Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duo Plus replaced by Super... not so super.

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Duo Plus replaced by Super... not so super.

Post by SweNedGuy »

Ever since Duo Plus was replaced by SuperDuo, there are no more 3-days on the house. Three days of Duo Plus came in handy after 50 days of toiling. This allowed training on / revising errors you had previously made in any of your DL-courses. Single skill tests and legendary challenges were also free of charge.

Sometimes XP peaks during those days of Duo Plus were quite remarkable. But you had to work extra hours to earn those.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

luciennet
France

Re: Duo Plus replaced by Super... not so super.

Post by luciennet »

If you liked plus and can’t pay for it, some of the benefits are available for free if you use set up a “school”. Unlimited hearts, no ads, and don’t “pay” for skill tests or legendaries.

I find enough practice in the path to not feel a need for the practice hub, however I’ve never used the free plus as I was worried it could accidentally kick over into paid so I don’t have a comparison point of what it is like.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

luciennet wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:05 am

If you liked plus and can’t pay for it, some of the benefits are available for free if you use set up a “school”. Unlimited hearts, no ads, and don’t “pay” for skill tests or legendaries.

I find enough practice in the path to not feel a need for the practice hub, however I’ve never used the free plus as I was worried it could accidentally kick over into paid so I don’t have a comparison point of what it is like.

The 3-days plus on the house needed only to be acknowledged by web-site users: no credit card data or Paypal required. Moreover, they only came after stretches of additional 50 day streaks. I last got 3 days Plus after my streak reached 750.

Using the website version rather than the app, there is no 'hearts-hurdle'. Ads are minimal, unit tests are free of charge but you have to pay 10 lingots for your legendaries. As such web-site users have less incentives to starting a school.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

Leckylol101
Great Britain

Post by Leckylol101 »

I got super

Return to “Duolingo”