Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Friends on path

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Onefrazzledmom
United States of America

Friends on path

Post by Onefrazzledmom »

My husband can see me on his path and other friends. However, I can’t see anyone on my path. Is this a setting? It looks like all of our settings are the same.

Deleted User 4833

Re: Friends on path

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

No idea. I just started noticing certain, but not all, friends on my path.

FurbyZeKat
Switzerland

Post by FurbyZeKat »

It's another A/B testing that only some users can experiment.

I've understood that you can see friends on the path but their position is only relative to your own path (i.e. a percentage) because they may not be on the same course.

It would be fun it showed only people on the same course, but I would better have improvements on orphan languages.

N French C1 English B2 German B1 Esperanto L Turkish

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

Right, I see friends on the paths of languages we are both learning. I don't see friends who are learning different languages from the ones I am learning.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

Along the website path there are only Zari, Duo, Eddy, Junior ... as companions. They keep quiet while DL does not reactivate animations.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@Onefrazzledmom I've moved this to discussions. Hopefully more people will see this that way! Welcome to Duome! :D

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

tooraloorali

Post by tooraloorali »

Interesting! Can you share a screenshot of where in the app or on the website you can see friends on the path?

I'm curious to see if I can find any of my friends. I bet they would only show up on the same language. They're miles ahead of me though, I wonder if they'd even be visible..

Return to “Duolingo”