Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

How do I <@mention> someone in a post

These Duome Forum guides have step-by-step instructions and screenshots on how to achieve the desired results. So read the relevant ones before you ask again.

PtolemysXX
Uganda

How do I <@mention> someone in a post

Post by PtolemysXX »

Is there a shortcut or a button to add a [mention]mention[/mention] tag in a post? I cannot find anything like that in the editor's toolbar:

duome tools.png
duome tools.png (4.49 KiB) Viewed 380 times
Corinnebelle

Re: How do I <@mention> someone in a post

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]PtolemysXX[/mention] If you type the @ key and start spelling a name it will come down with a dropdown menu which you can use the arrow keys to scroll down or the mouse to click on to select a name or you can type it out, just push enter at end or whenever you have the name selected.

I don't think we have another way to do it using a button.

I hope that helps.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Stasia
Poland

Re: How do I <@mention> someone in a post

Post by Stasia »

I'll copy here the post by [mention]luo-ning[/mention] that explains it with a gif:

luo-ning wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:24 pm
Basler Biker wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:14 am

what is the change supposed to do? I see no difference...

All mentions should now be clickable links to the user's profile. Working for me!

Basler Biker wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:21 am

I have maybe noticed this thing...If you type after the @ then you should click on one of the proposed names on the shortlist...If you just type along, it won't "notify"...but I might be wrong So this is the @duome just typed along, without clicking....

Yes, in the editor it should look like @username. If it just looks like @username, that's because you simply typed out the whole mention as plaintext.

Clicking works, but you can also select from the options with arrow keys and press "Enter" to select one (or just press "Enter" immediately to select the first one in the list).

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

Return to “Duome's How-to Guides”