Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

"Practice" link from Duome progess page fails

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

nudelfressa
Italy

"Practice" link from Duome progess page fails

Post by nudelfressa »

This redirects to:
https://www.duolingo.com/learn

Workaround is to use www-internal:
https://www-internal.duolingo.com/skill ... r/practice

Maybe the progress page could be rewritten to take this into account?

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Re: "Practice" link from Duome progess page fails

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

No idea if the crowns thing code got fixed in the www-internal website code, but be aware of this:

viewtopic.php?t=9592-warning-practising ... our-crowns

viewtopic.php?t=9614-www-internal-duoli ... e-progress

There was another thread:

viewtopic.php?t=9759-internal-duolingo- ... increasing

Hard to say what limitations you might run into.
I have to at least say that my German reverse has some web vs mobile app synchronization issues when I tested out 2+ checkpoints in my tree on that www-internal website and the app doesn't show completed L1 skills, one CP is now shown as finished, another as half finished (Practice option, but no correct colouring) and the owl is missing on the mobile app.

I mean you can try the Skill Practice Urls, but don't be disappointed if the crowns count is different afterwards.

My PT mobile app progress (old version) seems to be reflected correctly on the www-internal website.
But I need to try higher crowns first to tell how reliable their data is as the new path/snake doesn't support 5-6 crown levels anymore.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Carrotspy
Japan

Post by Carrotspy »

Noticed something similar now that www-internal stopped working for me and I switched to using the duome tree. Mine had to do with the fact that the app tree (downloaded an old apk in case all desktop fixes stopped working) was out of sync with the desktop version, I used www-internal to get the next skill to 5 crowns but the app still had it at level 0. Once I used the app to test it to 1 crown, the next two skills worked through the duome site.
It seems like Duome is synced accurately to the app version in terms of progress, but synced to the www-internal version for visual display of amount of crowns.
EDIT:
The Duome tree was down for a bit and now back up. I tested it by doing a legendary lesson for an early skill, and it seems to update fine now.

Last edited by Carrotspy on Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

The Duome tree works for me for legendary lessons, but I just tried a regular lesson on the tree and I'm stuck on the completion page, not completing and awarding me XP.

Edit: It completed while I was writing this post, but did not award me XP.

RickyYC

Post by RickyYC »

I've found some limits that if you are using duome progress tree. I just cannot finish a unit to the purple/legendary crown.
I think the reason I cannot get into the proper practice is because the duolingo redirect the link, and i guess because each unit was sperated into 34 parts in the snake (path). If you don't unlock some parts on the path, you cannot just practice it since the duome progress link will be redirect to the duolingo.com. So I suppose we need to get further on the snake, and then we can use the duome tree to get our purple/legendary crowns.

RickyYC

Post by RickyYC »

RickyYC wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:17 am

I've found some limits that if you are using duome progress tree. I just cannot finish a unit to the purple/legendary crown.
I think the reason I cannot get into the proper practice is because the duolingo redirect the link, and i guess because each unit was sperated into 34 parts in the snake (path). If you don't unlock some parts on the path, you cannot just practice it since the duome progress link will be redirect to the duolingo.com. So I suppose we need to get further on the snake, and then we can use the duome tree to get our purple/legendary crowns.

Unfortunately, the "School" of en/fr (https://www-internal.duolingo.com/skill/fr/School/3) will be always redirected to https://www.duolingo.com/skill/fr/School/31. Even if I've finished this chanllenge, the link will also be redirected this school/31. Which means that I cannot get a legendary crown this unit. But the latter units works good, such as Articles and At-Work-2.

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”