Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Has Duolingo stopped allowing two open pages?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

nEjh0qr4
United States of America

Has Duolingo stopped allowing two open pages?

Post by nEjh0qr4 »

Hi! I'm very tech-illiterate and not even sure this is the correct place to ask this, so please bear with me.

I always open two copies of website Duolingo on my desktop computer, one with the "Guidebook" page of the unit I'm working on, and one with the snake screen so I can work on the exercises. Today, a "maintenance break" showed up on both screens. When I returned later, I was able to open the Guidebook screen, and move from it to the snake screen, but not able to open a second copy of the program (it stalls on the "loading" screen). Is it possible that Duolingo is actually preventing more than one open copy of the program?

Having written it down, this sounds like a silly question, but I'm now afraid to log out of Duolingo in case--when trying to log in again--I won't be able to get past the loading screen at all, even for one copy. I guess I would feel better if I knew that Duolingo just doesn't want two open copies by one user for some reason.

Does anyone know the answer? And, if I should be asking in a different place, will you please let me know?

Deleted User 114

Re: Has Duolingo stopped allowing two open pages?

Post by Deleted User 114 »

Oddly enough, the same thing happened to me. I opened two Duolingo tabs, one of the homescreen, the other of a guidebook. After about 5 seconds both tabs froze.

It may be purposeful on duolingo’s part, but it also could be a glitch or problem. You can report a bug to Duolingo, it wouldn’t hurt to try.

I moved your post to troubleshooting if you don’t mind. :)

nEjh0qr4
United States of America

Post by nEjh0qr4 »

Thanks for the reply--I really appreciated knowing I wasn't alone out here!

I now think Duolingo was still working on whatever they started on the 13th. When I tried a bug report last night, my remaining log-in was disconnected (my greatest fear!) but all has returned today! (So happy!)

Also, thanks for moving my post--I had not posted to trouble-shooting because my issue was with Duolingo, not Duome. Now, I'll quit being intimidated by the original instruction not to use that forum for Duolingo issues! :)

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Two Web pages open work here on mobile (Firefox Nightly V108.0a1, Android).
Nothing freezes.

Will retry with a newer FF Nightly version on desktop/Windows.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

nEjh0qr4
United States of America

Post by nEjh0qr4 »

I upgraded to FF 110.0 (64 bit) on my desktop yesterday, to see if older FF was the problem. It didn't help then, but I also have had no problem today. Just being grateful now!

Return to “Duolingo”