Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Anyone else noticing errors on the app?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

JudieLC
United States of America

Anyone else noticing errors on the app?

Post by JudieLC »

Ever since the maintenance break and update, I've got occasional errors on the app when I try to progress. Usually if I try again, I'm able to proceed.

This morning when I tried to get the free chest of gems that you can get once an hour on the app, I got an error message that something went wrong and that they were awarding me some gems anyway.

Last night, after I got to a point on the snake where you can open a chest of gems, I opened it and tried to proceed to the next lesson. I was informed that I had to complete the earlier lessons that I had already just completed to proceed. I switched to a different language and when I came back I got awarded a second chest of the same gems on the snake path (usually not possible) and was able to proceed.

I think I've seen a few other glitches here and there. I'm guessing there may have been some coding errors when they did the update.

Didn't take any screen shots that would offer information on what happened. I took one screen shot of the Spanish snake at the point where the error occurred, but looking at it now, there's nothing unusual to give a clue what happened.

Corinnebelle

Re: Anyone else noticing errors on the app?

Post by Corinnebelle »

This is something where a bug report to Duolingo would be most helpful. I imagine there are glitches in the update that need to be fixed. Screenshots are good. You can share the information here if you like, we might be able to tell you more about the problem and we will commiserate with you, but we can't fix it.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

I haven't noticed errors but my issue is that the app takes a very long time to load

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

Corinnebelle wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:51 pm

This is something where a bug report to Duolingo would be most helpful. I imagine there are glitches in the update that need to be fixed. Screenshots are good. You can share the information here if you like, we might be able to tell you more about the problem and we will commiserate with you, but we can't fix it.

I wasn't asking about fixing it, just wondered if anyone else has seen it. It's very random and not easy to take screen shots of, but if it continues, I'll let Duolingo know.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

JudieLC wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:29 pm
Corinnebelle wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:51 pm

I wasn't asking about fixing it, just wondered if anyone else has seen it. It's very random and not easy to take screen shots of, but if it continues, I'll let Duolingo know.

No worries! :)

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

In another weird new quirk of the app, I did a lot of lessons yesterday and I got the screen that says “you’ve completed your daily goals!” at least half a dozen times yesterday. Though I was only awarded gems for it the first time.

It was so odd.

Return to “Duolingo”