Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Did www-internal.duolingo.com/learn stop working?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Gentianopsis
Czech Republic

Did www-internal.duolingo.com/learn stop working?

Post by Gentianopsis »

I have not been able to open any lessons from https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn and I cannot open them from "Skills" in my Duome profile either. Does it mean that the server is already down permanently or is it just some kind of bug/my wrongdoing that can be fixed somehow? Please help, if you can.

gmads
Mexico

Re: Did www-internal.duolingo.com/learn stop working?

Post by gmads »

Gentianopsis wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:31 pm

I have not been able to open any lessons from https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn and I cannot open them from "Skills" in my Duome profile either. Does it mean that the server is already down permanently or is it just some kind of bug/my wrongdoing that can be fixed somehow? Please help, if you can.

Hi, indeed, that seems to be the case.

The skill link doesn't seem to work anymore with the "-internal" text part. So, after you login, try just removing it from the URL, and then click on the skill you want to do, this way, instead of the link being https://www-internal.duolingo.com/skill ... 2/practice, for example, it will now be https://www.duolingo.com/skill/it/Adverbs-2/practice, and you will be able to do the lesson.

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

The link https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn still works perfectly for me and I am able to navigate between the skills. It still is possible to select another course I am working on. However many external links from this site are blocked: profile view & settings, all the friends and league info...

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

Sadly, I am having troubles with this too. Is this it, for the tree? Are we all forced on to the path now?
I'm trying to make some of my completed stuff legendary, but while it opens as legendary, the moment I pay lingots, it's back to the front page of the tree again.

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but not sure how to complete it all since I'm out of gems due to refusing to pay for the Snake :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image

Gentianopsis
Czech Republic

Post by Gentianopsis »

gmads wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:46 pm

The skill link doesn't seem to work anymore with the "-internal" text part. So, after you login, try just removing it from the URL, and then click on the skill you want to do, this way, instead of the link being https://www-internal.duolingo.com/skill ... 2/practice, for example, it will now be https://www.duolingo.com/skill/it/Adverbs-2/practice, and you will be able to do the lesson.

Thanks, but this does not work either. :-( When I remove "-internal" after login, I get the "snake" immediately (the "tree" changes into a "snake") and there are no "skills" that were in the "tree" in it (just some unlabeled circles with mixed content in them). When I type the whole address to practice a skill without "-internal", I am immediately thrown to the "snake" front page. When I type it with "-internal", it throws me back to the "tree" front page from which I am not able to get anywhere. :-(

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

Last night I also lost any possibility to start lessons on internal duolingo. That must be Santa Clause from Duolingo. What still works for me are the links from the duome tree (duome.eu/<user>/tree) but only for lessons that the "new path" thinks I am entitled to do. Since the time i was moved by force to the new path i continued using internal duolingo so my old trees grew seriously out of sync with the new path. Thus there are a number of skills where I was half way through but now cannot access them unless i first unlock them by jumping over the correspondng "new path" units. It also means that starting a new lesson is only possible from from the "snake".
I have one "all gold" tree that I am slowly bringing to the legendary level. This one was fortunately recognized by the "snake" as complete and so I am able to do legendary levels on the tree rather than on the snake. But how knows when such unorthodox learning will also be locked one day.

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

One correction to what I wrote a few minutes ago - bad news. It seems that even though I can do the lessons out of the old tree and apparently even get XP for that, the tree is no longer updated. I have completed two legendary skills, waited a little, refreshed the tree - no change. It seems like the tree froze for ever. A dreadful sight.

Last edited by PtolemysXX on Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rickiefl
Scotland

Post by Rickiefl »

Having the same problems as described by others above, but I am still able to open both old and new stories.

Native: British 🇬🇧 Scottish. Learning: French 🇫🇷,German 🇩🇪,Spanish 🇪🇸

Gentianopsis
Czech Republic

Post by Gentianopsis »

Rickiefl wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:11 pm

Having the same problems as described by others above, but I am still able to open both old and new stories.

Same here, Duolingo stories are the only and very last thing still working on www-internal.duolingo.com (well, I can also switch between languages, but that is all - I even got some broken skills, but have no chance to restore them now :-( ). I had finished all the stories I could, so, I just repeat them now. Thus, I have no idea, whether opening and completing new ones still works now. However, I am afraid that completing them will not count for the "Snake" anymore.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

SweNedGuy wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:00 pm

The link https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn still works perfectly for me and I am able to navigate between the skills. It still is possible to select another course I am working on. However many external links from this site are blocked: profile view & settings, all the friends and league info...

Now I am out also. It stopped working, not even with skills explicitly mentioned. :oops:
This also implies that to see all useful grammar tips (instead of some trivial examples in DL/learn) you need to check DuoMe.
For example https://duome.eu/tips/en/es

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

As usual, it is just a matter of time until everyone has the latest version, and it will then be it.

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Darvince

Post by Darvince »

Yes, that view is broken now. They have managed to completely destroy the tool I was using. Are the old mobile Duo versions (Android Duo 4 and Android Duo 3) also broken now?

EN Native | ES Intermediate | RU Less than A1 :lol:

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

Darvince wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:57 am

Yes, that view is broken now. They have managed to completely destroy the tool I was using. Are the old mobile Duo versions (Android Duo 4 and Android Duo 3) also broken now?

4.98.4 seems to work so far

Rickiefl
Scotland

Post by Rickiefl »

There may be a work around to keep using the tree. I opened me@duome.eu, clicked on the language highlighted which brought up the tree. I then did a lesson as before and when I finished it took me to the path. I closed this tab, opened internal.com which brought up stories then moved to lessons and the lesson I had done had moved from 1.0 to 1.1😀
I’ve only done this once, but am going to try it again later today. A bit unwieldy, but better than the snake.

Native: British 🇬🇧 Scottish. Learning: French 🇫🇷,German 🇩🇪,Spanish 🇪🇸

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Duome's tree is still working for me. Skills links which are though internal.duolingo do not work.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Gentianopsis
Czech Republic

Post by Gentianopsis »

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:01 pm

Duome's tree is still working for me. Skills links which are though internal.duolingo do not work.

I have a problem with practising my legendary trees from Duome's tree. I was able to get normal practice lessons through "Skills" because of their connection to www-internal.duolingo.com, but through "Tree", I always get the legendary test lesson, lose 10 lingots and get 40(+5)XP. I do not have that many lingots, so, I would be down to zero in a day, if I keep practising as much as I used to. :-(

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Gentianopsis[/mention] Do you automatically lose the lingots? In order to get practice, I scrub out the numbers at the end i.e.

https://www.duolingo.com/skill/he/Letters-2/25
and write

https://www.duolingo.com/skill/he/Letters-2/practice

This gets me a proper review which legendary is not.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Gentianopsis
Czech Republic

Post by Gentianopsis »

Corinnebelle wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:29 am

@Gentianopsis Do you automatically lose the lingots? In order to get practice, I scrub out the letters at the end i.e.

and write

Thanks a lot, it works and no lingots disappear! It even makes broken skills in https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn repaired!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Gentianopsis[/mention] Great! I scrubbed out the extra writing I did as I wasn't sure it would work without lingots.

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

Corinnebelle wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:29 am

@Gentianopsis Do you automatically lose the lingots? In order to get practice, I scrub out the numbers at the end i.e.

and write

This gets me a proper review which legendary is not.

I just tested this, it seems if you're on PC, you can make it even easier on yourself. If you click the big circle, it takes you to the first one, but if you click the tiny number next to the circle, it takes you to the second (practice).

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but not sure how to complete it all since I'm out of gems due to refusing to pay for the Snake :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

Darvince wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:57 am

I'm on whatever version was released back in August, and I'm still happily hanging onto the tree! 8-)

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

MagyarJános
Hungary

Post by MagyarJános »

I still have the tree, but if I try to click a lesson, it sends me back to the tree.

How could the think this would be better than the tree?

MagyarJános
Hungary

Post by MagyarJános »

PtolemysXX wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:35 pm

Last night I also lost any possibility to start lessons on internal duolingo. That must be Santa Clause from Duolingo. What still works for me are the links from the duome tree (duome.eu/<user>/tree) but only for lessons that the "new path" thinks I am entitled to do. Since the time i was moved by force to the new path i continued using internal duolingo so my old trees grew seriously out of sync with the new path. Thus there are a number of skills where I was half way through but now cannot access them unless i first unlock them by jumping over the correspondng "new path" units. It also means that starting a new lesson is only possible from from the "snake".
I have one "all gold" tree that I am slowly bringing to the legendary level. This one was fortunately recognized by the "snake" as complete and so I am able to do legendary levels on the tree rather than on the snake. But how knows when such unorthodox learning will also be locked one day.

My Duome profile seems to still work.

So, it's duome.eu/<YourUserName>/tree - the tree shows up and you can select.

I did a quick 20 legendary and it showed up on the snake page, too.

Izabela

Post by Izabela »

It worked for me through yesterday but no longer

I can do a lesson through duome and get XP for it, but it will never let me go the next lesson. I'm very annoyed, I had developed my own personally favorite way of working through trees and now I'm going to be forced to move along the snake?

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

For me yesterday it did not work as it should :( (on the pages in the computer) and either I was returning to the starting point, or it was switching me to the "snake" page.

I feel sorry for my crowns the most, because I noticed that I have 17 less crowns and I don't know how it happened! :(

It's good that I have an application on my phone (which I don't update) so I exercise without problems and let it stay that way! ;)

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

Enzfj2
Ukraine

Post by Enzfj2 »

@SansEspoir , @Corinnebelle , @Gentianopsis
To go to practice, you may click the crown next to the skill icon both on the Tree and on the Skills list

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

Izabela wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:56 am

I can do a lesson through duome and get XP for it, but it will never let me go the next lesson. I'm very annoyed, I had developed my own personally favorite way of working through trees and now I'm going to be forced to move along the snake?

I am in exact the same situation. my trees are frozen I can only do the same lessons over and over again without progressing.
The path with all its bells and whistles does not suit me at all. I threw a coin to decide whether to dump it all or bite the bullet and take the path. I am biting the bullet and will see what happens. The transition is painfull and it's going to push me back by a month or so in my personal goals :( .

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

Dana_Dany Danuta wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:30 am

It's good that I have an application on my phone (which I don't update) so I exercise without problems and let it stay that way! ;)

Is there a way to get that version of the app?

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Izabela wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:56 am

So this duome progress only works for people who have already finished a tree to level up their crowns?

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

PtolemysXX wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:51 pm
Dana_Dany Danuta wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:30 am

Is there a way to get that version of the app?

if you have android you can get any version of duolingo from here for example

Return to “Duolingo”