threads, I'm a paying member and, as a paying member you'd think you can get some help and have this fixed. But I'm sure my bug reports and emails just go in a cesspool of crap... and never answered or even looked at.

Maybe it's time to let my subscription run out and move on to something better like 1:1 live lessons. Besides dealing with this kind of nonsense, I'm really getting tires of their weird sentences. They were fun, at times, early on. Now that I'm further along and the sentences are more complex, if someone said them to me in my native English tongue, I would ask them to repeat what they said!

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

Stasia wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:29 am

Sadly, it seems that the old/tree versions of Duolingo are reaching the end of their life.

Interesting. I just looked at my Duome, and since that day when Duolingo ate my progress, now Duome has trouble understand what lessons I'm doing altogether. This is from the day when it was still business as usual. Note that something got corrupted that day, as the top lesson should be a legendary skill, so it should be listed as a specific lesson (another Career 2), but instead is listed as gibberish:

And below is from today, and it is all gibberish. The 50 pts checkpoints are indeed checkpoints, I decided to start burning through the endless checkpoints on the path on the website to shorten the snake to something manageable (I will stop when I encounter some new/unknown material). Gibberish lessons below are on the tree/app, those are the same kinds of lessons, practices, and legendary lessons that should have names and numbers like the lessons on the previous screenshot:

...But even though the names on the raw data list are gibberish, the colors on my Duome tree are right, showing the different colors for the skills I worked on today. So at least that still works.

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

@Stasia, it looks like a new ID set. I think @duome might know what to do.

Native: 🇨🇿ㅤ Learning: 🇺🇸 🇫🇷DuomeDuolingoDuoBooster

duome

Post by duome »

Thanks, yes, it's a new set, normally they should get registered on their own (they are now).

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

duome wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:22 am

Thanks, yes, it's a new set, normally they should get registered on their own (they are now).

Yes they are, I see the names of the lessons where gibberish used to be. Thank you! <3

Return to “Duolingo”