Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Your guide to legendary

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

Corinnebelle

Your guide to legendary

Post by Corinnebelle »

Legendary skill levels are based on the system of 3 hearts. Lose them all and you lose the test. That's only two mistakes you can make before you lose your last heart. You will need 10 lingots per test. Those lingots add up to quite a bit for free users.

Check out this site and look at the skills for your language. Now multiply that by 40 and you have an idea of the amount of lingots needed for your course. That is if you don't fail a test and have to retake it. Legendary appears to have an upper limit of 4 tests per skill, so 4x10 will give you a rough estimate of how many lingots you need.

In the newer courses you usually have 4 lessons per skill but older course aren't arranged in that fashion. I have between 1-9 lessons per skill in one of my languages. That is why duolingocrowns is so handy!

How to optimize those lingots?

I recommend hitting the practice button and giving it a few runs. Even if you don't earn Xp you will earn that back when you get that legendary right.

Since the practice may not touch on the words you aren't quite up on, I recommend daKanga's word list [Save your word list now, hopefully we might have something here soon though.] to check that. Pick your language and look at the skill you're working on. Do you know all those words? Has one slipped your memory? A little manual review doesn't hurt as well as the duo practice for that skill.

As a side note I noticed a sentence in legendary that wasn't in that skill. It was an alternate answer for a question in that skill with a word in the target language that hadn't been taught in that skill. I don't know how often that occurs. But it was teaching moment for me. However one's lingots can be shot in that way. I don't know if there is a reporting button for such sentences.

And now to earning those lingots you will NEED! Here's the latest info on that!

ActivityLingots
Leveling up¹ Earn 1 lingot
Finishing a skill Earn 2 lingots for finishing a new skill
Daily GoalEarn a random amount of lingots (between 1 and 5) for reaching your daily goal
10 day streaksEarn 1 lingot for every 10 days on a streak (1 for 10, 2 for 20, etc)

Note: Lingots are not awarded when you use a tree shortcut to level up or finish a skill.

EDIT:
¹ The shop says we get 1 lingot for leveling up a skill, but I've just tested it, and it's 2. I'm assuming this means that the info displayed in the shop is out of date.

Thanks to Guidepost in the recently ended. DailyDuo OPEN THREAD [20210919]

All the best and get to legendaring!

Plus users won't need these tips.

Originally posted on Duolingo, October 11, 2021

Last edited by Corinnebelle on Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Dovili22
United States of America

Re: Your guide to legendary

Post by Dovili22 »

Thanks. This topic has been very well explained.

D o r a

Olgainna
Ukraine

Post by Olgainna »

Спасибо, понятно.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

Quote: "Check out this site and look at lessons for your language."

Thanks for the reference. That comes in handy before a skill is open or after you got it to gold. However for the legendary crown, the number of tests may differ.

• Some very hard skills (10 lessons per crown until gold for Swedish) only require 4 test lessons for the legendary crown.

• There are a few very easy skills (1 lesson / crown until gold for Portuguese). For the legendary level, those skills remain less challenging, with one single test for the legendary crown.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

SweNedGuy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:01 pm

Quote: "Check out this site and look at lessons for your language."

Thanks for the reference. That comes in handy before a skill is open or after you got it to gold. However for the legendary crown, the number of tests may differ.

• Some very hard skills (10 lessons per crown until gold for Swedish) only require 4 test lessons for the legendary crown.

• There are a few very easy skills (1 lesson / crown until gold for Portuguese). For the legendary level, those skills remain less challenging, with one single test for the legendary crown.

Yes, it seem four is the limit of lessons with legendary per skill. Thanks for the tip, I updated my post.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

yvonne918378

Post by yvonne918378 »

my problem is that although I'm earning lingots they're rarely added to my account so I can't often do legendary. Today I should have got 40 or 60 lingots. How do I report this to duolingo?

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

yvonne918378 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:40 pm

my problem is that although I'm earning lingots they're rarely added to my account so I can't often do legendary. Today I should have got 40 or 60 lingots. How do I report this to duolingo?

If you work both on the app and with the website, Duolingo may behave as two different programs. I never use the app and my lingots are added as stipulated above by Corinebelle. The app adds gems and only few lingots. Gems are not interchangeable for lingots.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

yvonne918378

Post by yvonne918378 »

I only use my laptop. I worked hard yesterday and was told at least twice I'd earned 20 lingots but only 4 showing...

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

yvonne918378 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:03 am

I only use my laptop. I worked hard yesterday and was told at least twice I'd earned 20 lingots but only 4 showing...

I would send Duolingo a bug report, with screen shots showing your number of lingots earned and the number of lingots before and after. Also time stamp it so they can see you didn't spend any.

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”