Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

you have a typo

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Corinnebelle

Re: you have a typo

Post by Corinnebelle »

Saperlipopette! wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:05 am

As if wasn't wasn't a word. It isn't? Wasn't it your tile ?

This is very annoying! Why do they give you those tiles and then accuse you of typos?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

What I don't understand is this one:

Typo 1.jpg
Typo 1.jpg (10.19 KiB) Viewed 330 times

It doesn't seem like Duolingo reads Hebrew very well, because the corresponding sentence is:

"הם לא נגדךְ"

I should have a typo here. I wish they would give me the translation even when I got it right because sometimes I don't remember what the word is, especially when they don't mark up the typos. I wondered what this word was. Turns out it means "your grandson", which doesn't fit the sentence.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

Corinnebelle wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:50 am

What I don't understand is this one:
Typo 1.jpg

It doesn't seem like Duolingo reads Hebrew very well, because the corresponding sentence is:

"הם לא נגדךְ"

I should have a typo here. I wish they would give me the translation even when I got it right because sometimes I don't remember what the word is, especially when they don't mark up the typos. I wondered what this word was. Turns out it means "your grandson", which doesn't fit the sentence.

That is a weird one. I would have expected either a typo or wrong.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

One definitely cannot help but recognize that after several years of gradual but relentless practice, Duolingo has really become an expert at something, namely getting worse by the minute.

One has only to observe that more and more posts, here at Duome, are about how Duolingo works or doesn't work, about its changes and failures, about reverting or finding ways around the endless but ever-growing list of unsavory features, etc., than about language questions.

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]JudieLC[/mention] I get those from time to time. I managed to catch this one.

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

Here's another one. But the characters mouths were moving when they said the French and I suppose that's what's really important.🤫

delldm
Venezuela

Re: I don't agarre there's only one way to write in English

Post by delldm »

I have found many times that duolingo keeps on focusing in just one way to translate or confirming an answer... I have failed several times as 2 last times happened and i took two picture as a prove. But i don't find a way to upload them... I AM new here and it is my first post.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Hi @delldm welcome! :) If you use the full editor and preview you'll see a tab at the bottom when you scroll down that says attachments. You can upload from there.

Return to “Duolingo”