Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

No longer accumulating crowns on duome

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

Athenais21st
United States of America

No longer accumulating crowns on duome

Post by Athenais21st »

I noticed that I've stopped accumulating crowns on duome over the past few weeks even I've continued doing completing lessons and units in Duolingo. I can't tell if this is a coincidence based on which lessons on the snake I'm completing , or if the crown-counting abilities have really shut down.

FurbyZeKat
Switzerland

Re: No longer accumulating crowns on duome

Post by FurbyZeKat »

I think it's ok for me, I do not look often at crowns since they disappeared from the common indicators on the Duolingo app, but the numbers on Duome seems correct, and the tree presentation with crown counters on the progress page is in line with my progression on the path.

N French C1 English B2 German B1 Esperanto L Turkish

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, [mention]Athenais21st[/mention], I will tell you that I refresh the pages often, because sometimes I had a similar problem and the crowns (which I value very much!) were not added. :(

Now all crowns are counted correctly! 🙂

My advice is to check also on the "duome" website ( refresh often)

Last edited by Dana_Dany Danuta on Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

Athenais21st
United States of America

Post by Athenais21st »

[mention]Dana_Dany Danuta[/mention] I do refresh my duome profile frequently, but it has been over a month since I've seen my total crown count increase although I've been studying steadily.

Last edited by Athenais21st on Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Working on a path (new Api) also increases crowns numbers on the internal Duolingo backend, really??

I can confirm total course crowns and skill crown levels are getting increased and Duome sees that updated data from the backend with the refresh of the progress page.

But I was completing skill lessons and gaining crowns on the Android V5.52.5 app (old tree, hence old Api).

The website has got the old /skill/... Url code removed.

I'm somehow not surprised that the new /lesson snake Web Api doesn't necessarily modify old skill/crown data.
But I haven't verified either how compatible the new path Urls and completion of words and units remaps to old Web tree and crown data in the "extended user profile".

Duome can only pull off that tree data from our extended user profiles.
If there are itself any incompatibilities on the Duolingo server side for A) path/snake vs B) old tree/crowns then we can't be surprised that no updated tree data gets polled by the Duome progress page.

I'm curious: Where do you see any benefit using the limited Snake Web page vs old Android tree app especially since the Web portal has more often removed the typing option and basically forces you into word banks with no keyboard toggle option?

I had to shift to the smartphone anyway and VTT (Voice to text / Speech to text) for target translation exercises with Gboard magically works more accurate on the app than on Firefox Nightly, dunno why.

[mention]Athenais21st[/mention]
Is this what you're seeing/missing when playing around with their new path Urls and just focusing on the Web portal?

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Athenais21st[/mention] I don't think the snake gives you crowns.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Athenais21st
United States of America

Post by Athenais21st »

[mention]Thomas.Heiss[/mention] I ran a test by starting Portuguese. I completed one circle/lesson, then gilded it. The column on the right-hand side of my duome profile showed 1/550 under crowns for Portuguese, but the accumulated crown count across all languages remained stuck at 1667.

My crown count in French has also been stuck for a while, but I think that might be because I had completed the tree to L2 as of December 7, with roughly half the tree at legendary and the rest a mix of L3, L4, and L5. Maybe I'm still not past where I was before the switch because the lessons are rearranged.

Personally I don't mind the word bank because I've always had poor fine motor skills and cannot type or text quickly. My brain works much faster than I can type, and I get frustrated slogging through the keypad. I'm a Mac/iPhone user, so I have no experience with Android. I primarily use my phone for Duolingo because I like to practice while on mass transit.

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”