Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

You're acing your French lessons today

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Saperlipopette!

You're acing your French lessons today

Post by Saperlipopette! »

This week this new screen has been popping up.

![](

From it, I can't tell where they're getting that percentage from & what lessons it entailed.

A lot of factors cover how well I perform on the practice lessons & much of them don't have much to do with learning efficiency.

For instance, I voted last week in our state's election for governor. They gave us pens with rubber tops that I use as stylus pointers. The new styluses give me better typing accuracy and better scores.

There's also factors of being momentarily tired or out of focus. Sometimes I can work through that, and sometimes it's just time to do something else.

As usual, I can't find any blog introducing the new feature and explaining it. It just pops up on my screen.

Davey944676
Great Britain

Re: You're acing your French lessons today

Post by Davey944676 »

No idea about the new fearure, but I'm glad you are following the "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" ethos by making further use of the free rubber-topped pen. :mrgreen:

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

Saperlipopette!

I've been getting these every day except one day. Usually it's 96 percent. One day I got 94%, and the background was white.

![](

I also have a 90% with white background. All the 96% ones have a gold background.

I still have no better idea on what lessons it counts.

Saperlipopette!

I saw how they got the percentages for the last two days, but I don't know why they selected what they selected.

On Monday I did five practice lessons on the web in the morning. Three were dumbbells; two were specific completed lessons, and on one of the two, I missed one of the first fourteen questions. None of that was considered by the thing that makes the percentage screens.

In the evening, I did a lesson from 136-3. That is one of the practice skills in the new tree. It was the second of two for that skill, so they gave me a timer. At that point, I do as many hearts lessons as I can for fifteen minutes. I got three done and for the fourth, I must have missed the cutoff for the double XP timer and not started the lesson until after 21:46:18. After that lesson I got the 99% screen. That counts 5 lessons because of math: 5x16=80, 4x16=64. 63/64 is 98%, 79/80 is 99%, so the percentages would only work out if it took 5 lessons.

This morning I used the timer that I got from completing a lesson between 6PM and 11:59 PM. I did four lessons and 97% came up. 4x16=64, 62/64=97%. Ninety-seven percent would also happen if only two lessons were counted (31/32), but you can't practice 59 vocabulary words in two lessons. Usually I do a few lessons on the web in the morning, but not today. Also for the two wrong: one was one of the first 14 questions in the 4th lesson, the second was either question 15 or 16 in one of the first three lessons. The XP tell you that.

How I practiced 48 words in five lessons last night and 59 words in four lessons this morning is another mystery. Another one is why 4 lessons this AM and 5 last PM.

![](

![](

![](

Saperlipopette!

I felt the take.

![](
![](

Saperlipopette!

After working with this for a few weeks, it seems this works in a simple way. I think it takes the first four practice lessons on the app. This doesn't make mathematical sense because four lessons x 16 questions per lesson = 64. Missing one question is 63/64 or 98.4375. The highest you can get besides 100 is 98. But I trust these percentages and words learned calculations are far as I can throw them.

Your mission if you choose to accept it is to do four practice lessons on the app and get 100%.

If you are caught or killed, Duolingo will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

With any luck, this thread will self destruct in five seconds.

Mission impossible

Steve579062

Post by Steve579062 »

Saperlipopette! wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:21 pm

Your mission if you choose to accept it is to do four practice lessons on the app and get 100%.

If you are caught or killed, Duolingo will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

With any luck, this thread will self destruct in five seconds.

Mission impossible

I nearly wet myself. Luckily I am in a room on my own. Please take more care with your comments. I am in heart attack territory at my age :geek:

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

Saperlipopette!

It seems people here aren't using this gimmick. I was hoping someone might take me up on my challenge and post a 100% image.

I found a way to "cheat" the system. Say you are really messing up one of your first four lessons of the day... you can QUIT the lesson, and the results won't count for the lesson you just quit.

Today, I missed two of my first three questions. Head was in a fog ... So I 86'd the lesson, put the android down for a few, then came back and did four lessons.

![](

Umm, I have an idea on how they get 99%-- they may only deduct half a point if you get one of the last two wrong. Mathematically, that would work.

63.5/ 64 = 99.21875.

I know the one question I got wrong today was this:

We will send you a picture of it when we receive it.

I wrote this and they said incorrectamundo:

Nous vous en enverrons une photo quand nous le recevrons.

After checking comments, I wrote this and it was ok:
On vous en enverra une photo quand on le recevra.

Envoyer
Enverra.. future simple for on
Enverrons... Future simple for nous.

Recevoir
Recevra... Future simple for on
Recevrons... Future simple for nous

🤔

I think Duo thinks the French to English course is 'set' and they're not looking at error reports anymore. I haven't had a 'we now accept this translation' email in a while. I realize they don't accept correct translations if they don't teach the word, but they ought to accept for things they do teach.

In that same lesson (8.24 Clothes), here is a recommended translation:

Nous vous en enverrons un autre très rapidement.

By the way, they do take On vous en enverra un autre très rapidement.

Return to “Duolingo”