Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Daily Quest: Find Bea???!!!

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Deleted User 4833

Daily Quest: Find Bea???!!!

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

I'm laughing because today one of my daily quests was "Find Bea".
I'm at a loss as to how this contributes to learning.
What is this, Where's Waldo? :D

For the record, I didn't even know that character's name was Bea before today. :D

John Little
Brazil

Re: Daily Quest: Find Bea???!!!

Post by John Little »

It doesn't even make sense. I've had that and got the points without actually finding the character even once

John661162

Steve579062

Post by Steve579062 »

" B " easy.

Happy now ?

I think that they mean keep doing lessons until you see Bea 7 times.

I am just as puzzled by the questions with just one word to find or the ones where it is already complete. More game than education. I have no doubt the the educator with a degree will be able to explain that it reinforces the connection to the word in my subconscious.

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

Deleted User 4833

Honestly, I was just doing lessons, and I was not paying attention to whether I found "Bea" or not. I finished the quest, but finding Bea had little to nothing to do with it. I'd be hard pressed to tell you where Bea was in any of the lessons I did. :D

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

Actually the second quest is the strange-looking one to me. I normally get 1) daily goal, 50 XP 2) target, either several perfect lessons or several at ninety percent or better, and 3) find this character so many times.

Bea is one of the characters they changed from her original conception in Duolingo World. When they first introduced her, Bea looked like this:

![](

I think Greg Hartman 's video at Duocon 2020 was the best explanation about the characters.

Greg Hartman
Creating our Duolingo Characters
Duocon 2020

Deleted User 4833

Saperlipopette! wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:35 am

Actually the second quest is the strange-looking one to me. I normally get 1) daily goal, 50 XP 2) target, either several perfect lessons or several at ninety percent or better, and 3) find this character so many times.

Bea is one of the characters they changed from her original conception in Duolingo World. When they first introduced her, Bea looked like this:

![](

I think Greg Hartman 's video at Duocon 2020 was the best explanation about the characters.

Greg Hartman
Creating our Duolingo Characters
Duocon 2020

I frequently get daily quests on the order of the second one: "Spend 15 minutes learning." Or "Spend 20 minutes learning."

First time I ever got Bea, though, as I said. :D

And yeah, now that you've shared the pic, I do remember that original image of Bea. But I don't think I ever knew her name.

Return to “Duolingo”