Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

התיק של ילד--The lad's bag

Moderator: Corinnebelle

Corinnebelle

התיק של ילד--The lad's bag

Post by Corinnebelle »

This is a little story, easy to translate from a story from the New Testament called the lad's bag. If someone could let me know how I did. That would be great!

אמא, אמא, יכול אני ללכת לישוע?

כן, ילדי .

.אמא ממלאה תיק עם שני דגים וחמש לחמניות לילד

הילד מקבל את התיק. הילד הולך והולך והולך.

הילד הולך למעלה הגבעה לישוע.

הילד עם הרבה ילדים ואמהות ואבות.

ישוע אומר לילדים ולאמהות ולאבות, "אלוהים הוא אהבה."

ישוע מבקש את שנים עשר הגברים שלו, "מבקלים דגים ולחמניה בשביל הילדים, והאמהות והאבות."

לילד יש תיק עם שני דגים וחמש לחמניות," אנדרי אומר ישוע". אנדרי מבקל את זה בשבילי"."

אנדרי מבקל את התיק של הילד בשביל ישוע. הילד אוהב ישוע.

ישוע שואל אלוהים לברך את שני הדגים וחמש הלחמניות.

.יש בתיק של הילד רק שני דגים וחמש לחמניות בו, אבל ישוע מוסיף ומוסיף .

ישוע מבקל הרבה והרבה דגים ולחמניות.

שנים עשר הגברים של ישוע מעבירים את הדגים והלחמניות לילדים ולאמהות ולאבות ולילד.

לישוע יש הרבה דגים ולחמניות נשארים.

הילד רץ לאמא ואבא שלו. "אמא, אבא!" צועק הילד.

"ישוע האכיל הרבה ילדים ואמהות ואבות עם שני הדגים וחמש הלחמניות. ישוע יכול מוסיף ומוסיף.

Source Please note you will need an account to view the book. It can be borrowed for an hour. Borrowing is free.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Zimozie
Finland

Re: התיק של בחור--The lad's bag

Post by Zimozie »

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:00 am

This is a little story, easy to translate from the New Testament called the lad's bag. If someone could let me know how I did. That would be great!

כן, בחור ממלאה.

אמא מלא תיק עם שתיים דגים ו

Source

Draft

בבקשה לכתוב את הטקסט המקורי באנגלית כדי שאראה אותו. אני לא יכול לראות את הטקסט מהלינק שלך כי אני לא מנוי לאתר הזה. אשמח לראות אותו. :)

🇫🇮 native, 🇺🇲 C1-B2, 🇫🇷🇮🇱🇸🇪 B2-B1, 🇪🇸 B1-A2, 🇯🇴🇪🇪🇳🇴A2-A1, 🇷🇺🇺🇦🇬🇷🇨🇳 A1
Duolingo profile: https://duome.eu/zimozie77

EranBarLev
Israel

Re: התיק של בחור--The lad's bag

Post by EranBarLev »

בחור is a guy old enough that he doesn't have to ask his mom for permission. So ילד would make more sense here.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Zimozie
Finland

Re: התיק של ילד--The lad's bag

Post by Zimozie »

This is a little story, easy to translate from the New Testament called the lad's bag. If someone could let me know how I did. That would be great!

כן, ילד .
[Does this sound good in עברית או should I change it to בן או ילדי?]

.אמא ממלאה תיק עם שנים דגים וחמש לחמניות לילד

הילד מקבל את התיק. הבחור הולך והולך והולך.

ישוע אומר את הילדים ואמהות ואבות, "אלוהים אהבה."

ישוע מבקש את שנים עשר הגברים שלו, "מבקלים דגים ולחמניה בשביל הילדים, והאמהות ואבות."

לילד יש תיק עם שנים גדים וחמש לחמניות," אנדרו אומר ישוע". אנדרו מבקל את זה בשבילי"."

אנדרו מבקל את התיק של הילד בשביל ישוע. הילד אוהב ישוע.

Source

Draft

My corrections:

.כן, ילדי\בני
.אימא ממלאה לבן שלה תיק עם שני דגים וחמש לחמניות

.הבן\הילד הולך והולך והולך
".ישוע אומר לילדים ,לאמהות ולאבות: "אלוהים הוא אהבה
".ישוע מבקש משנים עשר התלמידים שלו: "קנו לילדים, לאמהות ולאבות דגים ולחמניה
".לילד (הזה) יש תיק עם שני דגים וחמש לחמניות," אומר אנדרי לישוע. "אנדרי, קח לי את התיק"
.אנדרי לוקח לישוע את התיק של הילד. הילד אוהב את ישוע

I couldn't see the original text, but since I know the story I thought it should be written like that. Andrew is written in the Hebrew New Testament like אנדרי, [Andrei].

;)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Zimozie[/mention] I finished the story and now I am going through your corrections! Thank you!

I wrote a note about the source if anyone is interested in looking at it. As it is a very simple story it is probably not necessary to have the link. By the way if one does use that link only one person can look at it at a time with an account.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Zimozie[/mention] I just looked at the rest of your corrections. I wonder if you could check the rest of my work since I posted it before I was done?

A few questions. I put the English from the book for these phrases.

כן, ילדי .

Yes, lad.

I think ילדי sounds better like you suggested, although it is not a literal translation. We don't usually say "yes, boy." in English.

Jesus asks his 12 men, "Get fish and buns, for the kids, the mums and the dads."

How does קנו go for "get", I read it means get, but it also means buy. If I wanted to make sure I meant get would that be easily understood?

".לילד (הזה) יש תיק עם שני דגים וחמש לחמניות," אומר אנדרי לישוע. "אנדרי, קח לי את התיק"

"A lad has a bag with two fish and five buns in it." Andrew tells Jesus. "Andrew get it for me."

Is קח a better word for "get"? Or depends on the context.

I figure it's best not to write the whole thing in English, as it's copyrighted, but hopefully the translation is okay.

Zimozie
Finland

Post by Zimozie »

Corinnebelle wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:36 pm

@Zimozie I just looked at the rest of your corrections. I wonder if you could check the rest of my work since I posted it before I was done?

A few questions. I put the English from the book for these phrases.

כן, ילדי .

Yes, lad.

I think ילדי sounds better like you suggested, although it is not a literal translation. We don't usually say "yes, boy." in English.

Jesus asks his 12 men, "Get fish and buns, for the kids, the mums and the dads."

How does קנו go for "get", I read it means get, but it also means buy. If I wanted to make sure I meant get would that be easily understood?

"A lad has a bag with two fish and five buns in it." Andrew tells Jesus. "Andrew get it for me."

Is קח a better word for "get"? Or depends on the context.

I figure it's best not to write the whole thing in English, as it's copyrighted, but hopefully the translation is okay.

The verb לקבל means to "receive (something, e.g. as a gift)" that's why I translated the word "to buy" or maybe it should be translated by the verb "לתת" meaning "to give" like in the New Testament it's "תנו להם אתם לאכול" in a Hebrew translation for Luke 9:13. The verb לקחת is "to take". It seems to me now that "get" has multiple meanings and it's a little bit tricky to translate.

I'll try to correct the rest of your translation when I've more time. And if you have mistakes. :)

Zimozie
Finland

Post by Zimozie »

This is a little story, easy to translate from a story from the New Testament called the lad's bag. If someone could let me know how I did. That would be great!

כן, ילדי .

.אמא ממלאה תיק עם שני דגים וחמש לחמניות לילד

הילד מקבל את התיק. הילד הולך והולך והולך.

ישוע אומר לילדים ולאמהות ולאבות, "אלוהים הוא אהבה."

ישוע מבקש את שנים עשר הגברים שלו, "מבקלים דגים ולחמניה בשביל הילדים, והאמהות והאבות."

לילד יש תיק עם שני דגים וחמש לחמניות," אנדרי אומר ישוע". אנדרי מבקל את זה בשבילי"."

אנדרי מבקל את התיק של הילד בשביל ישוע. הילד אוהב ישוע.

.לתיק של הילד יש רק שני דגים וחמש לחמניות בו, אבל ישוע מוסיף ומוסיף.

שני עשר הגברים של ישוע מעבירים את הדגים ולחמניות לילדים ולאמהות ולאבות ולילד.

הילד רץ לאמא ואבא שלו. "אמא, אבא!" צועק את הילד.

"ישוע מאכיל הרבה ילדים ואמהות ואבות עם שני הדגים וחמש לחמניות. ישוע יכול מוסיף ומוסיף.

Source Please note you will need an account to view the book. It can be borrowed for an hour. Borrowing is free.

I'm going to check your translation and correct it:

This is the part that I've not corrected:

.לתיק של הילד יש רק שני דגים וחמש לחמניות בו, אבל ישוע מוסיף ומוסיף.

שני עשר הגברים של ישוע מעבירים את הדגים ולחמניות לילדים ולאמהות ולאבות ולילד.

הילד רץ לאמא ואבא שלו. "אמא, אבא!" צועק את הילד.

"ישוע מאכיל הרבה ילדים ואמהות ואבות עם שני הדגים וחמש לחמניות. ישוע יכול מוסיף ומוסיף.

One sentence at a time:

.ישוע מבקש מאלוהים לברך את שני הדגים וחמש הלחמניות

The verb "לשאול" is "to ask (a question))" but "לבקש" is "to ask (a request)".

... יש בתיק של הילד רק שני דגים וחמש לחמניות, אבל ישוע

The verb "להוסיף" is "to add (something)". How it's written in the original book? I don't have an account to that web page nor have I tried after the first attempts to see the book. If you want to say "to multiply" it's "להכפיל".

.ישוע מקבל הרבה דגים ולחמניות

If you want to say "Yeshua receives ..." then it's correct.

שנים עשר התלמידים של ישוע מעבירים את הדגים והלחמניות לילדים, לאמהות, לאבות ולילד

.לישוע יש עוד הרבה דגים ולחמניות

.הילד רץ לאימא ואבא שלו. "אימא, אבא!" צועק הילד

".ישוע האכיל הרבה ילדים, אמהות ואבות עם שני הדגים וחמש הלחמניות. ישוע יכול להכפיל"

As I finished with my corrections, I say:

!בבקשה

= There you go!

Are you using currently only Duolingo? You can already write good basic sentences. There are little mistakes but I want to encourage you to continue learning Hebrew using multiple resources (like textbooks, watching kids' TV programs etc.). A little by little your Hebrew will become "יותר ויותר טוב".

אני ממליץ לך לקרוא את הברית החדשה ולחפש פסוקים או פרקים קלים לקרוא וככה ללמוד עברית. דרך אגב, יש אפליקציה "העדות" ."והיא כוללת תרגום מהתנ"ך בעברית קלה. אני ממש מקווה שאת תלמדי עברית "מושלמת ;)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Zimozie[/mention]

Could you go over these sentences with me? I know it's tricky with only one of us seeing the book.

The verb "להוסיף" is "to add (something)". How it's written in the original book? I don't have an account to that web page nor have I tried after the first attempts to see the book. If you want to say "to multiply" it's "להכפיל".

"Jesus adds and adds" It's a kid's reading book so very simple words.

"Jesus gets lots and lots of fish and buns."

שנים עשר התלמידים של ישוע

It's a children's book so uses men.

"Jesus has lots of fish and buns left."

בבקשה! תודה רבה!

I am mainly using Duolingo. I have some textbooks I have done as well. Still very basic. Thank you for your kind words and your help with this.

גם אני מקווה את זה! אני קוראת את התנ''ך קצת. אני מבינה קצת. אני מתרגלת נקודות ואני מבינה קצת .

Zimozie
Finland

Post by Zimozie »

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:21 am

@Zimozie

Could you go over these sentences with me? I know it's tricky with only one of us seeing the book.

"Jesus adds and adds" It's a kid's reading book so very simple words.

"Jesus gets lots and lots of fish and buns."

שנים עשר התלמידים של ישוע

It's a children's book so uses men.

"Jesus has lots of fish and buns left."

בבקשה! תודה רבה!

I am mainly using Duolingo. I have some textbooks I have done as well. Still very basic. Thank you for your kind words and your help with this.

אני מקווה גם! אני קוראת את התנ''ך קצת. אני מבינה קצת. אני מתרגלת נקודות ואני מבינה קצת.

אני זוכר שיש סוג של מבנה בתנ"ך שבו יכולים להגדיש את הפעולה בצורה שבה כותבים\אומרים שני פעלים אחד אחרי השני. אני לא
בטוח איך עושים את המבנה הזה, אבל אני חושב שאולי ככה: יוסיף להוסיף.

In Hebrew: "to get, to receive" is לקבל, meaning that you get something from someone.

Here's the translation using the word "men".

שנים עשר הגברים של ישוע.

A little correction:

גם אני מקווה את זה.

אני מקווה שאת תראי את הפוסט שלי בפורום הזה. שמו: "Great Youtube extensions on Chrome"
אני חושב שזה יכול לעזור לך ללמוד יותר מהר כמו שזה עוזר לי כל הזמן ללמוד הרבה אוקראינית וגם קצת רוסית. יש גם אפשרות ללמוד עברית.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Any ideas about where to find a book accessible to everyone to translate?

Zimozie
Finland

Post by Zimozie »

Corinnebelle wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:49 am

Any ideas about where to find a book accessible to everyone to translate?

סליחה, אבל אני לא יודע :( אולי כדאי לקחת טקסטים מאתרים שונים. את רוצה לתרגם מאנגלית לעברית או ההפך? באינטרנט יש סיפורים קלים באנגלית ואת יכולה לתרגם אותם.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Zimozie[/mention] בשביל תודה רבה העוזר בזה. I am still learning and not fast at it. With "יוסיף להוסיף" do I take that and make it present tense כל כך מוסיף ולהוסיף?

I've heard of the extension to translate words. I'm not sure I'm ready for it yet.

את רוצה לתרגם מאנגלית לעברית או ההפך?

I suppose either way is good. אולי אני יוכל לרצה אתר של ילדים

Return to “Hebrew Practice”