Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

I want x language

Joybelles
Australia

Afrikaans

Post by Joybelles »

Please add Afrikaans to Duolingo. Is this likely to happen?

dakanga

I want x language

Post by dakanga »

We are a world wide community that comes together to learn languages, and support people in learning languages.

This community is not run by Duolingo, and if you have requests for another language/product produced by Duolingo, this is not the place to ask for it. However it is the place to talk about languages - including languages not covered by Duolingo. And this is also a place to critically, on the positive and negative, to have a discussion about Duolingo products. Realizing we are all different and it is good we have different needs and appreciations. Different things are better and worse for different people.

It is also a place to share other language learning resources.

Luis von Ahn, CEO of Duoligo, said in Nov 2022

"Luis von Ahn" wrote:

At the moment we aren't adding many new languages, because we are concentrating on improving the languages we do support. One last thing to note is that 50% of our users are learning English, and Spanish and French combined account for another 25%. Most of the languages that people request would account for much less than 1% of our users.

This is currently the latest statement I am aware of by Duolingo on its chances to develop and release another language.
But who knows ? Let's keep hoping.

So - please, use this post to talk about languages you would wish Duolingo had.
And maybe - perhaps go that step further, and share other free resources for learning the target language you would like.

Also, we are a volunteer community who believe in assisting language learning. We are not staffed by people from Duolingo.

Perhaps read some more of the posts in our forums and get to know our community. And perhaps even consider being part of assisting in creating resources and interesting discussions on Afrikaans

Related topic : viewtopic.php?t=8431-please-add-iceland ... uo-courses

dakanga

Re: Afrikaans

Post by dakanga »

IceVajal
Germany

Re: I want x language

Post by IceVajal »

I recommend to check out this site:

https://lindiebotes.com/afrikaans-resources/

Lindie Botes has collected some resources and as she is a native speaker of Afrikaans she might have some good advice for learners. Especially in her videos.

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

uralicnomad
Hungary

Post by uralicnomad »

dakanga wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:10 am

can people recommend others ?

Watch Lethal Weapon 2 :lol:

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Return to “Languages not yet covered...”