Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[ARCHIVE] Why are you learning Hebrew?

Moderator: Corinnebelle

Forum rules

General Terms of Use
Hebrew Quick Links : New Posts / Unread posts / My own posts

Corinnebelle

[ARCHIVE] Why are you learning Hebrew?

Post by Corinnebelle »

SonyDash1 wrote:

As an Israeli, I've wondered why would a man (or woman, of course) decide one day to learn Hebrew. The only place where you can really use it is Israel, which is really not such of a worth. Besides that, Hebrew itself is a mess and not as easy to learn or useful than most other languages. So, why?

Archive of comments

Archived for nostalgic reasons.

Last edited by Corinnebelle on Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Tikvah_18

Re: Why are you learning Hebrew?

Post by Tikvah_18 »

It's a challenge. :D

Native :portugal:ㅤFluent :uk: :fr:ㅤFocusing on :es: :israel:Duolingo levels

Knowledge of languages is the doorway to wisdom. ~ Roger Bacon

Corinnebelle

Re: Why are you learning Hebrew?

Post by Corinnebelle »

Indeed! :D

Are you Jewish?

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 7169

Re: [ARCHIVE] Why are you learning Hebrew?

Post by Deleted User 7169 »

I’m learning Hebrew because I’m Jewish and want to be more connected to my culture and spirituality seeing as Hebrew in our holy language. Being able to understand Hebrew helps me to say Hebrew prayers, communicate with fellow Jews more effectively and it basically makes me feel like a real Jew in general being able to speak, think and read the holy tongue.

Deleted User 5745

Post by Deleted User 5745 »

I simply love the letters! They're so clear and easy to read unlike one of my other languages - Chinese.
I just think it's a most beautiful script it feels so ancient and draws me into a peaceful state, even just doing my beginners lessons on Duolingo.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Raymond-The-Cat wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:14 am

I simply love the letters! They're so clear and easy to read unlike one of my other languages - Chinese.
I just think it's a most beautiful script it feels so ancient and draws me into a peaceful state, even just doing my beginners lessons on Duolingo.

It's good to have a new Hebrew learner here! :)

Deleted User 5745

Post by Deleted User 5745 »

@Corinnebelle Thank you. I'm really excited to learn!

caughttoast
United States of America

Post by caughttoast »

I originally wanted to learn so that I could read the old testament in its original form and glean some of the meanings that were lost in the English translation but after I learned a little bit I just like the language and want to be able to speak it. Also now that I'm learning it I might as well visit Israel so your language brought me in as a tourist.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

caughttoast wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:26 pm

I originally wanted to learn so that I could read the old testament in its original form and glean some of the meanings that were lost in the English translation but after I learned a little bit I just like the language and want to be able to speak it.

Me too! :) I just reposted the article, but yes I'm enamored with Hebrew too!

Return to “Hebrew”