Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

"It's good to see you again"??!!

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

JudieLC
United States of America

"It's good to see you again"??!!

Post by JudieLC »

The Duolingo app was offline for a "quick maintenance break" for over an hour this morning.
When it came back and logged me back in I got this:

Welcome back??!!
I was on the site last night. I came in 3rd in the Diamond league. I don't know if whatever Duolingo did wiped out my progress or how to proceed past that screen.

The only other time I got that screen was when I quite Duolingo for 2 years and then came back so I'm quite confused.

Should I do the mini review? Ignore it and see what happened? Or what?

Help?

JudieLC
United States of America

Re: "It's good to see you again"??!!

Post by JudieLC »

I decided to relaunch the app and it doesn't seem to have lost my progress and didn't show me the "Haven't seen you for a while screen" again, so hopefully there are no issues.

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

On a related note, I see a lot of folks complaining to Duolingo on Twitter that they lost their streak, etc. during the maintenance.

Very weird.

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

Meli578588 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:45 pm

I lost the old tree on the maintenance .
I have no idea how to use the new path , so I will lose my streak , which I kept since I joined.

The internal Duolingo is gone for me now.

Does the old tree still work for others ?

No the tree doesn't work anymore.

But I don't see why you would lose your streak. Just keep doing lessons on the snake. When you click on Learn on your account, it will show you which lesson is next. What's lost is that you can no longer chose among different lesson topics, the way you could in the tree.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Hi [mention]Meli578588[/mention] if you want, you can go public with your Duolingo account for a few minutes and update your Duome account. Switch through all the languages you want to practice and hit refresh on Duome for each, you might need to do that for Duolingo too. Once you're done, you can go private again and then use Duome's progress page to practice with.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Meli578588 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:57 pm

P.S.
I am on Duome right now. It doesn’t let me do anything. It just shows languages, crowns and my XP the points.

I don’t have a cool tree like you do. 🙂

So you have to click on a language and wait for it to load to get to progress for that tree. What's your Duolingo username? Couldn't find it.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I see you Japanese tree here. I'm not sure how this works. But the languages that link you can access the tree on. The other ones need to be sync with Duolingo to work. Yay, you've still got your streak, you're about 40 days ahead of me.

Is it possible to start new skills on the tree? [mention]duome[/mention]

duome

Post by duome »

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:00 am

Is it possible to start new skills on the tree? @duome

Depends..

It depends on Duolingo. Sometimes it works, sometimes I do complete a lesson, click through the closing screens but in the end Duolingo just keeps "thinking" for over a minute and... nothing happens. I don't even get xp points for the lesson I just practiced. The most advanced skills are much more likely to get stuck like this, but when I go back to the basics - all of my attempts would be counted, xp gained. Weird...

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

duome wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:43 pm
Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:00 am

Is it possible to start new skills on the tree? @duome

Depends..

It depends on Duolingo. Sometimes it works, sometimes I do complete a lesson, click through the closing screens but in the end Duolingo just keeps "thinking" for over a minute and... nothing happens. I don't even get xp points for the lesson I just practiced. The most advanced skills are much more likely to get stuck like this, but when I go back to the basics - all of my attempts would be counted, xp gained. Weird...

I've had that happen to me, when I don't gain a dot for a lesson. Seems to only happen when there is an internet disconnection on my end. It still lists I did the lesson in the raw data, gives me XP as noted here, it just doesn't advance. But I haven't tried to open new skills with Duome. I always used internal.duolingo for the first lesson.

Gottogetout
France

Post by Gottogetout »

Wow. Days streak, or even trees were lost for some people? Sad.
My suggestion : Don't stick to much to days streaks.
A streak is only something symbolic in the end.
It can be nice for some time, but the day you lose it, for any reason, you feel bad. It's better to not give to much importance to a streak. I've personally decided to break my 369 days now, intentionally.
What matters to me is to be able to continue training with Duo, among others ways of immersion.
I remember a woman who was complaining once on the forum because she "lost" a 2 years streak. When you lose a streak you don't lose anything.

🇪🇸 Español 🇫🇷 Français (Bilingual) - 🇺🇸 English (Fluent) - 🇩🇪 Deutsch 🇮🇹 Italiano, 🇧🇷 Português (Exposing to, acquiring) 🇷🇺 русский Image عربي (initiated, very interested)

Deleted User 5745

Post by Deleted User 5745 »

My duome account is not adding my crowns or lingots. I am highly traumatized and cannot eat or drink. When I sleep all I see is a green owl running off with my crowns - and spending all my lingots.
Suggestions anybody?

Steve579062

Post by Steve579062 »

Raymond-The-Cat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:45 pm

I am highly traumatized and cannot eat or drink. When I sleep all I see is a green owl running off with my crowns - and spending all my lingots.
Suggestions anybody?

Lie down in a dark and quiet room. Close your eyes and try to imagine plucking feathers from the green chicken with one hand whilst holding its throat with the other !

It works for me. Now When I wake up I find that I am able to communicate with other adults without the need for bad language. I'm even allowed on the bus again. :geek:

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

Steve579062 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:00 pm

Lie down in a dark and quiet room. Close your eyes and try to imagine plucking feathers from the green chicken with one hand whilst holding its throat with the other !

It works for me. Now When I wake up I find that I am able to communicate with other adults without the need for bad language. I'm even allowed on the bus again. :geek:

:lol:

The green chicken needs to be kept in check, for sure. I felt his evil breath on my neck last Sunday, as I was within reach for the bronze.... only to finish #4, mere 10XP behind #3.

And then I remembered that the green chicken only controls me when I allow him to control me. :idea:

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

My duome account is not adding my crowns or lingots. I am highly traumatized and cannot eat or drink. When I sleep all I see is a green owl running off with my crowns - and spending all my lingots.
Suggestions anybody?

For the record, I've noticed a lag between when I launch a lesson off of Duome and when I accumulate XP and lingot. I'm not really paying that much attention to crowns, to be honest, but I haven't noticed that I've lost any. Or if I have, it's not enough for me to notice a difference.

Jacko079
United States of America

Post by Jacko079 »

[mention]Raymond-The-Cat[/mention] This article may be helpful.

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

Deleted User 5745

Thanks! Much appreciated! 😊

Deleted User 5745

Thank you Jacko079! 😁

Deleted User 5745

JudieLC wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:08 pm

Suggestions anybody?

For the record, I've noticed a lag between when I launch a lesson off of Duome and when I accumulate XP and lingot. I'm not really paying that much attention to crowns, to be honest, but I haven't noticed that I've lost any. Or if I have, it's not enough for me to notice a difference.

Thanks! The lag has been for nearly 2 weeks now and I'm missing over 200 crowns and their corresponding lingots.
Hoping it will catch up before the end of the course! 😅

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

I haven’t seen that much of a lag. :D

Deleted User 5745

JudieLC wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:16 am

I haven’t seen that much of a lag. :D

Yes.. I figured that. I'm probably the only one in existence with invisible crowns and lingots. 👻

duome

Post by duome »

Suggestions anybody?

Your "extended profile" shows 72 lingots, I didn't check your your crowns count but as long as your page is not in the "cached mode", it should show exactly the numbers provided by duolingo servers so if the numbers are lagging, we cannot do much but try and figure out why duolingo isn't telling ... the truth about your crowns/lingots :ugeek:

Deleted User 5745

[mention]duome[/mention] Thank you for your reply... I'll see how things go, but it's showing less than half the crowns. I am nearly halfway through one tree alone. I have 411 crowns for that - but now I've done more, they are not being counted either.
Just would like my duome page in order for when I finish my target language before moving on to another.
Just gives a bit of a boost to morale! 😉

Edit: I meant "snake" - not tree!

Deleted User 5745

[mention]Duome[/mention] My crowns have now been added at the top! Many thanks. 😄

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

Wow! I totally don't keep track of crowns, so I have no idea if I've lost any.

Return to “Duolingo”