Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Resources for the sound of each letter - can you help ?

Moderators: The_lost, Jacko079

dakanga

Resources for the sound of each letter - can you help ?

Post by dakanga »

The Arabic alphabet has 28 letters
Each letter has a sound and name.
The sound of the letter is the first sound of the name.

This resource - it is fantastic - including - and especially - due to it's images of how the sound is created by a human.

Do others have some other recommendations - especially ones that include audio links to the sounds.

And also that perhaps provide suggested memory clues on how - as English speaker - you can remember and produce especially, the sound of the letter.

Such as by ...
Memory palaces - mnemonic clues/stories - methods of loci.

Thank you - in great appreciation, for those that contribute to this discussion.

Jacko079
United States of America

Re: Resources for the sound of each letter - can you help ?

Post by Jacko079 »

I have found this image to be very helpful to me. 🙂

source

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

Steve579062

Post by Steve579062 »

I struggle with placing the tongue and trying to speak. One method I do favour is from Pimsleur. On their courses they start with the last few sounds of a word and work backwards.

Eg... Meditation

Shon.....tay shon....it ay shon.....meditation....,,,

Is it better ? They say you will speak like a native. I suppose that trying to copy the sound, we make up our own version.

I have no experience of Pimsleur Arabic.

I have just had a listen to https://www.languagetransfer.org/free-courses-1#arabic and they do not use this method.

Enjoy..

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

dakanga wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:18 am

This resource - it is fantastic - including - and especially - due to it's images of how the sound is created by a human.

Yes - fantastic - thanks for sharing! I was hoping that Duolingo would do exactly such a thing for all languages instead of focusing on infantile animations.

Return to “Resources”