Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

www-internal.duolingo.com gone for good?

The Duome Team uses this forum to announce new features, new forums or forum structure changes, developments going on, and other matters you should be aware of.

finnintrov

Re: www-internal.duolingo.com gone for good?

Post by finnintrov »

Steve579062 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:01 am

I was sent a link to an old copy of duo. I have no idea if it work. It could be full of virus. https://duolingo.en.uptodown.com/androi ... 190999 Not my scene. I am nearly ready to leave duo and concentrate on other methods.
If you touch it, you do so at your own risk. ( Remember to wash your hands ) :geek:

This is an apk of OFFICIAL duolingo old app. Not a mod modified app, so you should have no problem.
However files from that website tend to be broken. Some work, some dont. Use this

https://androidapksfree.com/duolingo-ap ... -72-3-apk/

morgainelafee

Post by morgainelafee »

7GLCS6S wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:14 pm
TheChronotope wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:51 pm

Thanks so much. I'm not seeing it. I access [fn] + [F12] on my macbook and the dev tools comes up, but when I load duolingo.com and go to the network tab, then right-click, I don't see an option to block request domain the site. (I don't even see duolingo.com pop up on the list of of pages under Names.) I'm very new to this, and don't know what I'm doing, so I'm afraid of configuring things in such a way that it'll be hard to undo. Alas, @7GLCS6S, I can read a few languages, just not this one,…but thank you. :)

You should see the option to block it in the network tab. I will upload a screenshot so you know what I am talking about. Image

Hi, I just tried blocking duolingo.com but when I do so, it won't let me log in. I already tried blocking the brb and zombie variants with no success. Has anyone been able to access the old trees recently?

Willardsdaughter
United States of America

Post by Willardsdaughter »

Hey guys!!! I managed to recover all the notes from the old tree structure - in Norwegian. I'm about to get them for my other languages. In the meantime, I wanted to post how I did it.

I found this link from Luca-someone in this thread:
https://duome.eu/your-username-here/progress

If you use that link, it will take you to a page that, with a very little scrolling, you will come down to where there are some tabs: to wit: Tree, Skills, Words, Tips and Notes.

If you click on the "Tips and Notes" tab it will take you to ALL THE NOTES for whatever course you were studying when you signed in to Duome.

With "Select All" (for me, Ctrl-A) I got the whole whopping 270 pages, put that in a word document, and with a little finagling I got rid of the first 19 pages, which were basically the Table of Contents. I now have a nice document on my computer that contains all the "Tips and Notes" from the olden days, when there were so many happy little trees, for Norwegian.

I hope this helps someone like me, who is not only still grieving over the loss of the tree, but also the loss of those notes!!!

Happy studying!!!

duome

Post by duome »

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Luca521965
Austria

Post by Luca521965 »

Is www-internal really gone for good now? Until this week I could access the old design on www-internal with the "old html" hack discussed here. But now it appears to not load any lessons anymore. And if I try to open www-internal.duolingo.com in the browser I am no longer redirected to www.duolingo.com. My guess is that so far they had just redirected www-internal while the subdomain and its server were still up and running, but now apparently they took them down.

I will keep checking if it comes back in the next days, but honestly I think that now we really have to say good bye to our beloved old tree.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

@Luca521965

That doesn't sound good.

Have not been using Fiddler 4 injection method myself to get my EN<-PT reverse tree back, not yet, but to be honest I have not truly understood how it works and why it could/can only work on www-internal and not on the main www server farm.

See my related questions here: viewtopic.php?p=60022-progressing-on-duome-tree#p60022

Has it to do that Duolingo staff removed the direct /skill/... url mappings in the html code on the main www servers or even on the web server configuration / mapping level?!??
For the old tree design of course we need them to work.

Here are the recent replies from the other thread I have found:

old434454 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:44 pm

Hmm. Problems complicating. I tried the internal Duolingo + Fiddler trick that I used to use, and tonight it does not seem to work. BUT what I get is a TIMEOUT error, not a 404 page not found error, which is what I would get if they had taken the pages down.
Simultaneously, I noted that my Duome profile is no longer updating, and that my tree is not showing there either. I think someone mentioned that here, has anyone understood why this is happening?? I'm asking because the answer to this second problem could help solving the first...

I'll try again later on from a different and quicker connection. Perhaps there is a problem with Duo's server tonight: Updating my streak took ages on the app too.

DaliborNovy wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:11 am

@old434454 See: viewtopic.php?p=62317-why-did-duome-sto ... ess#p62317

I'm sure the workaround using HTML archive won't work anymore. Remapping the Path to a Tree is the only possible way. But very useful, especially for practicing after completing the Path. For new versions of courses, however, it will be necessary to develop new special Trees.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Return to “Announcements by Duome”