Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

League points not counted properly

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Mic UK
Spain

League points not counted properly

Post by Mic UK »

Did anyone else have this issue?

Just today (29 Jan 2023) I lost my place in the Diamond League (after being there over a year) because the points were not counted properly in the weekly leaderboard.

Here is the league table with 10 min to go:

But I have actually earnt 726 points this week as you can see by going to my profile.
https://www.duolingo.com/profile/MicUK1

In fact I have earnt 397 today alone!

So Duo apparently thinks I've earnt more today than the whole of this week (including today). Go figure.

I realise this is more of a duo bug than a duome issue (and I have submitted a bug report to duo), though I wonder if the root cause was following the duome links rather than using the duo snake. I think this issue only happened in the last day or so, but I can't be sure. I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else had this issue.

I also realise none of this should be important, when the point is to learn the language. Sadly, for better or for worse, the leagues and duo's other perks have become some of the primary motivators. If this doesn't get sorted out by duo, it might actually be a good thing for me - I think I'll exit the league system for now and reduce my daily goal to 20XP per day. This will free up more time to work through the SpanishDict.com vocab/conjugation drills/grammar lessons, which I've been wanting to spend more time on for a while.

Corinnebelle

Re: League points not counted properly

Post by Corinnebelle »

I suspect it is because of the new changes to Duolingo making a bug. I could be wrong and it might have to do with Duome.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

uralicnomad
Hungary

Post by uralicnomad »

I wonder if it is a timezone issue.. There is someone in my league this week with 2 points.

Attachments
duo.png
duo.png (50.52 KiB) Viewed 558 times
Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

There was a significant delay today while XPs got accumulated in the League until the refresh finally showed updated XPs.

Very likely you also lost several in the last minutes.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

My last 500 XP also have not been counted for the league but at least I don't have to leave the Diamond league because of a Duolingo glitch. A quarter before the end of the league, I had - when looking into the league - a short information "maintenance break".

So I remained in fourth place - not what I aimed for.
Do they really want people to stop using Duolingo as a game? So far I didn't have that impression.

I just checked to see if the points had been counted for the next league. Then I would probably be together with the other lunatics who use Duolingo as a game...

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

I was doing the original Duolingo stories today from the links posted in this forum. I noticed a significant time lag between the time between the time I got the screen telling me how many XP I was awarded for completing the story and when the XP actually appeared on my account. But I thought it was just because I was getting to the stories from an offsite link.

Return to “Duolingo”