Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Today is Duome's birthday!

Corinnebelle

Today is Duome's birthday!

Post by Corinnebelle »

Looking at members you'll see [mention]duome[/mention] joined this forum as the administrator on February 8th 2022. Members starting joining the next day after it was announced on Duolingo.

Happy Birthday Duome!

In one year starting from zero, we now have 5708 members and a total of 6144 topics. We have a great community and a growing numbers of active forums. New members join every day. Just looking at the reads on posts we know we have a lot of readers. Check out the views in Discussion. "Big changes coming to a Duolingo home screen near you!" coming to Duolingo has 23,317 views.

Here's hoping Duome thrives and continues in its second year of life.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Explorer
Portugal

Re: Today is Duome's birthday!

Post by Explorer »

Happy Birthday / Feliz aniversário Duome!

I'm the member nº 28 :shock:

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Happy birthday, forum.duome.eu

Félicitations à nous tous

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Explorer wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:19 am

Happy Birthday / Feliz aniversário Duome!

I'm the member nº 28 :shock:

How can you see your user number?

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Steve579062

Post by Steve579062 »

Happy Birthday from UK.
Hope you continue to grow.

Thank you for all your help and the community of learners.

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

Deleted User 1414

Post by Deleted User 1414 »

Happy birthday💐 :)
Congratulations💐 :)

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

🌹 Wszystkiego najlepszego, forum.duome.eu

Happy Birthday Duome! :)

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

duome

Post by duome »

MoniqueMaRie wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:05 am

#1 = anonymous (no idea why)
#2 = administrator
Usernames through #57 are bots
Real usernames start with #58 which is effectively #2, so you would have to subtract 56 to get the number
You get yours from your profile link: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=487-moniquemarie - it's 487 minus 56 =431

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

duome wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:21 pm
MoniqueMaRie wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:05 am

#1 = anonymous (no idea why)
#2 = administrator
Usernames through #57 are bots
Real usernames start with #58 which is effectively #2, so you would have to subtract 56 to get the number
You get yours from your profile link: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=487-moniquemarie - it's 487 minus 56 =431

And I thought [mention]Explorer[/mention] counted down the members from the beginning to get his number. I'll try the 56 for myself. I'm member 47. I didn't feel like counting all the way to that! Thanks for the tip!

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

Happy Birthday DuoMe :D
Am I silly in hoping that before the next one, we have recreated DuoLingo as it used to be, when it cared about users and not profit?

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but not sure how to complete it all since I'm out of gems due to refusing to pay for the Snake :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image

Dovili22
United States of America

Post by Dovili22 »

Happy birthday DUOME!
THANKS

D o r a

Deleted User 3754

Post by Deleted User 3754 »

Last edited by Deleted User 3754 on Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacko079
United States of America

Post by Jacko079 »

Cap wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:47 pm
SansEspoir wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:16 am

Happy Birthday DuoMe :D
Am I silly in hoping that before the next one, we have recreated DuoLingo as it used to be, when it cared about users and not profit?

As I was told by others the old DL forum hadn't always been a pleasant place for everyone:
shadowbanning, downvoting of threads, toxic moderation...

I don’t miss shadowbanning! Hopefully things like that never happen here.

I'm missing a section for general topics, that aren't strictly language related.

The forums Random thoughts and Discussions are used for non-language related topics. Though I think the the L&L forum does do a better job with fun topics. If other users want, maybe we can work on that a bit here. :)

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

If this large library continues to grow and is visited by people who want to read information in silence, I find this absolutely ok.
And as you, [mention]Jacko079[/mention] say: there is always the possibility of introducing other topics. You just have to find others who join in.

With language-related topics, most of my questions were answered quite quickly, sometimes with a link to a saved Duolingo discussion.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]MoniqueMaRie[/mention] I've been able to get some very good help with my language studies here too! :)

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

As I was told by others the old DL forum hadn't always been a pleasant place for everyone:
shadowbanning, downvoting of threads, toxic moderation...

Oh I wasn't particularly thinking of the forums when I made my comment. But sure, an improved version of them wouldn't hurt.

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but not sure how to complete it all since I'm out of gems due to refusing to pay for the Snake :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image

Deleted User 5745

Post by Deleted User 5745 »

Yes - Happy Birthday Duome! I'm a bit late to the party, sorry. Must say I DID enjoy the End of Forum Party on Duolingo. Loud music, lots of finger food - we had a ball!
From what I can tell, you've been celebrating quietly ... I guess the cake just wasn't big enough for all of us ...

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Raymond-The-Cat[/mention] I totally forgot about a cake.

Here it is:
![](https://www.theknot.com/tk-media/images ... e~rs_729.h)

I know this is supposed to be a wedding cake, but it is so cute! Duolingo and Duome are the two owls on the cake.

Deleted User 5745

[mention]Corinnebelle[/mention] LoL! I always knew those two were more than just friends ...

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Raymond-The-Cat wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:24 am

@Corinnebelle LoL! I always knew those two were more than just friends ...

Perhaps it is more like parent and child. One couldn't exist without the other...

Deleted User 5745

No way. Duo and Duome have always been in caHOOTS. Married couple for sure ...

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

Within the wave of early adopters, I registered for the DuoMe forum exactly one year ago. (On Valentine's day 2022).
During the past year I have written many more posts on this forum than I had ever written on the DL forum.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

SweNedGuy wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:23 pm

Within the wave of early adopters, I registered for the DuoMe forum exactly one year ago. (On Valentine's day 2022).
During the past year I have written many more posts on this forum than I had ever written on the DL forum.

Wow! Well you know your post means something here and it won't disappear like posts disappeared on Duolingo if they didn't catch someone's eye in a hurry.

Return to “Random Thoughts”