Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duolingo and Duome

Steve579062

Duolingo and Duome

Post by Steve579062 »

I wonder how the staff at Duolingo view the appearance of Duome. This is the help and assistance, the motivation and the kindred spirits that they should have had.
I have never seen any one bad mouth or knock anyone else on this great site. I feel nothing but friendship from other users.

I have heard about the spam and other rubbish on the Duo forum but they could have stopped that with access via paid subscription only.

Are there any Duo staff that use the Duome site ?

Will there ever be a time when Duolingo actually link to this site to offer assistance 8-)

Will Duo remove the date stamps on their own discussion pages. It must be very off putting for new users to find that some sections have not been updated for years.

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

GrahamW
Canada

Re: Duolingo and Duome

Post by GrahamW »

[mention]Steve579062[/mention] There has certainly been some level of cooperation between Duolingo and Duome over the years. The Duome site was originally named duolingo.eu, and there were some discussions between Duolingo and the Duome team at the time (I thought it was fierycat) about the name of the web-site. From the forum entries about the URL name change, those discussions seemed amicable, and the duolingo.eu site name changed to duome.eu around April 2018. I seem to recall other changes to Duolingo where the Duome team had been given some advanced information so that they could prepare for the changes (I can't remember specifics though).

🇨🇦 > :it: :fr: :es: Image :de: Image 🇬🇷 :brazil: 🇨🇳

Corinnebelle

Re: Duolingo and Duome

Post by Corinnebelle »

I believe [mention]duome[/mention] was a moderator on Duolingo at one point.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Random Thoughts”