Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Hi everyone!

Ro8
Argentina

Hi everyone!

Post by Ro8 »

I can't believe I am there only one learning Danish in the forum. So, I will ask: Is there anyone else somewhere else and I am the one who is lost? :D

IceVajal
Germany

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by IceVajal »

Hi!

Actually I'm not learning Danish, but the forum started just when Duolingo announced it's closing the forum, so slowly, but surely more language lovers arrive. And I guess you won't be the only one doing Danish!

And you are still welcome to help others learning Spanish! ;)

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I'm sure more people will be here soon! Hopefully! :D People just have to discover this and it will grow. Have you posted on the Danish forum on Duolingo about Duome? You might find other people planning to come here or would like to know about this forum.

By the way I wrote one in the Hebrew section and I'm still waiting for a reply!

There is also another Danish forum under "from English" if you haven't seen it.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Ro8
Argentina

Post by Ro8 »

Thank you both for answering!!!! That is right! There's a danish forum from English, just like in Duo! Sorry, I'm still learning how to use this wonderful tool, I'm quite an old woman and sometimes I get lost in tech jaja. Of course I will help in Spanish, if I can!

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

We all learn how to use this forum! Just we, Corinnebelle & I, are here a few more days.

I like that I can read about every language and learn something new. Here we are allowed to chat, to communicate with others in a friendly community.

As the forum is still growing, there will be new members and so different perspectives. And more chit-chat soon. Actually I had considered Danish just 2 months ago, but picked Dutch instead, coz it's closer for me - just about an hour and I'm in the Netherlands. ;)

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

I just came across this blog post and perhaps it will light up your day.....

https://matadornetwork.com/read/15-funn ... anish-use/

TonyvonArx
United States of America

Post by TonyvonArx »

Ro8 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:45 pm

I can't believe I am there only one learning Danish in the forum. So, I will ask: Is there anyone else somewhere else and I am the one who is lost? :D

I have just started learning Danish because I would like to be able to read the original Hans Christian Andersen stories.

Ro8
Argentina

Post by Ro8 »

That is wonderful!!! I started learning Danish to be able to read Kierkegaard in his original language, as well :)
It's a beautiful language!

Ro8
Argentina

Post by Ro8 »

IceVajal wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:15 pm

I just came across this blog post and perhaps it will light up your day.....

https://matadornetwork.com/read/15-funn ... anish-use/

Thanks! Super interesting (and funny)

PiningForTheFjords

Post by PiningForTheFjords »

Hej og goddag! I am also learning Danish, as well as Norwegian and several other languages. I like to study a couple of related languages at a time - I find that they reinforce one another in my mind. I also work on one or two languages for a few months and then take a short break with a different language family when I reach a point where new vocabulary isn't sticking all that well. It seems as though a few weeks' "vacation" from a language gives words and syntax a chance to sink into my longterm memory, and allows my mind to see connections between what I'm learning and English that often elude me when I'm actively studying.

I did not use the forums often on Duolingo, but maybe on Duome I will use them more as I like the way they are organized here.

Marie_goforit

Post by Marie_goforit »

Hej, :D

jeg laerer ogsa dansk.

Or at least I try!

Jeg er glad at jeg har fundet dette forum.

Marie

Last edited by Marie_goforit on Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

native: 🇩🇪 speaking some: 🇺🇸 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 actually learning: 🇩🇰 🇹🇷

krolik
United States of America

Post by krolik »

I completed the Danish course back in 2017 and went on to reading and watching Danish news and watching Danish TV. dr.dk is really helpful and has lots of news and television with subtitles. Luckily, Danish is a very easy language for English speakers.

Deleted User 5705

Post by Deleted User 5705 »

Hej!
I've finished the DL Danish course & am wondering about how to move on. I've completed 2/3 of the Clozemaster course. I don't find all that many movies & tv series on Amazon Instant video compared to other Nordic offerings. I'm not very tech-fluent & would prefer not to subscribe to many streaming services...

I also am new here & trying to figure out how things work on Duome.

SheenaBastet
France

Post by SheenaBastet »

Hi

I'm doing Danish at the same time as Norwegian, Swedish and Turkish :)

Deleted User 5705

Post by Deleted User 5705 »

Mixcoatl wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:30 pm

Hej!

Return to “Danish”