Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

העגבנייה הזאת לא תהיה טרייה יותר. (en → he)

Moderator: Corinnebelle

sentence bot 🤖

העגבנייה הזאת לא תהיה טרייה יותר. (en → he)

Post by sentence bot 🤖 »

העגבנייה הזאת לא תהיה טרייה יותר.

en: This tomato will no longer be fresh.

Duolingo forum topic: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/21111895

Corinnebelle

Re: העגבנייה הזאת לא תהיה טרייה יותר. (en → he)

Post by Corinnebelle »

We've only learnt tomato with one yod so far. Good to know both spellings, but don't know why I got a typo for that.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:07 am

We've only learnt tomato with one yod so far. Good to know both spellings, but don't know why I got a typo for that.

One of my pet peeves with Duolingo. I've been marked wrong before for using one yud in a word that can legitimately be spelled in Hebrew with either one or two yuds. In modern Hebrew writing I believe two yuds are used in many words that were spelled with only one yud in religious texts. It's a constant joke between me and my spouse, as he learned mostly Biblical Hebrew in Jewish day school and I adapted to the modern Israeli way of writing Hebrew while living in Israel. So he spells words with one yud where I might use two (though I'm not consistent, I admit).

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:07 am

I also write it with one yud. I'm not sure if there's a rule about it.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Return to “Sentence discussions”