Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Tha mi cho troimh-a-cheile.

Bodach
United States of America

Tha mi cho troimh-a-cheile.

Post by Bodach »

As the subject states. Confused!!
With the change in format of the lessons I've lost something. I'd been building spreadsheets in Numbers for each set of lessons. I've built vocabulary list and phrases for each block along with the great intro text explaining the lesson. This has worked well for me but now each 'unit' seems to jump here and there. I've worked though some the recent units but it's confusing not having a better guide that matches with the lessons.

Is there anyone else out there who has a method of keeping track.

I still love this course. Should I start over?

Mòran taing a chàirdean. Tha mi air chall anns a’ cheo.

Corinnebelle

Re: Tha mi cho troimh-a-cheile.

Post by Corinnebelle »

Have you got Duolingo schools? That shows what words are in each unit. However, if you have Duolingo schools you won't get updates for courses until they out of beta.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

CFCUJY
United States of America

Re: Tha mi cho troimh-a-cheile.

Post by CFCUJY »

I'm using the Schools tab and a classroom I set up (with myself as the only student added) to allow me to use the "old path" and old topic titles to organise my notes until the end of the year (when Duo says they are eliminating the old path altogether).

But in the classroom I have there is a switch to switch between the new and old formats -- so I used the classroom to find the teacher's word list for the new path (69 topics) and copied that into a MS Word file. (it is a long list - 94 pages just for Scottish Gaelic) The word list includes the lesson numbers and new topic titles for the 69 new lessons along with the words in each new lesson.

You could use something like this to cross reference between the two formats. Something like a two column table might work -- first column the old topic titles (107) or whatever titles you have used in your own notes -- second column -- which of the new topic titles or lesson numbers you want to include under that topic.

Below is a link to a shared copy of my file on google docs. I'll leave this up until the end of the month -- feel free to make a copy if you think it might be useful.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kwW ... ue&sd=true

Update: I just now see that user MatOzone has already posted the "new" (69 lesson) topic titles and word lists in two earlier posts in this forum. You could check out those posts as well to see if they would be useful to you in organising your own notes going forward.

Last edited by CFCUJY on Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodach
United States of America

Word and vocabulary link missing.

Post by Bodach »

Hi all,
For the past month or two I've been using the 'word' review for part of my practice. It was really a nice way to keep the written and spoken words fresh in my mind.
Now it's gone away.
Bring it back please.

Return to “Scottish Gaelic”