Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

💔 Thoughts for Turkish and Syrian earthquake victims 💔

Corinnebelle

💔 Thoughts for Turkish and Syrian earthquake victims 💔

Post by Corinnebelle »

:cry: :cry: Just thinking of those people affected by that massive earthquake in Turkey and Syria. [Actually two earthquakes plus many more.] The situation is terrible. My heart is sad thinking of all those lives lost and those people who survived. :cry: :cry:

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

buho

Re: Thoughts for Turkish and Syrian earthquake victims

Post by buho »

it's not one earthquake. there have been at least 100+ recorded earthquakes in the region since yesterday.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

buho wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:23 pm

it's not one earthquake. there have been at least 100+ recorded earthquakes in the region since yesterday.

How terrible! Experiencing a 7.8 magnitude earthquake is nothing short of terrifying!

🙏🏾❤️ Bu zor günlerde Allah yanlarında olsun ❤️🙏🏾

The USGS page is listing only up to 5.5 magnitud quakes. The earthquaketrack page shows a more complete record.

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

MustafaOuz526752

Post by MustafaOuz526752 »

The past two days have been heartbreaking. My family and I were thankfully on the safe side, but my relatives got hit close by the epicenter. The first 14 hours of trying to reach out to them were anxious. The death toll has reached 5,000+ as of now, and unfortunately, more to come as we are only now entering Hatay, the province that was presumably affected the most :cry:

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

MustafaOuz526752 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:48 pm

The past two days have been heartbreaking. My family and I were thankfully on the safe side, but my relatives got hit close by the epicenter. The first 14 hours of trying to reach out to them were anxious. The death toll has reached 5,000+ as of now, and unfortunately, more to come as we are only now entering Hatay, the province that was presumably affected the most :cry:

I'm so sorry. Hoping that your extended family members are safe.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

I am really happy to hear from you! 😊

I have been thinking of you, hoping all is well with you and your loved ones, and wishing you all the best 🍀

Yes, the first few hours in the aftermath of natural disasters are chaotic, hectic and stressful, but I'm confident that all of you will work together to overcome this situation and rise up as a more united people 💪🌈

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I'm so glad you and your family are safe! :D I hope your family has what they need for living after the aftermath of the quake.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

MustafaOuz526752

Post by MustafaOuz526752 »

[/quote]

JudieLC wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:40 pm

I'm so sorry. Hoping that your extended family members are safe.

gmads wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:57 pm

I am really happy to hear from you! 😊

I have been thinking of you, hoping all is well with you and your loved ones, and wishing you all the best 🍀

Corinnebelle wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:30 pm

I'm so glad you and your family are safe! :D I hope your family has what they need for living after the aftermath of the quake.

Thank all of you for your well-wishes and kind words ❤️ They mean a lot in these troubling times. And thank heavens my relatives are all safe and sound. They are facing temporary food and water shortages right now, but that's their only trouble.

gmads wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:57 pm

Yes, the first few hours in the aftermath of natural disasters are chaotic, hectic and stressful, but I'm confident that all of you will work together to overcome this situation and rise up as a more united people 💪🌈

Yes, hopefully, this disaster will teach us for the better and we will strive for even more unity than before!

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Re: 💔 Thoughts for Turkish and Syrian earthquake victims 💔

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

The earthquakes that hit Turkey and Syria are terrible! 😨

😔 I am deeply saddened 😢 and sympathize with these affected people.
Specialized rescuers with dogs and appropriate equipment flew there from Poland to help rescue people trapped under the rubble.

🙏 ... and I pray for the strength of survival for the people who survived this cataclysm ... 🙏

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

..Renad
Oman

Post by ..Renad »

Yes, this is very sad . . 😥💔

allah yarhamuhum and give them patience . .

وترى ظُروفَ الأمسِ صارت بلسَمًا
وهي التي أَعيَتْك حينَ تعسّرتْ

رِنــاد

Deleted User 1414

Post by Deleted User 1414 »

It is also widely reported on TV here. I am very worried.

Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

Just read that there was a "big" earthquake in Wales last night. Nobody hurt, and here, not that far away from it, I now remember (at about that time) a rickety old outbuilding making a slight weird creaking noise and a few car/house alarms going off in the distance. So trivial that it might even have been a coincidence.

And there was I...lazily glugging a drink in the garden while listening to a radio talk show and watchng the stars wheel past...idly wondering whether to eat that extra peppered steakish thing or save it for a oonvenient sandwich tomorrow.

After the recent tragedies in Turkey and Syria et al, I count my pampered blessings anew.

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

There have been two more earthquakes in Turkey! :( This is really tough.

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

The tragic earthquake that hit Turkey and Syria must not be repeated in Poland, experts emphasize.
We are an aseismic country naturally. Tremors due to mining activities occur much more often.

Historically, the largest earthquake in Poland occurred on June 5, 1443, between the river Ślęza and Strzelin. The magnitude 6 earthquake caused extensive damage to churches and tenement houses in Wrocław, Kraków and Brzeg. There were also fatalities.

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

A story of survivors

Return to “Random Thoughts”