Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Course reset on Duome

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

Explorer
Portugal

Course reset on Duome

Post by Explorer »

My course progress has been reset for some reason (0 crowns, 0 lessons, 0 lexemes, 0 % strength). It's weird because I can complete my lessons normally both in the app and on the web.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

eI000yo

Re: Course reset on Duome

Post by eI000yo »

At https://duome.eu/Explorer/en/de I can see

Crowns: 648/826

If you turn on the Skills tab you can see your crowns are legendary or golden.

This data is likely a cached snapshot from your last visit when the German course was active.

EDITED: Most likely I didn't understand the colors correctly. See comments below.

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

eI000yo wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:29 am

At https://duome.eu/Explorer/en/de I can see

Crowns: 648/826

If you turn on the Skills tab you can see your crowns are legendary or golden.

This data is likely a cached snapshot from your last visit when the German course was active.

On the main page I still see:

Tree: L0
Crowns: 0/826
Skills: /137+2
Lessons: 0
Lexemes: 0
Strength: 0%

How can I update these data? I checked my profile a couple of days ago and everything was alright. Apparently it only happens with the German course.

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Today Duome is tracking my progress again. But it's like I've started over my German course from scratch, which is clearly wrong. I'm currently in unit 62 and have already completed 24 legendary units. [mention]duome[/mention] is it a bug? :ugeek:

Tree: L0
Crowns: 1/826
Skills: 1/137+2
Lessons: 5
Lexemes: 114
Strength: 100%

duome

Post by duome »

Duome is tracking the old format which looks like it has been reset, kind of:

The "People" skill has this:

[level_sessions_finished] => 0
[levels_finished] => 0

Yet there's a [num_skills_learned] => 93 - for the entire course

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

duome wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:52 pm

Duome is tracking the old format which looks like it has been reset, kind of:

I understand that. What makes me scratch my head is that this only happens in the German course. Data from other courses seem to be fine.

eI000yo

Post by eI000yo »

[mention]duome[/mention]: Thank you very much for your excellent explanations, as always.

[mention] Explorer[/mention]: Duolingo applies thousands of customizations. Each account is unique.
Yesterday, for the first time, I saw that your course had been completed, all the skills were golden and a lot were legendary, then I saw it absolutely white, and now I see partially white, partially golden, and legendary.

Duolingo · Explorer @ duome.eu.png
Duolingo · Explorer @ duome.eu.png (379.31 KiB) Viewed 496 times
01tmJ8kb

Post by 01tmJ8kb »

eI000yo wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:27 pm

@ Explorer: Duolingo applies thousands of customizations. Each account is unique.
Yesterday, for the first time, I saw that your course had been completed, all the skills were golden and a lot were legendary, then I saw it absolutely white, and now I see partially white, partially golden, and legendary

Those purple skills in the latest screenshot appear to be ones that are unlocked, not ones which are legendary. The adjacent crowns are showing Level 0.

Edit: Ignore this next bit. I have discovered that there are two different ways of displaying progress, only one of which has the tree tab. I note also that Explorer has no "Tree" tab. (My own Progress page has tabs titled "Tree", "Skills", "Words" and "Tips and Notes".)

Last edited by 01tmJ8kb on Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

:gb: N :de: A1 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 A1 :fr: A1

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

eI000yo wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:27 pm

@ Explorer: Duolingo applies thousands of customizations. Each account is unique.
Yesterday, for the first time, I saw that your course had been completed, all the skills were golden and a lot were legendary, then I saw it absolutely white, and now I see partially white, partially golden, and legendary.

The point is that Duome cannot be used to track progress anymore, since the data provided by Duolingo are innacurate and mostly wrong. I completed the first 24 units to legendary, still according to my Duome profile it looks like I've never completed skills like Basics 1, Basics 2 or Greetings. What a mess.

And many others in gold...

eI000yo

Post by eI000yo »

[mention]01tmJ8kb[/mention]: I apologize, my fault, the colors have confused me. You're fine, the skills are level 0.

[mention]Explorer[/mention]: Of course, Duolingo is giving the wrong data, and Duome is not at all to blame for the new situation.
I just tried to find an explanation.

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”