Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Multi-language resources

We can't solve any technical issues that you may have with other services, but the Duome community may still give you some answers and ideas. Ask your questions, share experiences, exchange tips and advice and be welcome!

Forum rules

Duome can't solve the technical issues that you may have with any particular product.
For technical support, please, contact your respective service provider.
However the Duome community may have the answer to your questions.
Share your questions, get answers, share experiences, exchange tips and advice.

The language learning product subforums are listed in alphabetical order.

Corinnebelle

Multi-language resources

Post by Corinnebelle »

Latest find has the lightbulb :idea:

A few language resources I learnt about while studying Duo. Free in whole or part:

Polymath Basics in 66 languages.

nemo audio Phrasebooks

Tatoeba 10 million sentences with translations. Includes audio in many languages for some sentences.

Digital dialects Vocabulary lists and practice games for studying in 80 other languages

Loecsen

lingo

:idea: Lexis rex Six major languages and 29 others. Major languages have dictionaries and extra games. Word search, hangman etc for all languages, also flashcards.

My languages.org 95 languages

Vokabel

languagedrops

languagedrops 78 visual dictionaries

languagedrops resources for languages

Goethe-verlag Phrases and vocabulary in 50 languages from English I think. Also contains tests in 25 languages, video courses for Spanish, German and French, memo games and crosswords. Part of Goethe-verlag 50 languages You can hear a phrase several languages at once in phrasebooks by adding another language with the plus you'll see on the left!

The vocabulary trainer from languagecourse.net Flashcards in 25 languages from English.

The last three sites have other languages as well as the base. Vocabulary trainer was recommended by Thomas.Heiss

Duolingo crowns A list of crowns, skills and lessons.

International Children's Digital Library Story books in many languages.

Radio garden Listen to radio stations from all over the world.

Transparent languages free proficiency tests in Chinese, Dutch, English, ESL-English, French, German, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.

Last edited by Corinnebelle on Thu May 05, 2022 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Nada
Egypt

Re: Multi-language resources

Post by Nada »

Are all these links to sites that learn several languages?

ابتسم دااااائما :D
Always smile ;) :D
🥀🥀

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Nada wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:43 pm

Yes, they all teach several languages.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Nada
Egypt

Post by Nada »

Corinnebelle wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:15 am

I tried all of them and only one supports Arabic and knows all languages ​​and also thank you for sharing these great sites with us

🥀🥀

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Nada wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:18 am
Corinnebelle wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:15 am

I tried all of them and only one supports Arabic and knows all languages ​​and also thank you for sharing these great sites with us

Arabic is like Hebrew, not that common. :( While it is found more often than Hebrew, as a Semitic language, there aren't as many resources for it.

Here are 2 that support Arabic as the L1 [your native language]:

This one has two written in Arabic script, maybe they are both Arabic, I don't know.
https://www.languagecourse.net/vocabulary-trainer.php

https://www.goethe-verlag.com/book2/AR/

Language drops has a visual dictionary from Arabic. I don't know if they teach you English from Arabic also.

https://languagedrops.com/word/en/arabic/english/

A suggestion, since you are so good at English is to do reverse courses, where you learn Arabic from English. You may learn English words and phrases that way that you haven't encountered yet.

Nada
Egypt

Post by Nada »

This is great, I will try it now and also I may be able to write and translate, but my problem is in pronouncing words in English in the correct dialect. :(

🥀🥀

Jacko079
United States of America

Post by Jacko079 »

Nada wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:47 am

This is great, I will try it now and also I may be able to write and translate, but my problem is in pronouncing words in English in the correct dialect. :(

Maybe these tips will help you. :)

https://www.fluentu.com/blog/english/ho ... unciation/

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

Jacko079
United States of America

Post by Jacko079 »

The vocabulary trainer from languagecourse.net Flashcards in 25 languages from English.

That looks very good! I’m going to look into that! :)

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

www.clozemaster.com

The design is old-fashioned, but some sentences are not easy when you are looking for challenges after you have finished a duolingo tree. I, for one, have enough new material for practice with the Chinese sentences there (Duolingo tree finished)

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

You may want to add the game LingoLegend (for IOS and Android) to the above list:

viewtopic.php?p=39934-language-app-benchmarks#p39934

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

There is a website to practice 6 languages:

www.linguno.com

Efficient language learning tools in six languages:

• customizable conjugation exercises in context using spaced repetition
  • adaptive listening exercises with more than 100.000 recordings in each language
  • flashcard-style word exercises for your own words and for the thousands of words in our word bank
  • daily crosswords for multiple difficulty levels and themes
  • tracking your progress over time
  • detailed popup dictionary for all exercises
  • conjugation database
  • tense guides

Source: Their website.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I usually bump this when I add a new resource, but since this is still too close to the top, I'll just ask have you heard of Lexis rex? Wordsearches, hangman, flashcards, word of the day etc., major languages feature dictionaries as well.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Top sixty free language language learning websites article

A new kind of laddering, take a course in your target language on something you want to learn.

Ted talks, pick your language from the language dropdown menu near the top of the page. 115 subtitles for languages to choose from.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Rapid typing tutor teaches you the keyboard layout in many languages. Including symbols.

Return to “Product Specific Q&A”