Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Did www-internal.duolingo.com/learn stop working?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Darvince

Re: Did www-internal.duolingo.com/learn stop working?

Post by Darvince »

PtolemysXX wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:51 pm

Is there a way to get that version of the app?

www dot apkmirror dot com hosts old versions of apps for Android. I would link it directly, but I don't know if I am allowed to post links yet. 4.98.4 is the one you are looking for.

From there I downloaded both Duo 4 and Duo 3 for phones. Duo 4 is pretty similar to the tree as it was before it was slain, except that it doesn't have the legendary level. Duo 3 is from before they introduced all the characters other than Duo himself.

EN Native | ES Intermediate | RU Less than A1 :lol:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Darvince[/mention] You're free to post without post approval now. I don't think there is a prohibition on posting links as a newbie even when your posts need approval. Just don't post spam or advertisements or your posts won't get approved.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

Dana_Dany Danuta wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:30 am

It's good that I have an application on my phone (which I don't update) so I exercise without problems and let it stay that way! ;)

This post by [mention]LICA98[/mention] has the link to a site where an older version of the app can be downloaded.

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

Stasia wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:41 am
Dana_Dany Danuta wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:30 am

It's good that I have an application on my phone (which I don't update) so I exercise without problems and let it stay that way! ;)

This post by @LICA98 has the link to a site where an older version of the app can be downloaded.

btw that post links to version 3.106.5 which has stopped working properly since then :? (you should get 4.98.4 instead)

Ouronos
United States of America

Post by Ouronos »

Greetings...
Still looking for a workaround to the current state of the Snake vs. Tree issue.
I can currently advance the 'tree' even though the circle does not recognize the advancement. The link will advance, however, once a lesson is complete.

(For example: when doing a lesson [such as 'internal'//skill/gd/Food-2/2 or 'duolingo'/skill/gd/Food-2/2, upon completion it will advance to /3, /4, etc.)

The difficulty comes in that once I attempt to reload and pick up where I left off, the system does not recognize the advancement and resets the number to whatever it was before I started. (so, in this case, back to 2 or 1). I tend to turn my computer off at night, so I have not had the opportunity to test what happens if I simply do not return after so many hours (without a computer shut down).

Leaving the number off simply brings me to the earliest lesson.

Does anyone have any insight on how to proceed from here so that I can, at least, continue the lessons, even if the progress is not 'saved'. I am sure that opening (and keeping) lessons on the tree open are going to be a whole other issue, but for now I would be interested in finding a way to 'save progress' even if the system does not recognized saved progress.
Until that time...

-aks-

Post by -aks- »

Did you try "old school" - class tree version ? viewtopic.php?p=38209-big-changes-comin ... you#p38209
Does it still reset to initial lesson after you progress to NEXT crown level ?

Last edited by Corinnebelle on Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link

🇺🇸🇷🇺🇪🇸

pawndemic
Germany

Post by pawndemic »

https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn is kind of unstable. Yesterday it worked. Today I get a "502 Bad gateway" error.
Update: After that I've got an 504 error and now it is back on air.

native: 🇩🇪, B2 - C1: 🇬🇧 🇪🇸, A1: 🇫🇷 🇮🇹

Izabela

Post by Izabela »

For now at least I'm giving myself this situation to see if acclimating to the snake will be something I can deal with. I figure I can at least do the snake through the end of the year and better understand how it doles out the lessons and xp and crowns and lingots.

I still hope the old tree display will be kept available because maybe especially with how I only do Duolingo via the web, it's more pleasing to have a way to see the course rendered that takes some advantage of the width of the computer screen.

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

-aks- wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:05 am

Did you try "old school" - class tree version ? posting.php?mode=quote&p=38209
Does it still reset to initial lesson after you progress to NEXT crown level ?

I've been using the "old school" version for a couple of days now, switching back and forth between it and the internal duolingo. So far I am very happy with what I am getting. Single lessons may not be fully synchronised between the two, but when I make a full round (= one crown) here or there, it is reflected on the other side. This pertains to new skills, those that did not run out of synch during transitions from the tree to the path and back again. Those skills that were affected, I probably need to bring them to the same level manually by doing the lessons again or testing out. Once the skills are at the same level here and there it seems that leveling up on one tree will be transfered to the other one.

I have noted one funny behaviour. One of my skills was on level 5/2 (gold + two legendary lessons passed) on internal duolingo, on "school duolingo" it was 5/1. The internal duolingo skill was cracked. I did the three remaining legendary lessons on the "school" duolingo, the skill duly turned legendary in both versions, but the crack remained... It seems like the "school" duolingo is no longer capable of sewing up the cracks.

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

Izabela wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:26 pm

For now at least I'm giving myself this situation to see if acclimating to the snake will be something I can deal with.

Bon courage! Please keep posting your experiences with the path.

LindaBerna
United States of America

Post by LindaBerna »

https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn

Thank you, this link worked for me on my iMac Big Sur and I savbed the tab to y Chinese file.

FINGERS crossed!

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

I can confirm that I got Camilo's userscript working on www-internal.duolingo.com by simply adding the domain to the @match header.

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:56 pm

Line 7 is this:

Code: Select all

// @match        https://www.duolingo.com/*   

Add (try) this as a new line:

Code: Select all

// @match        https://www-internal.duolingo.com/*

As long as the html div tags within learning/practice sessions are the same on this website like with the original tree design on the old Duolingo (pre path/snake), Camilo's Tree Enhancer userscript code will probably (should) be working.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Apsa25
Poland

Post by Apsa25 »

I did one lesson from www-internal but after finishing it I got redirected to the snake preview.duolingo.com. And I cannot access the internal again, I keep landing on preview. Blocking the redirecting in browser's options doesn't help (with Chrome, at least) :( On IExplore I get the "browser not supported" message and firefox somehow it does'n't load at all. Any ideas?

Edit. Clearing the cookies helped :)

Edit#2: 24 January - the internal page isn't working for me anymore, neither on computer, non on mobile :(

Anitarrc
Costa Rica

Post by Anitarrc »

On Android 5.65.9 you can make progress in trees. I do it every day.
Block upgrades.
Let's hope it will work for a while. Just cancelled my subscription because I really feel cheated

Gentianopsis
Czech Republic

Post by Gentianopsis »

Today, I found this free old Duolingo app with the "Tree" that works on my computer with Windows 10: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail ... n-us&gl=us It shows "strength" under each skill and XP's from finished lessons (and days) are recorded on Duome. You can switch between languages by clicking on "add course". Unfortunately, it does not have all Duolingo language courses (e.g., Chinese is missing). My progress was "translated" quite strangely, but it seems that I did not loose any skill with at least one finished level. The application is far from perfect, but if it has the language you study, it can be used and you do not get redirected to the "Snake" pages at all.

Return to “Duolingo”